[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Maybe there was a previous 1.1.3 build. I just downloaded the current 1.1.3 beta1 zip from the CL website and confirmed ChickenChunks is included.
Weird. CustomChestLoot and RockDigger were both missing as well. I opened up the CrashLanding113Beta1.zip file that I used to create my install, looked through the mods list, and saw that those were missing from my actual install. I have no idea what happened to them![DOUBLEPOST=1414620442][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some people have suggested that if you chunk load the area around your base this will not happen. I haven't had much luck myself, I still suffocate 3 out of 4 times. I installed Aroma Backup into my CL instance as a workaround for the bug.
I just had the suffocation thing happen, but I was quick on the /gamemode command. I cheated in a couple of spot loaders, but then built a chickenchunk loader legit. I'll let you know if it never happens again.

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I've been watching some Let's Plays, and some players are still unaware that tools will not gain mining speed from leveling until you replace a part of the tool.

Swap the tool rod of the shovel to a stick, and then add a bone tool rod to it again. That is cheap and doubles the mining speed of your shovel :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I've been watching some Let's Plays, and some players are still unaware that tools will not gain mining speed from leveling until you replace a part of the tool.

Swap the tool rod of the shovel to a stick, and then add a bone tool rod to it again. That is cheap and doubles the mining speed of your shovel :)
Wow, I never new that. Thanks.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running through water bottles (version 1.1.2.1) really fast and I'm usually at 37-38°, so I want to redo my area now. I know that machines and lava heat up the place but is there also a way to cool it down again? Furthermore, what exactly makes me hot if I'm outside of the ship? Is it the dust and/or the sand? So is it better to replace the dust on the floor with something else or can I just build a roof and seperate rooms for the machines and the smeltery and I'll be fine?
The sun makes you hot. Standing in water cools you down a little, and once you have diamond armor it's actually hotter inside than outside. Also, lava has a really large heat radius, and don't forget furnaces and torches produce heat too. 37+ degrees is actually entirely normal for daytime, as cooling from sweating/drinking water cannot drop you below 37. Dumb question, but you do know a camel pack is 2.5 times more efficient than drinking the water straight out of the bottle?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is it normal for a Harvester to chop 4 huge jungle trees like this? I haven't installed any radius upgrades, and it just murdered all four of them (resulting in roughly 18 stacks of leaves and vines and many stacks of wood).

gFTGv12.png

In other news, I think my save file just got corrupted by the Workbench thing, I was using it to fill my camel backpacks...

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the biome itself causes the base heat levels. A long time ago, it was generated from the dust blocks themselves, so people would build sky-bases and suffer from hypothermia at night due to lack of heat. I don't think this applies anymore though. If water comsumption is your concern, the easier solution is to work on getting a solid, automated water production system so you don't worry so much about your water consumption.

Here's how I deal with water production:
-Early game solutions are to put silky on an iron-or-higher hatchet. Combine this with the Vacuous enchant and leaf collection couldn't be easier.
-Then, an automated treefarm can produce so much water, it's no longer a limited resource. Combine this with some kind of auto filling mechanism and an armor stand for the camel packs, and this just becomes a joke to replace your empty camel pack.
-Late game, you can then utilize the Pneumaticraft Advanced Inventory Relay (I think that's the name of it) to remotely replace an empty camel pack on your back, completely automating the entire process.
Oh, that sucks then. Now I have to make an ungly cube out of my house to keep out the heat, "yay".
I usually keep around half a barrel of water, the only annoying thing is cutting down the leaves since I'm still lacking the materials to make an automated tree farm (damn machine frames...). So the longer I can keep the temperature around 36-37°, the better. ;)

The sun makes you hot. Standing in water cools you down a little, and once you have diamond armor it's actually hotter inside than outside. Also, lava has a really large heat radius, and don't forget furnaces and torches produce heat too. 37+ degrees is actually entirely normal for daytime, as cooling from sweating/drinking water cannot drop you below 37. Dumb question, but you do know a camel pack is 2.5 times more efficient than drinking the water straight out of the bottle?
Oh, good to know, then I'll just make diamond armor, thanks. Is there maybe a chestplate that lets you combine armor and the camel pack (and yes, I only use camel packs except for the cold water bottles I get as rewards)?

I'm currently experiencing a weird bug: My heart canister suddenly vanished. I still see the yellow heart and it also always regens but the heart canister doesn't show up in the slot anymore. I'll try and spawn in another canister later, so maybe they stack and I can then get rid of the second one again but if that doesn't work: Is there a better fix for it?

