[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Yep, mob grinder is definitely a must. Especially if you plan to mass produce plastic. And I have only three spider eyes from hunting wild mobs.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hey Pixel
Try increasing the RAM allocation, for FTB packs 4gb is usually recommended.
Okay, will do, but if that doesnt work... What should i do?

PS: it only lets me bump it up to 2.75gb :/

2 GB is normally enough. However this is not an issue of not having enough ram allocated.

@PixelSpark What version of java do you have installed?

Deleting and reinstalling the pack may also help.

Reactions: Getalifegamer

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
i'm really not seeing the benefit of the mob grinder. everything you guys mention i have in spades from my trench, obvious exception being enderthings. i can easily just get all that from the enderman spawners in the cities, no need for a grinder.

Getalifegamer

Jul 29, 2019
i'm really not seeing the benefit of the mob grinder. everything you guys mention i have in spades from my trench, obvious exception being enderthings but that i can get from the enderman spawners in the cities.

Yup you can :) it's your game, play it your way :) With me, if I have to create it for the quest, may as well use it :) especially useful when it comes to spawn animal eggs etc.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not yet. Scythe leveling in process. Looks like it does not level from leaves destroying. On the other hand, it's a really good tool for killing funneled mobs.
It's amazing.
On a side note, I think all TiCo tier 2 weapons average out to the same damage - it just depends on how you like to dish it out.
Cleaver: Straight up shoot tonnes of damage. Also beheads. That's kind of it. :p
Battle Axe: Haven't tested, but I would guess it does less damage by default. Use right click - instant huge damage boost. Average damage probably the same as others.
Scythe: Actually does not very much damage, but if you have a large group of enemies in one spot (3 or more) the total damage goes through the roof.
Hammer: Haven't ever used this for combat, but I would imagine it does loads of damage to undead, and a little less to others.
There are other weapons, I think, but I'm too lazy to remember them. :D

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
It's amazing.
On a side note, I think all TiCo tier 2 weapons average out to the same damage - it just depends on how you like to dish it out.
Cleaver: Straight up shoot tonnes of damage. Also beheads. That's kind of it. :p
Battle Axe: Haven't tested, but I would guess it does less damage by default. Use right click - instant huge damage boost. Average damage probably the same as others.
Scythe: Actually does not very much damage, but if you have a large group of enemies in one spot (3 or more) the total damage goes through the roof.
Hammer: Haven't ever used this for combat, but I would imagine it does loads of damage to undead, and a little less to others.
There are other weapons, I think, but I'm too lazy to remember them. :D
Agreed, I really like my scythe. Only wish cactus could be used for the rods so I could've put jagged on it and maxed before putting flux on it.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
i'm really not seeing the benefit of the mob grinder. everything you guys mention i have in spades from my trench, obvious exception being enderthings. i can easily just get all that from the enderman spawners in the cities, no need for a grinder.
As mentioned already, there is a whole quest line where you have to turn in tons of buckets of mob essence.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to prevent bats from spawning anywhere in the game while not directly affecting the spawn rates of anything else in the game? Evidently I've gone too deep outside my base and now it seems like half the mobs are bats simply because they pile up after awhile.

Edit: trying Mob Spawn Controls mod.
Where you able to get Mob Spawn Controls to work? I couldn't get version 1 to stop the bats and v2 just crashed my client.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Yup you can. it's your game, play it your way. With me, if I have to create it for the quest, may as well use it. especially useful when it comes to spawn animal eggs etc.
you mention this quest, i'm assuming it's for the grinder block?

As mentioned already, there is a whole quest line where you have to turn in tons of buckets of mob essence.
the wiki doesn't have a page for mob essence, but from what i gather on the essence page, you can create it with sewage. i'm guessing it's not as efficient, and that's why people use the grinder method instead.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Not yet. Scythe leveling in process. Looks like it does not level from leaves destroying. On the other hand, it's a really good tool for killing funneled mobs.

