[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, I need to fiddle with it more, but so far my performance in Phoenixcraft is slighlty worse than urban performance in crash landing.

Playable, but I really like CL, in that I can get far better performance by simply spending time away from urban areas and keeping my builds somewhat simple.

That said fastcraft and the JVM arguments do make a considerable difference. Those on marginal systems looking to move to 1.7 should seriously consider them.
yeah, don't get me wrong. I don't prefer 1.7 in any way. If the modders hadn't moved away from 1.6.4 like it was a leper singing show tunes, doing ballet, while balancing dick cheney and clint eastwood shooting at each other in both hands, I wouldn't even play it.

The crew behind Phoenixcraft did a very very good job putting together a stable, diverse, and visually pleasing pack. There's no HQM, so it's open ended, so it's a good pack to just explore and make big strobe light, seizure inducing builds with AE2, etc.. Signs of things to come. I still think that when the AE2 controller kicks in, you should hear trance music in the distance. :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, don't get me wrong. I don't prefer 1.7 in any way. If the modders hadn't moved away from 1.6.4 like it was a leper singing show tunes, doing ballet, while balancing dick cheney and clint eastwood shooting at each other in both hands, I wouldn't even play it.

The crew behind Phoenixcraft did a very very good job putting together a stable, diverse, and visually pleasing pack. There's no HQM, so it's open ended, so it's a good pack to just explore and make big strobe light, seizure inducing builds with AE2, etc.. Signs of things to come. I still think that when the AE2 controller kicks in, you should hear trance music in the distance. :)
One thing I like about this little experiment is that it suggests that once CL is updated to the 1.7 build I should at least have some hope for a playable pack without a new system. There are obviously more factors to be taken into consideration, but I am more hopeful than I was last night.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
iskandar will have to add fastcraft to his pack to ensure compatibility, and remove it before distribution. one more thing for him to have to do when he's making the pack... although the benefits certainly outweigh the cost, at least for those who need it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
One thing I like about this little experiment is that it suggests that once CL is updated to the 1.7 build I should at least have some hope for a playable pack without a new system. There are obviously more factors to be taken into consideration, but I am more hopeful than I was last night.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. A counterbalance to my own argument that it's not completely unplayable. When unstable got released, I was so so so bummed since I was really looking forward to playing 1.7. I played vanilla MC 1.7.2 when it got released and made a nice little base on the beach, was doing vanilla type things, 1-2 hours later, my floor disappeared and things went to negative FPS (I could feel my life draining from my body). then ctd. reload, world gone. wha? restored from backup, same thing. turns out it was mipmapping. had to turn it off completely. it still was vanilla and I never saw a baby zombie riding a chicken which was the ONLY thing I knew was different. heh

then came unstable. couldn't even walk cause of lag. it was beyond terrible and every update after was the same. very very disappointed. that is what drew me to the conclusion that 1.7 was a piece of crap.

Phoenix pack, fastcraft. these two things have made me realize it's potential. I played beevo mini pack and it was ok but it was real sluggish tho I never got around to adding fastcraft to it. Phoenix pack tho? Even without fastcraft, the twilight forest was the only place that lagged me to death. The nether and the rest was OK. not great, but OK. I think, that if I'm running the same game, even tho they are different major revisions of difference, I shouldn't get that much worse performance no matter what. The PC platform has plateaued for many years. We should not be in this situation without some very serious engine optimizations not being implemented. That's why I feel better now that I've played phoenix pack, to know that under certain situations, even without optimizations done by microjang$oft, it's still somewhat achievable.

Ping me if you have any questions about pack. I dove in and got a ton of info stuck in my head, but it's only near storage, so it's only useful for the next week or whenever my alzheimers kicks in nancy. nancy? fred. fred definately.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. A counterbalance to my own argument that it's not completely unplayable. When unstable got released, I was so so so bummed since I was really looking forward to playing 1.7. I played vanilla MC 1.7.2 when it got released and made a nice little base on the beach, was doing vanilla type things, 1-2 hours later, my floor disappeared and things went to negative FPS (I could feel my life draining from my body). then ctd. reload, world gone. wha? restored from backup, same thing. turns out it was mipmapping. had to turn it off completely. it still was vanilla and I never saw a baby zombie riding a chicken which was the ONLY thing I knew was different. heh

then came unstable. couldn't even walk cause of lag. it was beyond terrible and every update after was the same. very very disappointed. that is what drew me to the conclusion that 1.7 was a piece of crap.

