[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome map, definitely the best map I have ever played IMHO.

I'm having a lot of trouble in The Nether though. I made a portal and spawned in a lava lake like most people, and when I go back through I load ~600 blocks away like most people so I think it's all ok there. The problem is when I go to 0,0 like the quest says, it's nothing but bedrock at the top, I have mined out a 100x100 area at the top and can't find anything at all other than bedrock :(

I have seen some people having problems like this because they started on an older version, but I only started playing a few days ago and I'm pretty sure I have always been on 1.4.4 and never updated. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Edit: I have seen that you can reset all your dimensions, but since I have never updated I am unsure if that will work, and also I really don't want to reset all the work I did in the dungeons :(
If I do have to reset The Nether, is there any way to reset only The Nether and not everything else?

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Hi parcel31u,
Thanks for making this modpack! I have enjoyed playing it for many hours so far.
One thing bugs me, however. After going deep down in the dungeon, I found a chest of wool. Magenta wool, Victory Monument branded. But I also found the same chest with Magenta VM wool in the Inclusion Chamber.
At the same time, I now have all wools, except for the blue one. (I found the brown one recently, and can't understand how I missed that one before.)
Is this a bug, and should the blue wool be in the dungeon chest? Or am I still simply not finding it? I am playing version 1.4.4 on the FTB launcher, and that is the only version I ever played or downloaded.
Can you tell me in which Digital Environment I should look for the (dark) blue wool?

Also, is the armory meant to store one set of each type of metal armour, together with sword, pickaxe, axe and shovel in that material?

Finally, when I attach a disk cabinet and controller (and power) to your Periodic Table of Elements in the Victory Monument, and I store 10 copies of a radioactive molecule in it, then it does not show up on the individual monitor. The stable elements work fine, so if I put 1x element 1 (H), 2x element 2 (He) and so on in the disk cabinet, it should show the element numbers correctly afterwards. That's probably why you want me to collect that many. The fusion reactor is my best friend here! :)
Can you test it out, to put some radioactive elements in your system, and have them show up correctly on your periodic table of elements?

Again, thanks for creating this modpack. I hope you win the competition.

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome map, definitely the best map I have ever played IMHO.

I'm having a lot of trouble in The Nether though. I made a portal and spawned in a lava lake like most people, and when I go back through I load ~600 blocks away like most people so I think it's all ok there. The problem is when I go to 0,0 like the quest says, it's nothing but bedrock at the top, I have mined out a 100x100 area at the top and can't find anything at all other than bedrock :(

I have seen some people having problems like this because they started on an older version, but I only started playing a few days ago and I'm pretty sure I have always been on 1.4.4 and never updated. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks!

You are meant to spawn in that lava lake in the Nether - it seems that portal has been placed there deliberately. You can get out of it without touching the lava (and burning yourself), though, but you must be very careful.
I had the same problem there - maybe the multitool can get rid of the bedrock? I don't know - I had to cheat there to make the quest work.
Just like when going to the "Deep Dark". It loads into dimension -100 when I try it (a negative number), but the quest system uses dimension 100 (positive), so the quest never marks as visited. I needed the admin book to complete these quests manually.

I have only ever played version 1.4.4, and your problem applies to there as well. So either we can remove the bedrock with a tool, or it is a bug, and parcel31u will have to punch a hole in it.
Yes, I punched through that bedrock in creative mode once, and it really was solid bedrock all over in a large radius.[DOUBLEPOST=1411670494][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's an interesting pack, but my framerate gets bombed if I try to do anything, I can barely fight and I either dig too much or place too many blocks all the time.
Did you give the modpack 4 Gigabytes of memory (check your Java settings in the FTB launcher screens)?
Consider reducing the number of chunks that get rendered (lower your viewing distance). It might help.

Reactions: tsjb

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
You are meant to spawn in that lava lake in the Nether - it seems that portal has been placed there deliberately. You can get out of it without touching the lava (and burning yourself), though, but you must be very careful.
I had the same problem there - maybe the multitool can get rid of the bedrock? I don't know - I had to cheat there to make the quest work.
Just like when going to the "Deep Dark". It loads into dimension -100 when I try it (a negative number), but the quest system uses dimension 100 (positive), so the quest never marks as visited. I needed the admin book to complete these quests manually.

I have only ever played version 1.4.4, and your problem applies to there as well. So either we can remove the bedrock with a tool, or it is a bug, and parcel31u will have to punch a hole in it.
Yes, I punched through that bedrock in creative mode once, and it really was solid bedrock all over in a large radius.

Luckily I bought the fire resist set before I went in so I could swim across and barely survive, then I tunnelled up to 0,0,130.

It's strange that we both had the exact same problem, I think I'll search around a tiny bit more and then punch through on creative too if I can't find anything.

Edit: I just punched through because there wasn't really anywhere else I could search, and wow you were right about it just being solid bedrock, maybe we were supposed to use the glitch to get through the bedrock?

