[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any cows yet and I'm not really short on water bottles, since I'm at a point were I can make pretty much invinite ones if I invest the time to shear leaves. But I'm currently using about 6-8 per day and that's definately too much, so I want to change the area to lower the temperature as much as possible.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a 'hot' room with all your smeltery/machines grouped together there. Then have a pool of water in that room and a suit of metal armor - like iron on a stand there. Go to this area only at night. Go stand in the water for a while with the armor on - you will get hypothermia. Go running around all the hot stuff now as much as you like and get back to normal temperature. No extra consumption of water needed. :p Note - it's not really a solution but it does work.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys, Think i fixed the issues from last video. I locked in at 30 fps and i am rendering at HD 1080p setting. It cause the videos to be 3 times as large but they look much better to me. Just fixed the ship in the back, expanded the farm and prepare the spot for the mod slaying spot. when I'm done they should be pulled from all around the wall to the front and which i will have damage and collection at. this will also allow me to build a mod platform later if needed and drop them into the same spot. Another episode Thurs and Friday.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I saw someone pages ago mention they're using TiCo Weapons in an AA. Is the repair automated? If so, how?

My experience is with an electric Scythe and I've found only an AE system can reliably recharge them [I'd rather not use AE if possible]. Filtered ducts fail at recharging unless the weapon hits the exact damage value you set the filter with. My hope is SFM can fill this need [haven't tried it yet].

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I saw someone pages ago mention they're using TiCo Weapons in an AA. Is the repair automated? If so, how?

My experience is with an electric Scythe and I've found only an AE system can reliably recharge them [I'd rather not use AE if possible]. Filtered ducts fail at recharging unless the weapon hits the exact damage value you set the filter with. My hope is SFM can fill this need [haven't tried it yet].

Or just outfit the tool with reinforced X.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019

With SFM use fuzzy detection

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
With SFM use fuzzy detection
Won't that pull it out regardless of data values, i.e. pull it out still fully charged as soon as it's been put in?

What's the problem with SFM just looking for an exact item? Is it using the item twice in between trigger checks and skipping the exact value that you set it at? If so, you could try adding the item to the whitelist at a variety of different damage levels, i.e. get it low on damage, add it to the whitelist, use it once, add it again, use it again, add it again, etc. which should increase the chance that it has a matching damage value at the moment that the trigger checks it. Personally, I used Redstone Arsenal swords in my AA's. I've not built a wither skeleton skull farm though, I can see why TiCo would be attractive for that.

Or, just use a timer. Pull it out and recharge it every couple of minutes. With fuzzy detection, like SReject suggests.

Last edited:

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty much my plan for charging my weapons in my AAs, but I haven't got around to actually doing it yet. Honestly though, I only use them for beheading wither skeletons they don't run that much and rarely need charging.

But yeah, eventually I'll have SFM pull them when they are like 20% durability and pop them in the infuser.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Hoping there is a fix for this as i would hate for it to happen again.

I have been in the current world for about a week, had decent progress in crash landing, full diamond gear, most crops and could do pretty much what i wanted to do. I chose the easy route so i had the sync system up and going for a while. I went to the city last night died,loaded up a new sync core before i went back, i died again because i forgot to put the armor back on(NOOB!). The issue now was that the sync core spawned me in at Y26 so i suffocated to death and the world got deleted.Other then creating a back up every time i start up crash landing is there anything to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Some people have suggested that if you chunk load the area around your base this will not happen. I haven't had much luck myself, I still suffocate 3 out of 4 times. I installed Aroma Backup into my CL instance as a workaround for the bug.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
...the sync core spawned me in at Y26 so i suffocated to death and the world got deleted.Other then creating a back up every time i start up crash landing is there anything to make sure this doesn't happen again?
I've heard that going to a shell in an unloaded chunk can cause suffocation, and that you're supposed to chunkoload the shell storage. I think the old version of the map gave you two free spot loaders, but the new version doesn't include the ChickenChunks mod so I assumed that the problem was fixed.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Some people have suggested that if you chunk load the area around your base this will not happen. I haven't had much luck myself, I still suffocate 3 out of 4 times. I installed Aroma Backup into my CL instance as a workaround for the bug.

