[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

OmegasParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately the mod that adds octuple diamond/gold/iron blocks conflicts with minechem... I was going to require the player to make those in ME^4... Today is a sad day.
Can you not just delete the item id's for the conflicting blocks? or just change them.[DOUBLEPOST=1413107945][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually built a good ol' fashion multi-block apple oak farm -> charcoal using redstone furnace -> steam dynamos w/ acc. acumulator -> hardened cell. Yeah lol I'm old school!

For a mob xp farm, I made an Ethos-style mob dropper that drops mobs 21 blocks onto an iron spike. I put a vacuum hopper next to the spike and hooked up a chest and a tank. This works really well as a passive mob grinder, and it collects some nice bows, armor, bread, and XP as well as much more. I use a barrel for the string and dirt so the chest doesn't fill up.

To address the bigger spiders that can't fit down the tube (somehow they spawn in a 1x1 even though I used slabs on the spawn pads!), I put 4 iron spikes on the 4 inner spawn pads to kill them, and their loot drops down. Nice feature about iron spikes, they don't destroy items it appears.

I built the dropper on top of the 128x128 chamber, then I unload the chamber if it's not lite up for max. spawning. I just recently put a 10x10 grass patch next to it and now I'm getting animal spawns.

I hope this helps someone, thanks again parcel31u for the pack.

There is an epic reward that gives you a 128 space called 'mob system'. It just has a ramp and a chest with spikes and conveyers. Nothing built but it gives the space.

Last edited:

Ignus108

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know where I can find more Atlarus (the yellow ore) and Adamantine? I'm stuck on the 'Victory Monument' questline. (I've already checked The Deep Dark several times.)

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know where I can find more Atlarus (the yellow ore) and Adamantine? I'm stuck on the 'Victory Monument' questline. (I've already checked The Deep Dark several times.)

It should be in the deep dark in the latest version, where the deep dark is dimenion is 100. Try using the orefinder

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
I had 9 Mini Me so far and parked them behind fences in the building area because I wanted to use the lassos to capture some animals. Today, I went to the building area and 2 of them were running outside the fences and 2 of them are simply dead (don't know if they suffocated or what but they are missing). I can't say I'm sad about losing any of these pesky mini-thing unless they are involved in some quest. So, are they? Am I screwed? I would be really pissed of if that's the case, I've done too much progress to start over... Thanks.

Reactions: parcel31u

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I had 9 Mini Me so far and parked them behind fences in the building area because I wanted to use the lassos to capture some animals. Today, I went to the building area and 2 of them were running outside the fences and 2 of them are simply dead (don't know if they suffocated or what but they are missing). I can't say I'm sad about losing any of these pesky mini-thing unless they are involved in some quest. So, are they? Am I screwed? I would be really pissed of if that's the case, I've done too much progress to start over... Thanks.

I removed that quest in the latest version.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you had any info you could share about any updates:) What you have planed, what you are waiting for, or when/if there will be another update? If not that's cool. I really like this pack, and check here so much every day to see what's next. Thanks again for the great work.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you had any info you could share about any updates:) What you have planed, what you are waiting for, or when/if there will be another update? If not that's cool. I really like this pack, and check here so much every day to see what's next. Thanks again for the great work.

I stopped working on ME^3 and I've been testing out mods and getting out the foundation before I start building the map for ME^4.
There's also this: https://twitter.com/parcel31u/status/521451945668923393

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I actually built a good ol' fashion multi-block apple oak farm -> charcoal using redstone furnace -> steam dynamos w/ acc. acumulator -> hardened cell. Yeah lol I'm old school!

For a mob xp farm, I made an Ethos-style mob dropper that drops mobs 21 blocks onto an iron spike. I put a vacuum hopper next to the spike and hooked up a chest and a tank. This works really well as a passive mob grinder, and it collects some nice bows, armor, bread, and XP as well as much more. I use a barrel for the string and dirt so the chest doesn't fill up.

To address the bigger spiders that can't fit down the tube (somehow they spawn in a 1x1 even though I used slabs on the spawn pads!), I put 4 iron spikes on the 4 inner spawn pads to kill them, and their loot drops down. Nice feature about iron spikes, they don't destroy items it appears.

I built the dropper on top of the 128x128 chamber, then I unload the chamber if it's not lite up for max. spawning. I just recently put a 10x10 grass patch next to it and now I'm getting animal spawns.

I was going to make a multiblock treefarm, but it requires apatite, and that costs money, which is... not really renewable. I didn't realize vacuum hoppers were available, and that the area on top of the spatial pylon areas could spawn mobs. It must be an x/z coordinate restriction, then...

CraftsmanChris

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to make a multiblock treefarm, but it requires apatite, and that costs money, which is... not really renewable. I didn't realize vacuum hoppers were available, and that the area on top of the spatial pylon areas could spawn mobs. It must be an x/z coordinate restriction, then...
Yes, apatite is non-renewable, but after mining the miner's delight area, you will have enough to last for a long, long time. I made the smallest farm, 3x3x4, and I used entirely RWTema Extra Utilities pipes, my favorite!

Last edited:

PizzaMan585

Jul 29, 2019
for people who know how to use and/or would like to use a periodic table here is a great one also great if your studying Chemistry at school

Attachments

• periodic-table-2jh1745.gif
    periodic-table-2jh1745.gif
    235.8 KB · Views: 82

rodpodimus

Jul 29, 2019

How are you getting XP drops, we setup an area with cursed earth with fans surrounding to drop down a 3x3 area with iron spikes at the bottom hooked up to vacuum hopper. We get all the drops in the AE system but there isnt any XP in the hopper, or in our fluiducts. I read that iron spikes dont give you XP anymore, maybe we're missing something. We tried autonomous activators with swords...lol bad idea. First time a dirt creeper drops down it fills up the dropdown full of dirt. :p

Also, the flying spiders in the nether....what a pain in the butt. Are they supposed to one-hit you, even with full enchanted armor? Still trying to make my way to that building, the Vyroxeres ore veins were a pain too.

By the way, love the pack parcel. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: parcel31u

IceMasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
Im on the quest where i need to fight the wither, whats the best location to do (for minimal damage to base and melee fighting area) this and any recommendations on gear?

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Im on the quest where i need to fight the wither, whats the best location to do (for minimal damage to base and melee fighting area) this and any recommendations on gear?

I went out to where the "corrupted" drive was, and tried to box him in a bit with some obsidian (don't bother). I managed to kill it before it could do any damage. The good thing is that if you're running backwards, you don't have to worry about obstacles/bits/etc.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
I would personally go far away, somewhere at the bedrock level. And if you want melee range, maybe get some Septuple+ compressed cobblestone to contain him (yeah, I'm a pussy)? Regarding gear, I can't answer that question, I don't know if the Wither is buffed compared to vanilla. But I'd probably get some minechem molecules that give Regen/Strengh and some milk buckets. Good Luck!

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
I am stuck on the quest to get the "debugger". I know it is probably right in front of my nose and I just can't figure it out. Any subtle hints anyone could drop. Not looking for the direct answer, just a push in a direction would help. Thanks

kubiczirkonia

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I love this modpack so far, and I'm stuck on the mesa quest. I know there have been a few posts like this, and I've completely wrecked my mesa where people said the boosters were. If anyone could help me out with specific coords, that would be awesome. Thanks a ton!