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember the orange was but the red is just the hardest wool to find.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk
The orange one requires some serious digging in one of the earlier Digital Worlds.
The red one can be obtained after following a certain maze in a certain Digital World. I did not find it at first, but I found it when I reminded myself that the maze could also go up and down. :)

I have all the wools, except for the blue one. Can someone tell me in which Digital World the (dark) blue wool is hidden?

Thanks in advance.

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I found the Egyptian Temple with the snake but there was no Egyptian Coin in the Chest. What shall i do as this quest unlocks quests elsewhere.

This is an epic modpack i am really enjoying it.
thanks
nick
For people who have problems with this:
There are two temples hidden below sand. In two, different, Digital Areas. And they are covered by two, different, quests.
So you found the temple for the other quest. Keep the items you found in the chest. And then load another Digital Area, and find the other temple with the other reward.

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
What I did to solve this was to ender pearl onto the nether rack and then dig down to avoid the flying spiders. Was watching wyld on twitch though and he was able to make a cobblestone tunnel from the portal to the netherrack.[DOUBLEPOST=1411483613][/DOUBLEPOST]
Be very careful with the polytools. Some of the effects that seem great are broken. Any AOE effect will effect you so AOE blind will blind you. The polytool effect that puts torches down when you mine will sometimes replace a redstone energy conduit with a torch. Your best place for information would be to read the minechem source code or #minechem on espernet.

I got some fire resistance potions from an earlier quest. They could help. But if you have been in such a situation before, press shift to sneak, then walk to the edge, with cobblestone in your hand, and after moving a little bit, you can then place the cobblestone against the obsidian blocks that are below the lava level. Don't wait too long, however, unless you do it on peaceful.
I think the map maker deliberately puts you in this dangerous spot, unless you leave the base first, and walk more than 1000 blocks away from the base, away from (0,0) and build the portal there.
Always have a stack of cobblestone on your hotbar!

If you quickly make a small platform to stand on, next to the portal, and then quickly place more cobble above the portal, and finally adjacent to the left and right wall of the portal, you are relatively safe there. Building a tunnel should be the way to go in the Nether. Slow and steady wins the race here!

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
HaHa, I have been play for awhile, and I just now found out that there is a floor/bedrock lvl under the building lvl. What is up with the mini-mes running around that just rush you and pick you up.lolol Also, is there any use for the building that has a HUGE spatial room, or the one right by the elevator with the village trading post in it?
One of the later quests requires you to use that room to load a big world in it. And it requires you to setup the big power requirements for it as well. Just wait until the quest line brings you there.
And finally, everyone will be on the bedrock layer once they leave the Nether. The exit portal (on the Overworld) will always be on the bedrock level, no matter where you build your own obsidian Nether portal.

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm honestly stumped in the Mesa Caverns, trying to find the wireless transmitters that are apparently hidden in here... Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?
Follow the open holes from the ceiling, and descend. You should find a lake with a waterfall. Take the waterfall down. When following the already made caves, you'll find at least two spawners with a chest on them (Creepers?) and a chest with wool in a small hallway between them. This should be around Y=8 or so. Once the area is safe, look around, look at the walls. One of the ME/AE machines should be visible.
If you open the control panel, there are 10 or so wireless transmitters in there. But if you look at the floor there, there are 25 machines in a 5x5 grid. Right-click on each of them to open them up. They should have about 16 wireless cards in each of them. Continue until you have 200, and then turn in the quest.

Also, you may want to follow the AE cable to the rest of the system. You might need what you find there in a future quest, or you can put it to good use for your own base.[DOUBLEPOST=1411672868][/DOUBLEPOST]
How are players storing there liquids for the monument? What tanks are you guys using? Also, how do you put MineChem in Tanks to also add to the monument?
You should complete the Periodic Table of Elements against the back wall. Add a controller, some power, and a disk cabinet with some disks (1K or 4K). You will need at least 3 disks (the cabinet has space for 10 disks).
Then, store the MineChem tubes on those disks. For that, either attach a console/crafting console to the network, or use an ME chest and temporarily take one disk from that cabinet and store the tubes on it (in the ME chest) and put it back in the ME drive.
Whatever works for you.

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is synched right now, use the launcher for the client and server.

Resetting the nether isn't enough, you'll need to take the dimension file from the template of v1.4.4 and place it in your save.

I have only played on v1.4.4 ever, and when I punch through the bedrock, that 'stabilisation device' is around 0,0 together with a chest with goodies. So I think I have the newest version of the maps/worlds.
But so far the only way I can get through the bedrock layer is by switching to Creative and punching a hole.
Did you forget to include a 1x1 hole near that device in the Nether, or is there some way you want us to glitch through the bedrock? If so, then how to do it? (And how do I get back below the bedrock? With 10 more obsidian and a flint and steel for a new portal?)

Mystical Chill

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded the mod pack a week ago and I am having a lot of fun...but....
Why can't I find the coin in the tomb in the biomass spatial??? I have spent hours looking for it. Can someone give me a hint so I don't lose my mind? Lol

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have only played on v1.4.4 ever, and when I punch through the bedrock, that 'stabilisation device' is around 0,0 together with a chest with goodies. So I think I have the newest version of the maps/worlds.
But so far the only way I can get through the bedrock layer is by switching to Creative and punching a hole.
Did you forget to include a 1x1 hole near that device in the Nether, or is there some way you want us to glitch through the bedrock? If so, then how to do it? (And how do I get back below the bedrock? With 10 more obsidian and a flint and steel for a new portal?)
There is a way of breaking bedrock ceilings by growing trees near the ceiling. Not sure if its a 1.7 "feature" or if it also works in 1.6

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

roguemale

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic Modpack. Thank you.
How can i do the location quest to the Deep Dark Room? Is this on a spatial Drive? If so where?
Also i have completed all the quest in "Left Alone" (33/33) but i only see 97% complete.
Please help. I am at 182/201 Total quests completed.
Waiting in expectation for reply!
Thanks

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded the mod pack a week ago and I am having a lot of fun...but....
Why can't I find the coin in the tomb in the biomass spatial??? I have spent hours looking for it. Can someone give me a hint so I don't lose my mind? Lol

The Coin is not in the Biosphere, but it is in Miner's Delight.
The temple in the Biosphere has a different item, and it is used in a different quest.
(You have two quests in your quest book, each pointing to a different temple in a different Digital Area, with a different item to look for.)

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic Modpack. Thank you.
How can i do the location quest to the Deep Dark Room? Is this on a spatial Drive? If so where?
Also i have completed all the quest in "Left Alone" (33/33) but i only see 97% complete.
Please help. I am at 182/201 Total quests completed.
Waiting in expectation for reply!
Thanks

As far as I know, you go to the Deep Dark by crafting a certain item, placing it on the ground, and then right-clicking it. I have not found a spatial drive yet with it.
(The problem I encountered with this quest is that I ended up in dimension "-100" where the quest wants you to be in dimension "100". If you will encounter the same bug, the author may have to change the quest.)

The "97% complete" is a bug in the Hardcore Questing Mode mod. It is only visual. Your quests do count as complete. It is because one quest can be repeated over and over again.

roguemale

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, you go to the Deep Dark by crafting a certain item, placing it on the ground, and then right-clicking it. I have not found a spatial drive yet with it.
(The problem I encountered with this quest is that I ended up in dimension "-100" where the quest wants you to be in dimension "100". If you will encounter the same bug, the author may have to change the quest.)

The "97% complete" is a bug in the Hardcore Questing Mode mod. It is only visual. Your quests do count as complete. It is because one quest can be repeated over and over again.

Okay thanks. but which item. ?

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks. but which item. ?
It is called "Portal to the Deep Dark". It has item ID 2526 in NEI (Not Enough Items). You need a LOT of cobblestone (in compressed form, see the crafting recipe in NEI).
IMPORTANT: you need four instable ingots in the crafting process. Make sure you have the other items crafted first, because these ingots will explode 10 seconds after you craft them, so you must craft 4 of them and use them in the final recipe within 10 seconds! :)

Good luck! (Or you can cheat and do a "/give USERNAME 2526 1" where you replace USERNAME with your in-game name.)

roguemale

Jul 29, 2019
It is called "Portal to the Deep Dark". It has item ID 2526 in NEI (Not Enough Items). You need a LOT of cobblestone (in compressed form, see the crafting recipe in NEI).
IMPORTANT: you need four instable ingots in the crafting process. Make sure you have the other items crafted first, because these ingots will explode 10 seconds after you craft them, so you must craft 4 of them and use them in the final recipe within 10 seconds! :)

Good luck! (Or you can cheat and do a "/give USERNAME 2526 1" where you replace USERNAME with your in-game name.)

Fantastic Thank you. I have got plenty of compressed cobble potentially available once i have got the octuple compressed cobblestone for the victory monument, Currently got three septuple compressed cobble made already.
Have a great day

WikidSick

Jul 29, 2019
Even Deeper Quest Is bugged
I make a Deep Dark Portal, Go in it Then Its Says Wrong Dimension
I wanna know Why is it doing that

Reactions: parcel31u

Cute Rabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Even Deeper Quest Is bugged
I make a Deep Dark Portal, Go in it Then Its Says Wrong Dimension
I wanna know Why is it doing that

I think that parcel31u and the maker of the deep dark mod need to look into this. When I create the Portal, I end up in dimension -100 (minus 100), just like you do. The quest source checks for dimension 100 (positive 100).
I have seen that dimension 100 has been altered by parcel31u. He added a nice chest somewhere with some nice contents. (Parcel31u, if you read this, you should know about which chest I mean! :) )
Anyway, maybe parcel31u can explain why the dimension appears as 100 (positive 100) in his game (on his computer)? Whenever I test it, I end up in dimension -100.

Are there any people who play version 1.4.4 of the modpack, who can successfully complete this quest (without the admin quest book)?