[1.6.4] HappyDiggers AMP - Updated - Now with 98% more Awesome!

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
Im a little deeper into HDAMP (literally too ;) And i found few problems.
1.Treetap is useless. Rubber trees are not generating from ic2...
2. Some plants from Pam's Harvestcraft base are missing textures/animations/names
3. You should add mod that makes new mobs thaumaturgy compatible
4. Some nei recipes are not working, some are unaccessible.

Is there any video with HDAMP survival? There are so many mods in pack that it's really hard to start develop high tech. basiclly Macerator. Macerator need battery. battery need cable and tin something. Cable need rubber... I found many videos "how to build macerator", on you tube, but all of them are different than version used in pack. Seriously, you need video that show how to surviwe up to first generator/macerator etc...
My tip the rubber: Craft cable IC2 rubber, and ProjectRED rubber. Project red rubber is working this recipe!

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
HappyDiggers AMP has been updated to v2.5.2 with the following changelog:
v2.5.2
-Server only: updated mcpc-plus to R2.1-forge965-B254
-Updated BigReactors to 0.3.3A
-Updated CoFHCore to 2.0.0.5
-Updated EnderIO to 1.0.2.363
-Updated Galacticraft to 2.0.12.1026
-Updated Galacticraft-Planets to 2.0.12.1026
-Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.185
-Updated LycanitesMobs to 1.5.1
-Updated Mekanism to 6.1.0.40
-Updated MekanismGenerators to 6.1.0.40
-Updated MekanismTools to 6.1.0.40
-Updated MicdoodleCore to 2.0.12.1026
-Updated MineFactoryReloaded to 2.7.9-final
-Updated MobiusCore to 1.2.1
-Updated Opis to 1.2.2
-Updated Steve's Carts 2 to b11
-Updated ThaumicTinkerer to 2.3-140
-Updated Thermal Expansion to 3.0.0.6
-Updated Tinkers Construct to 1.5.5.6
-Updated Waila to 1.5.2

There is a fix for pam\s mods and waila mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ssing-namesicons-of-harvestcraft-cropsfruits/

There is also upgrade for mobs mods to be thaumcraft compatible:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2090604-16x-thaumcraft-addon-mob-aspects/

Proper macerator recipe is missing. nei doesn't show any recipe for macerator. And it's NOT like in vanilla IC2.
Rubber trees are from applied energetics. treetap isn't working. I can't find rubber trees from ic2...

Thanks for the links :)

As for the rubber. Use the rubber trees from Minefactory Reloaded, this is what they look like:
RJ6Nkaz.png

plZe5fT.png

The wood drops raw rubber when chopped down. You can smelt this rubber into a rubber bar. The rubber bar is interchangeable with IC2 recipes. You can even craft one into the other if you really want to.
KPo1waX.png

Vo0WG0o.png

ScH0Beq.png

The regular Macerator isn't used anymore as far as I know even though the recipe still shows up in NEI. The Macerator been replaced by the Automatic Macerator and the more expensive Universal Macerator which also doubles as a Rock Crusher. My suggestion would be to first use a Thermal Expansion Pulverizer or Ender IO SAG Mill and then upgrade to a Mekanism Factory before getting into the expensive GregTech machinery. But that's just a suggestion :)

Sverf

Jul 29, 2019
The normal GT route also requires you to build a steam version of various machines as well. To make the first circuits for example you need a steam smelter.

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019
If you would compile/draw/write a tree of technology applied in this mod pack it would be a great help for new players, that would like to try your pack. I must confess that after first week of play i was just about to uninstal it because it was so freakin complicated (and because nei is missing crucial mod changes, made by interaction between mods).
It's still unclear to me, what is the proper way to make batteries. There are like 4 kind in nei and recipe for most basic one is not working.

edit: A proper wiki with graphic of tree of technology would be best. Can be made in paint probably ;)

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible that I have too much knowledge about the mods that I don't notice the missing information or just take a different approach to doing stuff. So please list the recipes that are missing or not working. Just telling me that it doesn't work doesn't help me to help you :)

I've considered making a tutorial series on AMP. From early beginnings to end-game tech stuff. Right now my YouTube videos cover quite a lot of all that already, just not in a step-by-step manner.

Menoch

Jul 29, 2019
Was wondering if someone might be ably to have a look at this and tell me what I am doing wrong?

http://pastebin.com/nGrBUNXV

I just download it off the launcher, and try to run it straight up but get a crash back to launcher.
Mac Mini i5
HD4000 GPU
8 GB RAM
Java 7_u55

I can run every other mod pack on the launcher without problems, including with Resource Packs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I too would like to experience 98% more awesomeness :)

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you have a problem with Better Grass & Leaves or Better Signs.

Try removing those and let me know if that solves your crash.

Reactions: Menoch

Menoch

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you have a problem with Better Grass & Leaves or Better Signs.

Try removing those and let me know if that solves your crash.

Ah. I thank you for the tips. I did have to remove better signs and got the launch window up finally, but then the Launch Frame locked up at a point where I read "Greggy_greg_greg_please_do_kindly_stuff_a_sock_in_it"…. lol. Also something about late ore injections or something to that nature… so I removed Gregtechmod as well, and Shazam! It works without those two mods. Not sure why it was causing me problems whereas it works for others though. Ah the mysteries of…. stuff….

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
When you reach that part about greggy_greg, you could have waited longer (or get a fast computer). It even sais so in the log file :)

Oredictionary unification takes quite a long time to process everything. And that joker that's telling Greg to put a sock in it isn't exactly helping matters. So it's a choice you can make. Play with GregTech and wait a couple of minutes during start-up, or have faster start-up times and play without one of the best mods currently available.

Just to give you an idea. On my computer it takes about 4 minutes to load AMP.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Menoch

Jul 29, 2019
When you reach that part about greggy_greg, you could have waited longer (or get a fast computer). It even sais so in the log file :)

Oredictionary unification takes quite a long time to process everything. And that joker that's telling Greg to put a sock in it isn't exactly helping matters. So it's a choice you can make. Play with GregTech and wait a couple of minutes during start-up, or have faster start-up times and play without one of the best mods currently available.

Thanks for the replies, guys!!! :)

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com

Btw, about the greggy_greg thing, there's a version without that code, you can get it from PMing this cool dude. It's fully legal, since the mod is open-sourced.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Just a short question. Since when did the grass and signs mod stop working? I remember it used to work on my older machine. Since I copied my packs over to my new one, those mods started crashing MC. Those mods are also failing with phedran's pack going by the internet forums.

Is there any known hack to get it working again? If not, would it be removed from the main mod pack itself in a future update?

P.S: about the name digger's pack, since the phrase happydiggers is so prominent in all the logos and signatures, I assumed that it is a shorthand/another name for the pack and used. I will remember to refer it as AMP henceforth.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
@xbony2 Thanks for the tip :)

@AlCapella Better Grass & Leaves and Better Signs both work just fine. If you are having problems it's on your end.

So far I've had one report (from Menoch) of someone having a problem with Better Grass & Leaves. And that was cause because an Apple computer was involved. If you are also having problems, it's probably an outdated Java or bad driver issue.

Is your Java up-to-date? Current version is Java 7 Update 55: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

DId you update your graphics card drivers recently? If so, try the previous drivers you used when you didn't have the problem. If that fixes it, please report back here with the version numbers of both old+newer drivers.

I can see how HappyDiggers would become something people used to reference to our pack. You're right, it's presence in the logo is rather prominent :)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Is your Java up-to-date? Current version is Java 7 Update 55: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

DId you update your graphics card drivers recently? If so, try the previous drivers you used when you didn't have the problem. If that fixes it, please report back here with the version numbers of both old+newer drivers.

I can see how HappyDiggers would become something people used to reference to our pack. You're right, it's presence in the logo is rather prominent :)

Java is up to date. :)
My PC was built over the weekend, and the dealer installed all drivers from scratch. Ergo, no updates or anything so far. I have to check if the driver installed is an outdated one. I'll revert back.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
AMP has been updated to v2.6.0 with the following changelog:

v2.6.0
-Server only: updated mcpc-plus to R2.1-forge965-B262
-Added Harvestcraft Waila Fixes
-Added Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
-Added recipes for Forestry fertilizer based on Piles of Ashes
-Updated DamageIndicators to 2.9.2.4
-Updated ExtraCells to 1.6.9b
-Updated ForgeMultipart to 1.0.0.250
-Updated Galacticraft to 2.0.12.1029
-Updated GalacticraftPlanets to 2.0.12.1029
-Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.192
-Updated MicdoodleCore 2.0.12.1029
-Updated ThermalExpansion to 3.0.0.7
-Updated TinkersConstruct to 1.5.5.7
-Updated Tubes to 2.0.0

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
@AlCapella Better Grass & Leaves and Better Signs both work just fine. If you are having problems it's on your end.

Java is up to date.
My Radeon XFX R9 270 AMD drivers were installed by the dealer using the DVD that came with the card, therefore they were outdated by quite a bit. I clicked update, and lost nearly 6 hours of my life battling a crashed PC. Finally managed to get to the latest version of AMD. and well, you know, the mods better grass+signs crash the game.

Like I said this is a brand new PC, so there is no older version to fall back on. The game used to work on my i3 slowpoke machine with integrated Intel graphics with 6 fps average. That is no indicator for me on what worked and what did not wit that config, versus advanced config now!

Based on my driver update experience of last 6 hours, I am definitely not doing a staggered roll back to figure out which driver release is compatible with those mods. I hope you will understand that. :)
If you or others have any other suggestion, please let me know.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Free advice 1: never buy from that dealer again because they clearly don't know what they're doing. Installing any drivers/software that comes bundled with any kind of hardware is a big no-no.
Free advice 2: never buy AMD cards because, after all these years, their drivers still suck. Ignore the good experiences people describe, you are an example of a bad one.
Feel free to ignore, follow or disagree with the free advice at your leisure.

To try to solve your problem try downloading 2 things manually. Depending on your connection and server load, it shouldn't take 6 hours to download. I just tried and it took me a little under 30 seconds to get both files.
1. The latest available driver version. For AMD cards you can find drivers here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
2. AMD Clean Uninstall Utility http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Run the Uninstall Utility first, then reboot.
Then install the new driver.

You can also download older driver versions from the AMD support site. When you have selected the driver for your OS, it's on the right side. Something called: Previous Drivers and Software.

Here are some direct links:
Current drivers for Windows 7 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64
Current drivers for Windows 8.1 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 8.1 - 64

Older drivers for Windows 7 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 7 - 64
Older drivers for Windows 8 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 8 - 64

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
*snip*
Here are some direct links:
Current drivers for Windows 7 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64
Current drivers for Windows 8.1 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 8.1 - 64

Older drivers for Windows 7 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 7 - 64
Older drivers for Windows 8 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 8 - 64

On looking at that older release list (win8.1 64 bit), I was actually only one release behind on my PC: My dealer installed release was "13.12V10 from 18/12/2013" Not too shabby after all. :-D
Although, the dealer actually felt very guilty when I called him about my situation, when I got stuck between the uninstall and reinstall phase. He actually sent one of his support guys over to my place to help me resolve it. He had thought the drivers "would be completely up to date" on the DVD. He did not think of checking online first. Profusely apologised and partly redeemed himself with that gesture of sending someone for helping me resolve it.
As to not buying AMD cards, too late. It's done already. :) I'll remember this experience for the next purchase (6 years from now?)
Yes, I did go through those links to begin with. Ironically, the AMD catalyst software gave me the links and helpfully suggested the complete uninstall utility too. After uninstall and reboot, the screen went garbled completely and I could not get the low-res video to work, nor could I manage to get the old drivers reinstalled... It was this restart, safe-mode, debug, rinse, repeat drill that ruined the six hours for us. :) We eventually rolled back to a restore point, and installed the latest drivers to get it going.

Well, now I can see that the most recent version, and the one before have not helped with the mod. How many versions further back should I attempt to roll back? I feel now that having outdated drivers by more than two releases is not an optimal solution to getting some mod to work for me.

This time, I went through the crash log, asnd saw this line:
Code:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: poersch/minecraft/util/keyhandler/IKeyReleasedCallback
and
Code:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCircularityError: poersch/minecraft/core/IClassPatcher
at poersch.minecraft.core.ClassPatcher.transform(ClassPatcher.java:48)

Searched with those in the net, and this error was previously reported by other users to him, and the modder poersch was having a discussion in MCF with another modder over this error cropping up on his mod! So, technically speaking, there is something amiss with his mod.
As mod pack dev, I assume you were in touch with the mod dev over permissions and such? Could you be kind enough to let him know of this problem with his mod too? I asm asking this from you, since I assume you'll have a direct channel of communication with the guy.

Cheers for the help though, man.