[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the tips i need it to bed ender friendly so the cobwebs will work and i just found that result for the slime blocks my self and you said you're not sure where i would get them the just happen to spawn in city chests.
If you got jungle trees/exotic seeds, you can bone meal them and sheer the vines. Depending on the usage, ender-mobs caught in cobwebs /may/ teleport out to un-stick themselves from the cobwebs

EpicWhiteWolf

Jul 29, 2019
If you got jungle trees/exotic seeds, you can bone meal them and sheer the vines. Depending on the usage, ender-mobs caught in cobwebs /may/ teleport out to un-stick themselves from the cobwebs

do vanilla endermen do that? because i have special mobs disabled.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
yea its 3x3 and i had already thought of vines and im testing the cobwebs and they aren't teleporting.
Of you could just drop them down on to some conveyor belts? They seem to get bounce then get stuck on them and they wont' die from a long fall - at least they didn't on Ag Skies, which I found by accident. Really wished they did, at the time.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
whats the best way to stop fall damage to mobs?
You can stop vines from growing by placing buttons above/below them...mobs will pass through them.

Given that you're fall area is 3x3, you can't cover the middle block with vines so here's another solution that may/may not work. Cloud in a bottle. I know of it's existence but not how it works in the world [whether it's persistent or not].

Edit: removed extra text

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Welp I just found a glitch for infinite steam... not sure how it could be exploited, but will post to the offical CL forums

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I cannot for the life of me find "awkward potion" to whitelist. The first conditional properly adds nether wart to the brewing stand when there are 3 water bottles in the brewing stand, thereby creating awkward potions. There is no option, though, for detecting awkward potions as a conditional.
I had exactly that problem. Some items just don't show up.

1. Get an Awkward Potion into your inventory
2. Put in ".inv" in the item search
3. The contents of your inventory will be displayed, where you can pick the Awkward Potion

Reactions: Albeleo

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@PhilHibbs That's because 'Awkward Potion' Is actually just a water bottle with some additional meta/NBT data. (SFM isn't very good at handling NBT data out of the 0-15 range)

To specify Awkward Potion within SFM
  1. Select 'water bottle',
  2. Right click the selected water bottle (to open the additional options, such as specifying the amount for example)
  3. Use the arrows to find "NBT Independant Detection"
  4. Input the "Damage Value" as 16
After, if you hover your mouse over the bottle icon it is displayed as Awkward Potion

Reactions: Albeleo

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is unrelated but I'm trying to make a personal modpack and I'm trying to find a spot where there is a good source of information on item names tile names and oredict names I've read the tutorial on how to use minetweaker but when I edit the recipes It's not changing them because it's the wrong title so what I'm asking is there a website that has all these things I'm trying to find or do I have to go diving into these complex java codes to find the names?

You can use NEI to dump out pretty much all this information in to a easy to read csv file

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
  2. etc.
Sure, I saw that suggestion, but ".inv" works for anything that SFM has this problem with, so I posted a generic solution. I wish SFM could show a list of the items that are in the selected target inventory, although that would only work for inputs and outputs and not for crafting grids, and it might be quite complicated with multiple targets and variables and suchlike.

Also, .inv is pretty good if you don't want to search and scroll through pages of items, for instance setting up something that whitelists all of the Broken Ores, Crushed Ores, etc., just dump your excess inventory into a chest, get one of each item you want to whitelist into your inventory, and then use .inv to give you a list of exactly what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andri92 and Albeleo

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
@PhilHibbs That's because 'Awkward Potion' Is actually just a water bottle with some additional meta/NBT data. (SFM isn't very good at handling NBT data out of the 0-15 range)

2. Right click the selected water bottle (to open the additional options, such as specifying the amount for example)
  3. Use the arrows to find "NBT Independant Detection"
  4. Input the "Damage Value" as 16
After, if you hover your mouse over the bottle icon it is displayed as Awkward Potion

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Sure, I saw that suggestion, but ".inv" works for anything that SFM has this problem with, so I posted a generic solution. I wish SFM could show a list of the items that are in the selected target inventory, although that would only work for inputs and outputs and not for crafting grids, and it might be quite complicated with multiple targets and variables and suchlike.

I'll keep this in mind if I have issues in the future. Thanks!

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Step one in mass expansion,

Make a 4x4 compression chamber. the higher volume allows for a larger amount of items that can be processed in one go

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Step one in mass expansion,
Make a 4x4 compression chamber. the higher volume allows for a larger amount of items that can be processed in one go
There is no limit to the amount of items you can process in a 3x3 chamber, but there is a limit to the amount of items that the interface will insert. If you put a Steve's Factory Manager Item Valve underneath the chamber and hook it up to an Inventory Controller and a couple of buttons for in and out, it can insert the items and extract them without opening the chamber walls and bypassing the capacity check. It's a little bit hugely cheaty, but it does the job.

The first version I built used a hopper, which I broke and moved to insert and extract when I wanted, that was the proof of concept, then I switched it over to a proper SFM control system. You could also use item ducts and levers to control the insert and extract, with the Item Valve being the only SFM block required.

Upgrading might still be worthwhile, though, as it increases the air capacity in the chamber and so the pressure will last longer.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
There is no limit to the amount of items you can process in a 3x3 chamber, but there is a limit to the amount of items that the interface will insert. If you put a Steve's Factory Manager Item Valve underneath the chamber and hook it up to an Inventory Controller and a couple of buttons for in and out, it can insert the items and extract them without opening the chamber walls and bypassing the capacity check. It's a little bit hugely cheaty, but it does the job.

The first version I built used a hopper, which I broke and moved to insert and extract when I wanted, that was the proof of concept, then I switched it over to a proper SFM control system. You could also use item ducts and levers to control the insert and extract, with the Item Valve being the only SFM block required.

Upgrading might still be worthwhile, though, as it increases the air capacity in the chamber and so the pressure will last longer.
Actually the increase input output capacity isn't the problem in so much as I'm processing upwards of 100 items in a go (rain seed > Blue Plactic>capacitor is two items I'm creating all the PCB stuff in a single go) so the wait in between recharging stuff is terribly long for me

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
:V

Step 2 in mass expansion is to Create 2 pulverisers feeding gravel into the sieving set up. the reason is that you want to get elemeralds and diamonds as fast as possible so that you can get armor for city exploration and Emeralds for PCB creation

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Actually the increase input output capacity isn't the problem in so much as I'm processing upwards of 100 items in a go (rain seed > Blue Plactic>capacitor is two items I'm creating all the PCB stuff in a single go) so the wait in between recharging stuff is terribly long for me
I usually make my capacitors and transistors in lots of 60. Any more than that and I get bored bonemealing seeds. I should have a go at automating that.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
... I was fairly sure you can have any cuboid with dimensions between 3 and 5.
Dunno why but I thought I read it in the quest book...something like 'later you can upgrade size to 5x5'.

And now for my ask:
Automating chambers via SFM. With SFM only pulling specified items from chambers [chamber IO blocks] am I still required to fill in the IO block filters? I've setup for batch processing, not single-item.

Edit: looks like the answer is...yup.

Last edited: