[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, but I think I did something like /hqm edit
/hqm add lives

The /hqm help thing gives the list of commands.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, something strange happened, or it may be an unknow issue : I took the "Red hearth canister" at one of the early quest (dont remember the name of the quest) and when i putted it on the Tinker inventory the game crashed and my world get deleted. Why ?

Kochean

Jul 29, 2019
Typical only time I have "cheated" is if I build an expensive item I did not need and effectively "deconstruct" the item. I wish there were more mods that allowed deconstructing of blocks.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
After another day at the office CL, I think these are the major milestones for early game

1. Build a wall and trench
  2. Water Production
  3. Food production
  4. Smeltery,
  5. SFM auto siever
  6. High Oven.
    1. Wood Production.

The first three are neccasru to survive while the last three rapidly ramps up your ability to produce stuff, in particular the SFM auto siever is fast enough that I can make 27 blocks of Iron in one go.

Personaly for the High Oven, I'm fueling it with Charcoal from a 2x2 Jungle tree going into 9 Furnaces. Planning to auto the thing with SFM.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Personaly for the High Oven, I'm fueling it with Charcoal from a 2x2 Jungle tree going into 9 Furnaces. Planning to auto the thing with SFM.
Set that tree farm to sheer leaves, run the leaves into multiple fluid transposers. Get more water than you'll need, and produces saplings which eliminates the need for a 2nd farm. (Took me 8 FTs to produce enough saplings to keep the tree farm continuously running)

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Set that tree farm to sheer leaves, run the leaves into multiple fluid transposers. Get more water than you'll need, and produces saplings which eliminates the need for a 2nd farm. (Took me 8 FTs to produce enough saplings to keep the tree farm continuously running)
:V I'm doing it with lumber Axe since I have no source of power yet.

That said I love me some Barrels, and Item ducts for the High Oven

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I'd put 5 before 4, but I'm scared of cities! With an auto sieve, you can go in wearing full diamond armour.
The funny thing was that I was spamming aroma backup and despite that I actually got through the city without dying.

Actually come to think of it most of my in game death came from trying to get the dagger to work properly in an actual game enviroment.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I suppose the only reason to be wary of people wanting to play CL in non-hardcore mode is, in threads like this you see builds and think, "wow, that was done in a hardcore pack, I'm impressed, I wish I could achieve that in a hard pack like this", but they might not have been in hardcore mode.

In the name of full disclosure, my previous posts are mostly referring to a non-hardcore world using an alternative starting map, but now I'm playing hardcore legit. Took me 6 tries to get past the first few days and set up a perimiter. Just been to the new little city twice, setting up my smeltery now, got a SFM sifter doing gravel and dust (dust is supplied manually at the mo).

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'm setting up the High oven now and Getting my lumber jack to start making Charcoal by the block. Also setting up an SFM contraption to do it for me.

:v I love SFM so much right now

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'm setting up the High oven now and Getting my lumber jack to start making Charcoal by the block. Also setting up an SFM contraption to do it for me.

:v I love SFM so much right now

SFM + Aerial interface

Best sh** ever :)

The only thing i like from PC

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
SFM + Aerial interface

Best sh** ever :)

The only thing i like from PC
I like the concept behind PneCr, but I feel its lacking in infustructure tech. I mean, The only 'upgrades' are tubing, or increasing the size of your pressure chamber. The assembly line has little usage other than upgrading your pipping system and etching PCBs.

I'd like to see little more progression in the tech:
Upgraded versions of the pressure chamber IO ports to where less/no air is lost.
Tech that either moves away from or helps with farming those annoying seeds. Such as a status chamber, requiring air pressure and seeds: slowly grows then harvests the seeds.
More uses for the assembly line. I love the animation and the look of it, just wish it had more of a use.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
I like the concept behind PneCr, but I feel its lacking in infustructure tech. I mean, The only 'upgrades' are tubing, or increasing the size of your pressure chamber. The assembly line has little usage other than upgrading your pipping system and etching PCBs.

Upgraded versions of the pressure chamber IO ports to where less/no air is lost.
Tech that either moves away from or helps with farming those annoying seeds. Such as a status chamber, requiring air pressure and seeds: slowly grows then harvests the seeds.
More uses for the assembly line. I love the animation and the look of it, just wish it had more of a use.

Automating seeds with sfm is not that hard tbh.

Its just mehhh how much grind it takes to get the prc cards in the early game :(

Yeah i agree with upgraded versions, because right now the only stuff i use the pressure chamber is to make PCBS, transistors and capacitors. Other plastics are pretty meehhh too.

It just feels lacking, at the start i thought that PC would be something magical with the amount of seeds there were. Thinking that there were multiple uses for each and every one of them. But it appears that they are just there to be there.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, Someone Like me! I could go on for HOURS about people who gripe about Cheating/Glitching/Exporting/, or things are OP! I'm with you :) Its your game, play it how you want to play. I will just leave it there.lol before I get started. Happy gaming.

Even though I could care less, I still gripe about the cheating/glitching/exploiting stuff though so :p Happy gaming to you.[DOUBLEPOST=1413397878][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll agree that trenches are a bit overhyped, but you need at least a 2 high wall to prevent mobs from crowding outside your door.

Well, Pakratt and Anesos are doing without either so maybe not necessary but it would make things less resource depleting in the beginning if you had the trench and wall.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019

I somehow share that feeling (although one could add the machine upgrades to the list). And, at the same time, there still is tons of stuff I didn't play with (drones army, pneumatic doors, elevators).
While I would like to have "better" IO ports, I think that losing pressure is fine and I like the idea of having to keep providing some power to run PC stuff, it helps balancing things. If you remove the fact that you lose pressure with interfaces, then the charging station becomes the only way to lose air and you could use the rest without more power. I don't like it.
This won't apply to crash landing but in the latest version of PC, you can now craft plastic plant specific thingies for Forestry Multifarms to farm your seeds. But I agree that having a solution for seed farming within PC would be great.
Totally agree. The assembly line is epic.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
While I would like to have "better" IO ports, I think that losing pressure is fine and I like the idea of having to keep providing some power to run PC stuff, it helps balancing things. If you remove the fact that you lose pressure with interfaces, then the charging station becomes the only way to lose air and you could use the rest without more power. I don't like it.
The pressure lose of the IO wasn't nessicarily something I wanted, but rather an example of how upgraded tech could be applied.

With that said, instead of upgrading parts of the pressure chamber, I'd like the see the assembly line get some use. Where it, in and of itself, is an upgrade to the pressure chamber. That is, instead of putting seeds, iron and redstone into a chest hooked up to the pressure chamber with a hopper/itemduct, I'd like to see the assembly line by able to make those transistors/capcacitors