[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
It's an interesting pack, but my framerate gets bombed if I try to do anything, I can barely fight and I either dig too much or place too many blocks all the time.

I removed most of the microblocks and useless pipes around the base. Runs about 20% better.

E_DM_B

Jul 29, 2019
I've always had quite a bit of trouble with MultiMC, so if possible it would be great if you could setup a tutorial on installing it in a spoiler somewhere. By the way, the pack looks awesome!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I feel conflicted, this is pretty fun but MineChem keeps tempting me, it's the most exploit ridden thing I've seen and makes EE2 look carefully planned. It almost feels like every fourth recipe is designed to make you have infinite gains.

So my question is what's the ruling on the exploits? Are they a part of the map and MineChem and something we can use or should we avoid using them? Things like melons, leather or slime balls, is it just the power of science though?

Also is there anyway to craft the materials that don't fit a 3x3 grid, the ones like keratin.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I feel conflicted, this is pretty fun but MineChem keeps tempting me, it's the most exploit ridden thing I've seen and makes EE2 look carefully planned. It almost feels like every fourth recipe is designed to make you have infinite gains.

So my question is what's the ruling on the exploits? Are they a part of the map and MineChem and something we can use or should we avoid using them? Things like melons, leather or slime balls, is it just the power of science though?

Also is there anyway to craft the materials that don't fit a 3x3 grid, the ones like keratin.

I don't know of any exploits, other than maybe producing blaze rods, but that requires power. Do you have any examples of exploits with minechem?

I do believe keratin is still bugged.[DOUBLEPOST=1407383760][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've always had quite a bit of trouble with MultiMC, so if possible it would be great if you could setup a tutorial on installing it in a spoiler somewhere. By the way, the pack looks awesome!

Get the latest version of forge, put mods, configs, and template in the minecraft folder, then run.

Or if that doesn't work, download ftb lite, replace mods and configs, add template to minecraft folder, run ftb light.

Reactions: E_DM_B

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
I think the power gen of AE should be lightened. Its very hard to power the 128 x 128 system or the chemistry system long enough to use it using RF. Also maybe some of those steam dynamos should be made into magmatics.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I think the power gen of AE should be lightened. Its very hard to power the 128 x 128 system or the chemistry system long enough to use it using RF. Also maybe some of those steam dynamos should be made into magmatics.
Peachesss

I've taken most of the dynamos out in the latest version of the map. You might want to only have the ME network powered when you are actually loading or unloading an area, keeping it turned off when you go into the spatial area.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
When you decompose leather you have a 50% chance of getting the 3 chemicals required to make it. When you combine the 3 chemicals in the synthesiser you get 5 leather.

A slice of melon is made from 1 Water, you can combine 9 melon slices into a melon, a melon decomposes to 16 water, aspartic acid, and cucurbitacin.

A slime ball is formed from 1 poly(methyl methacrylate), a blaze powder from 1 plutonium. These combine to form a magma cream which decomposes to 1 plutonium, 1 mercury, and 3 poly(methyl methacrylate).

Sand decomposes to 16 Silicon Dioxide, 1 Silicon Dioxide decomposes to 1 Silicon and 2 Oxygen. 1 Silicon and 2 Oxygen form 8 cobblestone. 1 cobblestone pulverizers to 1 sand.

They're the only four I've found so far, there are variations of the last one in a few places but it's basically just those. The ridiculous conversion rate from RF to MineChem energy just means that you can keep the machines powered incredibly easily as well, my tests put the conversion at about 1 RF to 50 Energy, even with costs over 100k energy it would make it not too hard to keep up with a decent demand. Also I can't see an exploit involving blaze rods.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
When you decompose leather you have a 50% chance of getting the 3 chemicals required to make it. When you combine the 3 chemicals in the synthesiser you get 5 leather.

A slice of melon is made from 1 Water, you can combine 9 melon slices into a melon, a melon decomposes to 16 water, aspartic acid, and cucurbitacin.

A slime ball is formed from 1 poly(methyl methacrylate), a blaze powder from 1 plutonium. These combine to form a magma cream which decomposes to 1 plutonium, 1 mercury, and 3 poly(methyl methacrylate).

Sand decomposes to 16 Silicon Dioxide, 1 Silicon Dioxide decomposes to 1 Silicon and 2 Oxygen. 1 Silicon and 2 Oxygen form 8 cobblestone. 1 cobblestone pulverizers to 1 sand.

They're the only four I've found so far, there are variations of the last one in a few places but it's basically just those. The ridiculous conversion rate from RF to MineChem energy just means that you can keep the machines powered incredibly easily as well, my tests put the conversion at about 1 RF to 50 Energy, even with costs over 100k energy it would make it not too hard to keep up with a decent demand. Also I can't see an exploit involving blaze rods.
Oh wow I haven't noticed any of those, I'll have to look into that tomorrow, but just making slime balls and cobblestone shouldn't be that big of a deal, nothing game breaking. So for now, still no rules on exploits.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The main uses of them is in getting the raw chemicals, notably carbon which can be turned into carbon nanotubes for diamonds. Each nanotube requires 4 stacks of carbon, that's about 16 slimeballs, 8 melons, or 4 leather.

On another exploit for you, you can turn 16 water into 1 water bucket, needless to say that is quite the source of resources.

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
Are there some files/mods that are unique to Windows? I'm on a mac and have been trying for the past hour to get it the pack to work.