Just pray to whatever gods you have that your 1st random isn't Luck :(

Also: Finally went out exploring. There appears to be a very good-sized city to the NW of the ship...past a NetherBrick (NB) Temple. Many, many strange NB structures on the outskirts of this city. Flew around in creative and found a BigReactor building [it's evident what it is when you find one]. Couldn't resist having a peek inside [Dear Sweet Lord... :eek:]. No wonder Reactors are end-game!

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
you mention this quest, i'm assuming it's for the grinder block?

the wiki doesn't have a page for mob essence, but from what i gather on the essence page, you can create it with sewage. i'm guessing it's not as efficient, and that's why people use the grinder method instead.

The Sewer block converts XP orbs into Mob Essence [325/350mb?] at a greater rate than the Grinder[100/150mb?]...but they're slow. In the past I've used many sewers without any horizontal range upgrades to compensate. You'll also need to filter as the Sewer also produces sewage and will clog pipes. You can setup a system using a MobSpawner/AA combo with many sewers to produce an excess of Essence.

Aside: There's a method of using AAs, Essence Berry Bushes and Sewers to produce oceans of XP and Essence...but this relies on artifically increasing tick rate [for berry growth]. I'm unsure [doubtful] if MFR's Fertilizer will perform this function and I don't know of another method [automate-able] in this pack.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
What gear do you recommend for city raiding? I have jetpack and glider, pneumohelmet, invar boots and leggins. Should I switch to diamond or something? I have enough diamonds to make full set.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

A mob trap -> grinder setup is far faster and more efficient than a trench -> grinder as well as more reliable ender pearls which are a great power source for those that don't like BR as well as a more reliable mob essence & gunpowder combo. A mob trap also makes for a more efficient setup than say a flat enclosed area with multiple grinders resource wise. Ultimately it's up to the player though.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
The Sewer block converts XP orbs into Mob Essence [325/350mb?] at a greater rate than the Grinder[100/150mb?]...but they're slow. In the past I've used many sewers without any horizontal range upgrades to compensate. You'll also need to filter as the Sewer also produces sewage and will clog pipes. You can setup a system using a MobSpawner/AA combo with many sewers to produce an excess of Essence.

Aside: There's a method of using AAs, Essence Berry Bushes and Sewers to produce oceans of XP and Essence...but this relies on artifically increasing tick rate [for berry growth]. I'm unsure [doubtful] if MFR's Fertilizer will perform this function and I don't know of another method [automate-able] in this pack.
interesting. the normal setup i see for sewer farms is a bunch of cows on a 5x5 grid of sewers, with a 5x5 grid of fluiducts under the sewers. you mention the multiple fluid outputs, so how does this function without getting backed up? from my understanding, fluiducts can only handle a single fluid type in each pipe at a given time.

A mob trap -> grinder setup is far faster and more efficient than a trench -> grinder as well as more reliable ender pearls which are a great power source for those that don't like BR as well as a more reliable mob essence & gunpowder combo. A mob trap also makes for a more efficient setup than say a flat enclosed area with multiple grinders resource wise. Ultimately it's up to the player though.
i don't even grind the trench, i go manually clear it every morning with the trusty needlegun and backup TiCon weapon. how does grinder exp compare to manual exp?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
why not have both? *obligatory girl pic wth that meme is*

I have a trench which I expanded to 3 wide, and later put conveyers all around the area dropping them off at one spot where I have one grinder and it gave me all the essence/gunpowder I could hope for. expanded out, made a dedicated cursed earth 4xgrinder internally 26x26 room that handles the 24x7 death and destruction and gets me more essence / gunpowder, and between the two, I have more than enough to fill my dynamos 20 fold.

Usually I ended up making about 4-5 small grinder rooms (plain dark rooms, upgraded to cursed earth when I could), but now I don't need that.

Do all the TE dynamos stop accepting essence/gunpowder when their power storage is full? I've been manually stopping the supply of essence and let my row of energy cells get to half then kick it back on cause I didn't want to waste essence, but I've got so much now I guess I'll see for myself...