ill have to look into that mod, never heard of it before. I had the materials but not the power for a chunk loader, that mfr Chunkloader eats power:( . You would think he would have the ship area spawn chunk loaded because of sync.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
You think using cyrotheum as a light source lowers temperature?
No idea. Are there any blocks made out of that? Currently I only use glowstone nooks and roadlights and they don't seem to affect the temperature.
You could make a 'hot' room with all your smeltery/machines grouped together there. Then have a pool of water in that room and a suit of metal armor - like iron on a stand there. Go to this area only at night. Go stand in the water for a while with the armor on - you will get hypothermia. Go running around all the hot stuff now as much as you like and get back to normal temperature. No extra consumption of water needed. :p Note - it's not really a solution but it does work.
Yup, already made a room for all the machines, which lowered the tempreature by about 1° but the idea with the armor is really nice, thanks!

Does anyone also know how to lower the temperature outside, so what the exact heat source is and if it's enough to just replace the dust with stone or if I actually need a roof (plus even walls)?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that going to a shell in an unloaded chunk can cause suffocation, and that you're supposed to chunkoload the shell storage. I think the old version of the map gave you two free spot loaders, but the new version doesn't include the ChickenChunks mod so I assumed that the problem was fixed.

The new 1.1.3 beta gives you 2 free spotloaders, which are supposed to be used to spotload your sync shell.

The reason ChickenChunks is not in the game up til now is that sometimes, in very special circumstances, chunkloading can cause the chunk to become corrupted and get reset. This has already started happening to people playing the 1.1.3 beta. Personally, I have *NEVER* (knocks on wood) had a chunk reset and I've used ChickenChunk loaders on servers regularly since before 1.6.4.

I would personally recommend using Aroma Backup anyway. You never know what kind of foul bug will creep up on your and destroy your progress.

Does anyone also know how to lower the temperature outside, so what the exact heat source is and if it's enough to just replace the dust with stone or if I actually need a roof (plus even walls)?

I'm pretty sure the biome itself causes the base heat levels. A long time ago, it was generated from the dust blocks themselves, so people would build sky-bases and suffer from hypothermia at night due to lack of heat. I don't think this applies anymore though. If water comsumption is your concern, the easier solution is to work on getting a solid, automated water production system so you don't worry so much about your water consumption.

Here's how I deal with water production:
-Early game solutions are to put silky on an iron-or-higher hatchet. Combine this with the Vacuous enchant and leaf collection couldn't be easier.
-Then, an automated treefarm can produce so much water, it's no longer a limited resource. Combine this with some kind of auto filling mechanism and an armor stand for the camel packs, and this just becomes a joke to replace your empty camel pack.
-Late game, you can then utilize the Pneumaticraft Advanced Inventory Relay (I think that's the name of it) to remotely replace an empty camel pack on your back, completely automating the entire process.

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd. I wonder why my 1.1.3 install doesn't have the ChickenChunks mod. I guess that's why I thought it was a previous version that did this.

Maybe there was a previous 1.1.3 build. I just downloaded the current 1.1.3 beta1 zip from the CL website and confirmed ChickenChunks is included. I've been using ChickenChunks myself since cities were added. I use full chunkloaders and chunkload my entire base. I don't like my MFR machines and my TE ducts/conduits breaking when the chunks unload. Just not worth the hassle when the solution is to just plop down a chunkloader and be done.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
ill have to look into that mod, never heard of it before. I had the materials but not the power for a chunk loader, that mfr Chunkloader eats power:( . You would think he would have the ship area spawn chunk loaded because of sync.
I just type /gamemode 1, then give myself the creative energy cell and the MFR chunkloader, and stick them someplace either above or below my syncshell setup. They are currently on the underside of my hanglider tower at about 150, so I'm not tempted to patch into the creative power. (then /gamemode 0 to get out of creative).

I haven't had a suffocation issue since then, but ymmv. And yes, I take backups every time I play.