[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Why? Because yes, I have Luck and Looting on scythe.
Luck and Silky are mutually exclusive...either/or, not both. I thought you wanted Silky on that Scythe?

What gear do you recommend for city raiding? I have jetpack and glider, pneumohelmet, invar boots and leggins. Should I switch to diamond or something? I have enough diamonds to make full set.

I'm in 3/4 Diamond and I'm still getting raped constantly. Diamond helps keep you cool [important around Blaze!]. Pigmen are my bane ATM. And I tried disabling Vampires [specialzombiepigmen] but I'm still seeing them [I'm still in 1.1.2].

upgrades to sewers allow you to use one sewer to cover a large area. as long as you don't kill mobs or breed them in that pen, you won't get any experience to clog up the sewers.

also, if you set the te fluiduct to filter only on sewage, the exp will get trapped in sewers. dunno what happens when that fills tho.
If you're setup to have sewers collect XP orbs and you add horizontal range upgrade, you're limited to a single sewer for that horizontal range and it slows down the sewer even further. XP orbs accumulate on the ground and can cause random lag until they despawn. And you still need to filter for essence 'cause hostile mobs somehow generate sewage [eww]? This is why I recommend'd multiple sewers with only vertical range upgrade [if needed] if setting up for sewer->essence.

If setting up as a sewage producer, then single sewer with applicable upgrade is the way to go.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
What are the coords for the city with the power plants

I'm pretty sure that aside from maybe two cities that are pregenerated in the map (the one to the south and the one to the north-east) all of the cities are randomly generated.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If you're setup to have sewers collect XP orbs and you add horizontal range upgrade, you're limited to a single sewer for that horizontal range and it slows down the sewer even further. XP orbs accumulate on the ground and can cause random lag until they despawn. And you still need to filter for essence 'cause hostile mobs somehow generate sewage [eww]? This is why I recommend'd multiple sewers with only vertical range upgrade [if needed] if setting up for sewer->essence.

If setting up as a sewage producer, then single sewer with applicable upgrade is the way to go.
what are you talking about vertical or horizontal? there's only range upgrades. period. and it doesn't slow down in the least. I've made largest upgrade possible and stuck it under a huge pen and it worked just fine. there's no power and no bar showing work/idle, thus it just collects.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Go watch FunshineX's early videos. You'll see him talking about how the Minecraft Skin server thing is down cause he keeps showing up as Steve. This is the bug we're talking about. It doesn't seem to be an issue for everyone, nor does everyone have the bug happen under the same circumstances (aka, same version, etc), but the "not hosting" thing ALWAYS works to fix it.
I know about this bug. It stopped happening to me a long time ago.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
As for dynamos: They never stop running. Dynamos communicate with the network and as power is not needed they throttle down to 4 RF/t consuming 1/20th their maximum fuel consumption rate.
They don't "communicate with the network". They just slow down when their buffer gets full. Similarly, the machines run slower and consume less per tick when their buffer isn't full.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
They don't "communicate with the network". They just slow down when their buffer gets full. Similarly, the machines run slower and consume less per tick when their buffer isn't full.

Sorry was thinking TE2. Nearly a moot point though. End result is the same.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Where you able to get Mob Spawn Controls to work? I couldn't get version 1 to stop the bats and v2 just crashed my client.

Hey, I finally got v1 to work. Used biome control, "disabled" bat for Dust whatever biome it is called and set the overall ambient mob cap to 1. Saved the config, reloaded, bats aren't spawning now.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
dungeon master was an awesome game. you tho, are a cheater.
it's not cheating when you still have to grind the levels, especially when you increase the exp curve a bit (making it take longer for each level gained).

Not a clue? You wouldn't really need it anymore since you can make the autoenchanter and autoanvil.
welp, more stuff to experiment with.

Because trenches are cheating.
if trenches are cheating, walling yourself in at night is also cheating.

related note: darkrooms are an exploit, and therefore cheating.

sidenote: minecraft is a sandbox game, therefore cheating technically can't exist.

Reactions: Rearden and Genshou

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I finally got v1 to work. Used biome control, "disabled" bat for Dust whatever biome it is called and set the overall ambient mob cap to 1. Saved the config, reloaded, bats aren't spawning now.
Cool, glad you got it working. I filled in my underground room and enlarged my auto-spawner room with EU conveyors pushing the mobs toward the kill zone. I don't really need an increase in mob drops, the trench seems to deliver enough.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
what are you talking about vertical or horizontal? there's only range upgrades. period. and it doesn't slow down in the least. I've made largest upgrade possible and stuck it under a huge pen and it worked just fine. there's no power and no bar showing work/idle, thus it just collects.

For sewage, yeah...it works as it should. Not shove one under/next to an automated XP farm. Without upgrades it'll clog in no time. With upgrades it'll clog even faster.

As for the upgrades, I stand corrected. I remembered [incorrectly] Lapis as increasing vertical range without changing horizontal. Checked and now I know better.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Glad we're on the same page!
we really aren't though, as i don't consider walls nor trenches as cheating. for that matter i don't consider darkrooms cheating, but i also don't use them myself cause i prefer actually fighting mobs, rather than just grabbing an infinite supply from a random chest.