[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Aww. Can't use hammers from a block gate? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Setup has, as the idea, the same reasoning behind the super-fast sieve. 1-tick clock throwing the hammers at the cobble. But the same 1-tick clock is also operating the rapid item valve [collecting everything]. Returned hammers show no use.
Block gate must be placed in secondary output mode (right click on any other direction of hte gate) and must be directly next to the cobblestone or what have you.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to put a conditional like

If furnace top slot is empty, do Y
Have conditional look for things in top furnace slot, but act on false. Use 'If Any' and specify items to check for[DOUBLEPOST=1413443434][/DOUBLEPOST]
Block gate must be placed in secondary output mode (right click on any other direction of hte gate) and must be directly next to the cobblestone or what have you.
Tried this before I asked. I can see the hammers being output, but they're not being used.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Have conditional look for things in top furnace slot, but act on false. Use 'If Any' and specify items to check for[DOUBLEPOST=1413443434][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tried this before I asked. I can see the hammers being output, but they're not being used.
hmmm No idea how I can help

Also to your advice I forgot about that

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get the blockgate to use hammers either. Have tried:
  • Both modes having the block directly infront of the gate
  • Both modes having a gap between gate and block
  • Having the side that indicates "secondary mode" facing a block directly in front of the gate
  • Having the side that indicates "secondary mode" facing a block with a gap between block and gate

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Block gate right-clicks when you pipe something into it, or just breaks blocks instantly with no tools used. You can't get it to left-click with a tool.

Reactions: SReject

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Block gate right-clicks when you pipe something into it, or just breaks blocks instantly with no tools used. You can't get it to left-click with a tool.
That's what I thought, but figured I'd test just to be sure. Thanks for the feed back :)

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently switching from a large water trench around my base to a mob tower for essence/drops. Is the basic dark room with conveyors pointing to a drop shoot the best design for this?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently switching from a large water trench around my base to a mob tower for essence/drops. Is the basic dark room with conveyors pointing to a drop shoot the best design for this?
Fans fans more fans and fans.

I don't recall anything spawning on Conveyors so full room coverage is best done with fans.

Making a tiered dark room is also an option since bigger room = more spawns

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Fans fans more fans and fans.
I don't recall anything spawning on Conveyors so full room coverage is best done with fans.
MFR conveyors are a partial block like slabs and carpets and so prevent spawns. The other kind of conveyors - are they in the pack? - that are a whole block do allow spawns and so are suitable for a mob farm floor.
I'd like to thank all my fans for the lovely mob drops that they are sending me...

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, fans will require a bit of a design change from the room I have started. I think they only push 7 blocks, right? Not a big deal though.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
The Extra Utilies conveyers are supposed to allow spawning (or so I've heard, never tried myself), but the MFR ones will not. Fans are a great alternative though as they're inexpensive, you don't need many, and they're highly effective.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
The Extra Utilies conveyers are supposed to allow spawning (or so I've heard, never tried myself), but the MFR ones will not. Fans are a great alternative though as they're inexpensive, you don't need many, and they're highly effective.
they also work through blocks, so incase you thought you needed holes in your walls, you don't :). You can put the fans behind the walls.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Fans have a 7*3*2 Area of affect. since it can go through blocks it makes for ludicrously compact and efficient set ups

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Yes, that is exactly what you did. I've been getting a lot of that with this beta. I'll have to make an announcement with beta 2, apparently.
OK, so I guess I need to identify the chunk files that aren't present in the new template but are present in the old, and delete them from my world. And, I should delete the two portable strongboxes and leadstone capacitors and fluid transposers, that I never really used anyway.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I remembered someone setting up a sieving-design that used block gates to make gravel/sand/etc. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Sn3akr

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm just being stupid, but we tried to do a Lan server by just opening the game to LAN, but when my son joined i couldn't figure how to make it work, no matter what we tried, HMQ kept saying he wasn't allowed to use commands.

Are there any guides out there, or can someone tell us, how to do multiplayer in this mod on LAN?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I thought so, since left-clicking is an action that must be continuous over a period of time, but some people on this thread have specifically stated that you can do this with SFM - are they talking out of their blowholes?

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
WHEW Jackpot!

Found 5 reactor buildings in one city

Is there a tool to break reactor/turbine glass easily??

Last edited: