[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
*The man starts talking* I agree some new upgrades for PnC would be good and the assembly line really needs more uses also maybe pipes with their own slottable inventories for upgrades would be cool

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
How could you possibly get a bed on the first day?
Be fast (and lucky):
Grow oak tree
Break wood
Make crook
beat leaves that haven't decayed
Grow trees, break wood, crook leaves until you get a silk worm

Grow new tree
use silkworm on leaves
Use crook as soon as leaves mature

12 string gives you enough for 3 wool

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoff

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
one way i play is get a channel dug between the pyro and water and get a wood hammer up and then get a few extra logs at which point i hammer at least a stack of stone. By then night is falling so I plug up the door with dark glass and make 1-3 slab furnaces and a survivalist generator (if i had enough time). i then make my bone tools, sift a little if possible then its day.[DOUBLEPOST=1413403119][/DOUBLEPOST]that is when I feel like speed-running it but sometimes its a little harsh cause its sort of quadruple or nothing[DOUBLEPOST=1413403186][/DOUBLEPOST]of course I sometimes just dig a trench and no wall and have myself a little tree in front of my ship to keep farming for wood dirt and saplings

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
How could you possibly get a bed on the first day?

Like SReject said. It's a huge mixture of speed and luck(On the hard route). About 50% chance you can get one on day 0 on the hard route and a 100% chance on the easy route.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What thing exactly?
The original crashed ship from the old map. And there's the original city to the south of it, that suddenly cuts off with a bunch of half-generated towers just to the north of the new city. I double-checked and it's there in the template directory, if you open it in a map viewer like Unmined. I haven't checked if the pig spawner is under the dust though. I'm guessing it probably is.

*Edit* Or, have I messed up the upgrade and merged the 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 map data files? In which case, lol@me!

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The original crashed ship from the old map. And there's the original city to the south of it, that suddenly cuts off with a bunch of half-generated towers just to the north of the new city. I double-checked and it's there in the template directory, if you open it in a map viewer like Unmined. I haven't checked if the pig spawner is under the dust though. I'm guessing it probably is.

*Edit* Or, have I messed up the upgrade and merged the 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 map data files?

Yes, that is exactly what you did. I've been getting a lot of that with this beta. I'll have to make an announcement with beta 2, apparently.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Totally agree. The assembly line is epic.
It would be, if I could rotate the damn components of it. why should the drill/laser/IO be facing away from the assembly table/chest just because I wanted my setup on the other side of the room?

so frustrating...

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Q: Does the High Oven drain have the same SFM-interaction issue that the smeltery drain does?
iirc, yep.
never encountered it in my own playthrough because I actively avoided it, but I remember funshine had to work around it.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
SFM can read the inventory of an AA, right? I started over and I'm setting up SFM to make/sift gravel. This time round I'm trying with the AA placing cobble and a block gate throwing hammers [to see which is faster]. I'm trying to limit the amount of cobble in the AA to a stack/less, so I have a conditional read the AA for cobble and move only on false. But it's not working...

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
SFM can read the inventory of an AA, right? I started over and I'm setting up SFM to make/sift gravel. This time round I'm trying with the AA placing cobble and a block gate throwing hammers [to see which is faster]. I'm trying to limit the amount of cobble in the AA to a stack/less, so I have a conditional read the AA for cobble and move only on false. But it's not working...
Make sure, within the AA GUI, that you have a side set to blue and that's the side you are checking against

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked. Setup has conditional looking at same side cobble gets in from. Cobble gets in no-problemo but conditional fails :(

Instead of a conditional set the output to the AA as a whitelist of cobble. right click the selection, click "set amount" and set it to 64

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Aww. Can't use hammers from a block gate? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Setup has, as the idea, the same reasoning behind the super-fast sieve. 1-tick clock throwing the hammers at the cobble. But the same 1-tick clock is also operating the rapid item valve [collecting everything]. Returned hammers show no use.