Last edited:

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal for a Harvester to chop 4 huge jungle trees like this? I haven't installed any radius upgrades, and it just murdered all four of them (resulting in roughly 18 stacks of leaves and vines and many stacks of wood).

gFTGv12.png

In other news, I think my save file just got corrupted by the Workbench thing, I was using it to fill my camel backpacks...
Ya Basically what happens is that the Harvester considers that trees to be the same tree if their leaves or wood are touching/close together.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, good to know, then I'll just make diamond armor, thanks. Is there maybe a chestplate that lets you combine armor and the camel pack (and yes, I only use camel packs except for the cold water bottles I get as rewards)?
Unfortunately, there isn't. On the plus side, diamond cools you enough that in full armor your temperature stabilizes at exactly 37, so the water consumption is relatively small.

How far along are you anyway?

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, there isn't. On the plus side, diamond cools you enough that in full armor your temperature stabilizes at exactly 37, so the water consumption is relatively small.

How far along are you anyway?
Damn. Too bad sprinklers can't keep you cool or hydrate you. How good is candleberry-leather-armor compared to diamond?
I have 2 autonomous activators sieving (1 for cobble, 1 for gravel + dust) and I'm working on getting all the TE and MFR machines at the moment, plus the planter and harvester but I also have to prepare for my first trip to the city to finally get a full smeltery going. So water itself and diamonds aren't really a problem, it just takes some work/time.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I have 2 autonomous activators sieving (1 for cobble, 1 for gravel + dust) and I'm working on getting all the TE and MFR machines at the moment, plus the planter and harvester but I also have to prepare for my first trip to the city to finally get a full smeltery going. So water itself and diamonds aren't really a problem, it just takes some work/time.
IMO, the first 6 machines should all be Autonomous Activators. Three making gravel, two making sand, and one making dust. Sift it and re-stock the hammers with Steve's Factory Manager. That way you're getting a steady supply of redstone, glowstone, gunpowder, bonemeal, diamonds, emeralds, lapis, and of course all the ores. I also smash ore gravel and ore sand with another AA so that everything is converted into dust for more efficient storage (and more efficient High Oven smelting).

My set up is programmed to sift each type only if there is 70 of it, and to make it if there is less than 80. That way, if I want a stack of sand or dust or gravel, I can just steal it from the chest. I have another sifter that does soul sand or dirt if either of those are present in the chest. So if I want some nether quartz or ghast tears, I yoink a stack of sand, throw it in my soul sand maker, and then come back later and move the soul sand back into the sifting chest.

Oh, if you have a basic minimal smeltery, you can make it bigger by pouring molten seared stone onto cobblestone in a casting basin, and set up a feedback loop that melts the seared cobblestone. Is there another way to melt seared stone? If so, you don't even need the smeltery. Magma crucible? Ex Nihilo crucible? Not sure if either of those work.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently experiencing a weird bug: My heart canister suddenly vanished. I still see the yellow heart and it also always regens but the heart canister doesn't show up in the slot anymore. I'll try and spawn in another canister later, so maybe they stack and I can then get rid of the second one again but if that doesn't work: Is there a better fix for it?
Did you use a sync clone? Is it possible the heart is in the other clone? I've always wondered about that.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Have you tried clicking on the inventory slot of the canister? Sometimes items become invisible until you click on them.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Something in this pack randomly deletes items. Happens when you die and are resurrected via Sync or do a restore from AromaBackup or restart your world after a CtD. I've lost Heart Canisters/Levers/TiCo Tools/Safari Nets [filled]/etc. Randomly happens. Only solution that works is mentally keeping track of what's in your inventory and checking after death/restart.

Most recent experience was a CtD-restart via TiCo Tool clicking on a Tesseract. Deleted cow-filled Safari Net.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
IMO, the first 6 machines should all be Autonomous Activators. Three making gravel, two making sand, and one making dust. Sift it and re-stock the hammers with Steve's Factory Manager. That way you're getting a steady supply of redstone, glowstone, gunpowder, bonemeal, diamonds, emeralds, lapis, and of course all the ores. I also smash ore gravel and ore sand with another AA so that everything is converted into dust for more efficient storage (and more efficient High Oven smelting).
Thanks for the tips, I'm not at a point where I can automate everything yet but I'm sure, they'll be useful later.

Did you use a sync clone? Is it possible the heart is in the other clone? I've always wondered about that.
Yes, I have one set up but it was never necessary to use it before I lost the canister.

Have you tried clicking on the inventory slot of the canister? Sometimes items become invisible until you click on them.
Yes, I know and I did. I managed to get another canister from the city but it just went into the slot (didn't look like they stacked) and I also didn't regen more than the single, yellow heart with it, so I'll just give myself another one now. Btw, this isn't the first pack, heart canisters went missing in, I also lost 5 in "Running Red" at one point and had to spawn in new ones. The only difference was that I didn't regen all the yellow hearts when I got hurt but in "Crash Landing" I do.

Something in this pack randomly deletes items. Happens when you die and are resurrected via Sync or do a restore from AromaBackup or restart your world after a CtD. I've lost Heart Canisters/Levers/TiCo Tools/Safari Nets [filled]/etc. Randomly happens. Only solution that works is mentally keeping track of what's in your inventory and checking after death/restart.

Most recent experience was a CtD-restart via TiCo Tool clicking on a Tesseract. Deleted cow-filled Safari Net.
Yes, Tinkers and/or the pack seem to be kinda buggy - I did experience another bug today:
I died in the city and spawned in the blocks under the shell constructor (even though I have a chunk loader+creative power cell set up but I'm not sure if it's even working), so I loaded an old save and suddenly everything in my knapsack was gone. I then had to load the other save again and switch into creative to not die of suffocation. Later I loaded another old savegame from about 5 minutes ago and then my knapsack suddenly was completely gone. Not only that the contents of the knapsack don't get saved in a grave, they also seem to be stored in an extra file, not in the usual "saves"-folder, so pay attention, everyone when you're loading an old save while you have a knapsack equipped.

Edit:
I now have a treefarm set up but I'm having troubles with piping the sludge out. I'm using a fluiduct (with an activated lever, of course) that is connected to the left side of the harvester and an Extra Utilities drum but it doesn't pipe anything into the drum. Any guesses what the problem here could be? Isn't it possible to pipe sludge out from the sides or does the combination of fluiducts and drums simply not work?

Edit 2:
Nevermind, you can only pump into the drums from the top. *facepalm*

Last edited:

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
Are more quests on the way? I'm out of stuff to do, except stuff like fill my ae drives with 64k storage our build a giant reactor.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Are more quests on the way? I'm out of stuff to do, except stuff like fill my ae drives with 64k storage our build a giant reactor.
Ok first off sry things have been stalled for so long on CL Iskandar has had some problems that im not going into thats up to him to discuss he does talk about it a little on his twitter @Iskan_Dar . However we have been talking about me taking on a bigger role to help with CL and to be honest CL1 is about done maybe 1 or 2 vers left but we do have some ideas about the end game and a few more quest. Id like to have at least have one more quest line to focus just on the end game and telling the story of the planet. So yes there will be more quest comming up hope to not be too long from now.
Then it will be time to look at CL2 on 1.7 lots of new mods and some great updates to some old favs. and we have learned a lot from CL1 so CL2 will be huge so please be patient we havnt forgotten about CL or its wonderful fans it may just take a little time to get moving again.

Reactions: toyimp and MissLid

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
for endgame quests, I'd like to see some of the route AgSkies took with "make all the machines!" and "COLLECT CRAPTONS OF STUFF!".

Resources for the Hoarding - Submit vast amounts of various items
  1. Never Go Hungry: requires large amounts of 10-15 'feast' type meals. This has the benefit of players exploring new foods they normally wouldn't make
  2. Iron Man: requires large amounts of the 9 'basic' metals in block form.
  3. Jewel Thief: requires large amounts of gems (Diamonds, Emeralds, Lapis, Redstone, Quartz, etc).
  4. Soaking Wet: requires large amounts of various liquids such as cryotheum, resonant ender, etc
  5. Compacted: Requires at least one of each top-tier compressed block(dirt, sand, gravel, cobble)
  6. Farmer's Life: Requires large amounts of various passive-mob drops(leather, steak, porkchops, wool, etc)
  7. Alien Flesh: Requires large amounts of various mob drops(zombie flesh, blaze rods, enderpearls, etc)
Automate the Automated - Craft various machine blocks
  1. Items to Energy: Craft all placable Applied Energistics machines
  2. Into the Fire: Craft all placable Thermal Expansion machines
  3. Start Again: Craft all placable Minecraft Reloaded machines
  4. Pressurized Power: Craft all placable PnuematicCraft machines
A Whole New World- Craft various 'for looks' blocks
  1. Library: Craft blocks/items from BiblioCraft
  2. Sculptor: Requires the submission of various Chisel(mod) blocks
  3. Tinker Decor: Requires the submision of various TiCo's Chisel blocks.
Escape to No Where - Enter various dimensions
  1. Land of the Damned: Enable the Nether(as a void world) and have the player travel there
  2. Through the End: Enable the End(via ender cake, as a void world) and have the player travel there
  3. To the Night: Enable the Deepdark(Extra Utilities?) and have the player travel there
Turn Ons - Submit various forms of power fuels
  1. Burned Out: Requires large amounts of coal and charcoal
  2. Chemistry: Requires large amounts of various potions
  3. Radio Active: Requires a large amount of Yellorium, Cyanite and Bluroium
  4. I have the POW-WAH: Requires a LARGE amount of RF's(not sure if HQM supports this)

Last edited:

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
If you are gonna have to "collect craptons of stuff", I'd like there to be a reason for it. I've seen people suggest rebuilding the ship our building a new one which sounds good. I dont know if it's possible, but it'd be awesome if you actually saw the ship getting built like one piece at a time.