[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Where you able to get Mob Spawn Controls to work? I couldn't get version 1 to stop the bats and v2 just crashed my client.

I couldn't get v1 to work and didn't bother with v2. I just put up with hordes of bats escaping from my dark room.

Oh, and on the subject of the value of a mob grinder I don't see why there is any question. A single grinder+4 reactants can power most people's early-mid game base while also providing all the drops you need.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
interesting. the normal setup i see for sewer farms is a bunch of cows on a 5x5 grid of sewers, with a 5x5 grid of fluiducts under the sewers. you mention the multiple fluid outputs, so how does this function without getting backed up? from my understanding, fluiducts can only handle a single fluid type in each pipe at a given time.

i don't even grind the trench, i go manually clear it every morning with the trusty needlegun and backup TiCon weapon. how does grinder exp compare to manual exp?
upgrades to sewers allow you to use one sewer to cover a large area. as long as you don't kill mobs or breed them in that pen, you won't get any experience to clog up the sewers.

also, if you set the te fluiduct to filter only on sewage, the exp will get trapped in sewers. dunno what happens when that fills tho.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't get v1 to work and didn't bother with v2. I just put up with hordes of bats escaping from my dark room.
Meh, Wonder why they don't spawn like that if I build the spawner room up in the air? Do bats not spawn above a certain y?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
am i the only one who customizes TiCon levels? i set it up so my tools can level up to 99, and use custom level names based on the good ol' dungeon master games.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
i don't even grind the trench, i go manually clear it every morning with the trusty needlegun and backup TiCon weapon. how does grinder exp compare to manual exp?

Not a clue? You wouldn't really need it anymore since you can make the autoenchanter and autoanvil.

why not have both? *obligatory girl pic wth that meme is*

I have a trench which I expanded to 3 wide, and later put conveyers all around the area dropping them off at one spot where I have one grinder and it gave me all the essence/gunpowder I could hope for. expanded out, made a dedicated cursed earth 4xgrinder internally 26x26 room that handles the 24x7 death and destruction and gets me more essence / gunpowder, and between the two, I have more than enough to fill my dynamos 20 fold.

Usually I ended up making about 4-5 small grinder rooms (plain dark rooms, upgraded to cursed earth when I could), but now I don't need that.

Do all the TE dynamos stop accepting essence/gunpowder when their power storage is full? I've been manually stopping the supply of essence and let my row of energy cells get to half then kick it back on cause I didn't want to waste essence, but I've got so much now I guess I'll see for myself...

Because trenches are cheating :p

Seriously though a mob trap to a single grinder makes the resources spend toward making the trench to grinder more effective wasted. I built a gravity trap for my mob trap so no conveyors/water/anything to make the mobs fall in and as a result all mobs that spawn go to that grinder. It also makes it super easy to get rare mobs like the cursed enderman for glistering melons.

Relying on the trench also forces you to rely on night unless you cover the top of the trench in which case it just becomes a crappy mob trap. With a mob trap you can skip every night and get a higher output overall anyway.

The flat cursed earth has the advantage of more quickly disposing of mobs allowing for faster spawning and allows for any mob(Spiders/ghasts). Disadvantage is obviously the needed resource input and infrastructure involved.

As for dynamos: They never stop running. Dynamos communicate with the network and as power is not needed they throttle down to 4 RF/t consuming 1/20th their maximum fuel consumption rate.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
How do you guys safely raid the city those giant zombie pigmen are crazy

What gear do you recommend for city raiding? I have jetpack and glider, pneumohelmet, invar boots and leggins. Should I switch to diamond or something? I have enough diamonds to make full set.

I've actually written a guide book to city exploration. You can find it here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/crash-landing-help-venting-and-discussion.50255/

It covers everything from recommended basic gear to what to expect from each building you might find!

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! another quick question. When i open inventory the search box has a yellow outline, how do i remove that? (it darkens everything when i search for stuff)