1.6.4 Modpack releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSahd

Jul 29, 2019
I am very pleased to see the new packs coming out. While waiting I put up an ATLauncher server running Overload. It was buggy as hell. Now if Monster will include Galacticraft then all will be right in the world once again.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I am very pleased to see the new packs coming out. While waiting I put up an ATLauncher server running Overload. It was buggy as hell. Now if Monster will include Galacticraft then all will be right in the world once again.

Don't expect it to be in the pack because there's a good chance it won't be. It's not in the universal configs.

burning_gemios

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to launch the Direwolf20 1.6 pack it won't. It'll download but after that nothing happened. Won't even open to the Mojang screen, any ideas why? :(

Thelegendback

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to launch the Direwolf20 1.6 pack it won't. It'll download but after that nothing happened. Won't even open to the Mojang screen, any ideas why? :(
*facepalm* Have you even read the page? Well I guess not if you ask that question, Ash new signiture, "TECH SUPPORT (link)" Then just post Sig in your scentences XD, #SaveAshsHumanityandsanity

Andy2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

The new Modpacks shows ok, I love Modpacks with Magic an Tech so for me the best Modpack is "Tech World Horizons". I will Test and look whats the best Pack for me. But One thing:

How big is the Change that One of the Packs are not Build to Die?
I like build Worlds over Months an best over Years. The One really bad thing on FTP is I must start a new World everytime comes a new Pack. I know its not only a Problem by the FTP Team, the Mods are make from Persons that make it in free Times .. and i will Thank for that. But it was really nice when One of the new Packs have only Mods that Change by a Team or is Open Source or the Builder of the Mod shows in the last Years he is dependable. Hope it will comes a Modpack that can use in 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and so on 1.999999999999 :D

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

The new Modpacks shows ok, I love Modpacks with Magic an Tech so for me the best Modpack is "Tech World Horizons". I will Test and look whats the best Pack for me. But One thing:

How big is the Change that One of the Packs are not Build to Die?
I like build Worlds over Months an best over Years. The One really bad thing on FTP is I must start a new World everytime comes a new Pack. I know its not only a Problem by the FTP Team, the Mods are make from Persons that make it in free Times .. and i will Thank for that. But it was really nice when One of the new Packs have only Mods that Change by a Team or is Open Source or the Builder of the Mod shows in the last Years he is dependable. Hope it will comes a Modpack that can use in 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and so on 1.999999999999 :D
What you are asking for is impossible. Each major update to Minecraft changes so much that breaks aspects of most mods that requires them to rewrite portions of their code that makes it impossible to upgrade a modded world from one version of Minecraft to another. Heck, some major updates break VANILLA worlds, so expecting it to be possible for a modded world is... less than likely.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Andy2k

Jul 29, 2019
What you are asking for is impossible. Each major update to Minecraft changes so much that breaks aspects of most mods that requires them to rewrite portions of their code that makes it impossible to upgrade a modded world from one version of Minecraft to another. Heck, some major updates break VANILLA worlds, so expecting it to be possible for a modded world is... less than likely.
Ok bad News for me. Minecraft needs a API for Mods that they Work in other Versions *g*

I looked the Packs and I thing the Techpack is my. But i will try One, 2 or 3 Mods from the Horizons Pack. Hope it works.
At the End I can say bye Unleashed and Unhinged. It was a short, but a good Time with you ;)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok bad News for me. Minecraft needs a API for Mods that they Work in other Versions *g*

I looked the Packs and I thing the Techpack is my. But i will try One, 2 or 3 Mods from the Horizons Pack. Hope it works.
At the End I can say bye Unleashed and Unhinged. It was a short, but a good Time with you ;)
Even if Minecraft introduced an official API, it would probably still have code changes, and mods would probably still need to rewrite portions of their code at major updates. And, worlds would probably still break.

It's the sad truth, and this isn't just limited to Minecraft. Any game with a modding community will have this problem.

joris van roy

Jul 29, 2019
i need help with the 1.6.4 packs!!!

when i launch a 1.6.4 modpack it downloads it thats all fine but then when its fully downloaded it says in the console:
debug: retaining modpack file: (where my ftb launcher is on my pc)\modpacks\magicfarm2(for example magicfarm 2)\magicfarm2.zip
(then in red) unexpected end of ZLIB input stream: java.ioEOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
Error extracting natives: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

thats for the console but it creates a new tab that says ERROR!
Error extracting natives: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

thats all the problems i get and i dont know how to fix it plz respond because i want to play 1.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.