When I launch minecraft with the mods, it gets to the splash screen and then crashes. I was looking at the Game Output in the launcher and it has a bunch of warnings about all the mods missing a pack.mcmeta file.

I am currently using Forge 1.6.4 - 9.11.1.965, I tried installing in the Vanilla launcher, replacing FTB Lite files like you suggested, and I even tried the MultiMC instance that dudeedud4 posted here. Every single method that I tried resulted in the same crash. If you need the crash logs I can pastebin them.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Are there some files/mods that are unique to Windows? I'm on a mac and have been trying for the past hour to get it the pack to work.

When I launch minecraft with the mods, it gets to the splash screen and then crashes. I was looking at the Game Output in the launcher and it has a bunch of warnings about all the mods missing a pack.mcmeta file.

I am currently using Forge 1.6.4 - 9.11.1.965, I tried installing in the Vanilla launcher, replacing FTB Lite files like you suggested, and I even tried the MultiMC instance that dudeedud4 posted here. Every single method that I tried resulted in the same crash. If you need the crash logs I can pastebin them.
I have no idea, I've never used a Mac.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019

The mac difference has to do with the LWJGL files being different. Create a new MultiMc 1.6.4 instance then install forge through it and copy the minecraft folder into that instances foldero verwriting its minecraft folder.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who is running it on mac here's what I did, I downloaded a pack (BnB for reference), deleted the config, mod, and schematic folders, and then just put in the mod, config, and template folders from ME^3. Then just launching it works fine.

Now for other stuff, I've played a fair bit more and have some more suggestions/thoughts. First the big two, update ME^3 to RC2 and turn on automation please, since otherwise we're stuck with manual synthesis only which is fairly annoying if you actually want to use AE to automate stuff. It also fixes the Keratin glitch. The second big suggestion is to preferably remove the bedrock floor, it just seems distinctly weird for the space station theme, over the void feels like it would look much better.

Is there anyway to fix the mob spawning? Because currently it's overwhelming spiders and dirt creepers with the occasional enderman, I've seen one skeleton ever and no zombies. I have also seen no types of creeper other than dirt creepers, for spiders they are easily 90% desert and pale spiders with baby spiders making up nearly all of the rest. This is just irritating, the mobs feel like they'd be a lot better if it wasn't the same stuff every time, get the skeletons, zombies, and creepers back in.

It's not easy but I'm nearly certain that you could change minechem recipes if you wanted, I could try writing up a little guide thing for you on how to do that if you want? Although currently it seems like you'd need another tiny mod to add decomposing/synthesis recipes and actually modifying the minechem mod to add/remove molecules. It would probably be done some time over the next week if you wanted it, depends on how hard it actually is.

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
I just removed MineChem and it started up and ran within seconds. So I guess no Minechem until parcel31u gets the pack approved. :(

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who is running it on mac here's what I did, I downloaded a pack (BnB for reference), deleted the config, mod, and schematic folders, and then just put in the mod, config, and template folders from ME^3. Then just launching it works fine.

Now for other stuff, I've played a fair bit more and have some more suggestions/thoughts. First the big two, update ME^3 to RC2 and turn on automation please, since otherwise we're stuck with manual synthesis only which is fairly annoying if you actually want to use AE to automate stuff. It also fixes the Keratin glitch. The second big suggestion is to preferably remove the bedrock floor, it just seems distinctly weird for the space station theme, over the void feels like it would look much better.

Is there anyway to fix the mob spawning? Because currently it's overwhelming spiders and dirt creepers with the occasional enderman, I've seen one skeleton ever and no zombies. I have also seen no types of creeper other than dirt creepers, for spiders they are easily 90% desert and pale spiders with baby spiders making up nearly all of the rest. This is just irritating, the mobs feel like they'd be a lot better if it wasn't the same stuff every time, get the skeletons, zombies, and creepers back in.

It's not easy but I'm nearly certain that you could change minechem recipes if you wanted, I could try writing up a little guide thing for you on how to do that if you want? Although currently it seems like you'd need another tiny mod to add decomposing/synthesis recipes and actually modifying the minechem mod to add/remove molecules. It would probably be done some time over the next week if you wanted it, depends on how hard it actually is.

First of all, I don't think RE2 has automation, but I'll check. I just looked at the change log where they have added an api to change recipes, but I'm not at all sure where to find it or how to use it.

I'll look into adding a more diverse amount of mobs.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
RC2 has the allowAutomation config option, check the very end of the changelog on curseforge. The API is to allow other mods to add or remove recipes for decomposing/synthesising, you can't do it from config as no-ones written support for that into modtweaker or anything yet.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
This looks really fun. Do you have an estimate for when it will be on the launcher?

If I get everything done tomorrow, then maybe then, if not, then next week Thursday or Friday, as due by the update schedule for third party modpacks.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Can you cut the loot way down? I had to take those bronze chest and they're already half full. This sould be Hostile not hey, lots of mobs and too much loot! Btw waaay to many mobs in the yellow wool area.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
One other thing I forgot to ask for, could we at least get JABBA? I'd nearly prefer MFR even if just for DSUs but JABBA could be fine as well, just so we have a better way of dealing with the huge amounts of atoms you can get if you're actually breaking everything down. It would be much more useful if we can get automation as well as it would make storing everything as the raw atoms/molecules actually somewhat viable. As is I've got huge amounts of hydronium and ammonium.