Phoenix pack, fastcraft. these two things have made me realize it's potential. I played beevo mini pack and it was ok but it was real sluggish tho I never got around to adding fastcraft to it. Phoenix pack tho? Even without fastcraft, the twilight forest was the only place that lagged me to death. The nether and the rest was OK. not great, but OK. I think, that if I'm running the same game, even tho they are different major revisions of difference, I shouldn't get that much worse performance no matter what. The PC platform has plateaued for many years. We should not be in this situation without some very serious engine optimizations not being implemented. That's why I feel better now that I've played phoenix pack, to know that under certain situations, even without optimizations done by microjang$oft, it's still somewhat achievable.

Ping me if you have any questions about pack. I dove in and got a ton of info stuck in my head, but it's only near storage, so it's only useful for the next week or whenever my alzheimers kicks in nancy. nancy? fred. fred definately.
Btw, we're working on removing the BTN flora from the Twilight Forest, and I'm working on other ways to optimize it. So the Twilight problems should be fixed, unless you're talking about the book/movie. Those problems will never be fixed.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Btw, we're working on removing the BTN flora from the Twilight Forest, and I'm working on other ways to optimize it. So the Twilight problems should be fixed, unless you're talking about the book/movie. Those problems will never be fixed.
book/movie?

Is Santa being played by tommy lee jones?
Trajing? Tom Cruise?
You? Glenn Quagmire? Giggity?

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

Not to derail the thread, but if you're someone who works on Twilight Forest, I just wana say thanks. I bloody love that mod. :D If a modpack has Twilight Forest in it, my first diamond every game goes to getting myself a portal there.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Why am I not getting any seeds when using MFR Harvester on non-vanilla plants(soybeans, cabbage, tomato etc.)?
Is it by design or is my client corrupted again?

Whilst playing AgS had no problems [mostly] getting the Harvester to collect these crops and seeds. The problems I did have stemmed from an incorrect use of ducts. Unknown if this is still the same in CL as I've yet to build a Harvester. :(
Also, some of Pam's crops don't need to be replanted [you'll have to experiment to find which as I've lost my list again]. :mad:

Non vanilla harvested crops can be turned into seed in any crafting grid.
Not all...Bamboo Shoots spring to mind, although they can be directly planted. :p

And I forgot why I came here...
Built a drowning trap with a 2-wide entrance [so Spiders can play too] and a 3-wide ceiling. Somewhat ineffective [not everyone drowns and most try like hell to swim out]. And then I noticed signs in the collection overflow. Mini-creeps broke my trap! Unsure how I'm gonna fix this.

Edit: Also figured out a way to turn useless Dry Rubber Leaves into something useful [requires you have some sheared Rubber Leaves]. Bookend the Rubber Leaves [green] with the Dry Rubber Leaves [brown]. Now use a Silky TiCo Scythe to shear the Rubber Leaves [make sure cursor is on the green leaves]. Now you can reliably get water from Rubber trees. Dunno how useful it is or if it could even be automated. And, oddly enough, when you place them, they stay green but name-change to 'Dry Rubber Leaves'.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just watched the DW20 EP9 of CL. someone help me please. my brain is completely refusing to recollect why around the 18 minute mark and later on, DW starts doing a quick hahaha laugh that reminds me of a cartoon character but I can't for the life of me remember which one. it's very familiar too and it's killing me.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Chisel is addictive. It has forced my survivors to trade with the scavs for armored bricks so that they could build a dust wall to preserve the oasis.
sQbZmCj.jpg

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of let's plays, I was watching someone. Why do so many people insist on eating one piece of food from one type of food at a time. You can eat 6 breads in one shot. You don't have to eat 1 bread, then 1 toast, then 1 spider soup, then 1 apple juice, then 1 fruit salad, then 1 zombie jerky etc. He had bread at "not eaten recently" and still ate all that random stuff wasting time. Wasn't role playing or anything either.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Ozoingo2

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i cant get the pack working it keeps crashing b4 it starts up help

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3072
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Sep 13, 2014 8:18:02 AM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

craftxbox

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i cant get the pack working it keeps crashing b4 it starts up help

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 3072
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Forgemodloader/ forgemodloadertweaker is missing where are you downloading the pack

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched the DW20 EP9 of CL. someone help me please. my brain is completely refusing to recollect why around the 18 minute mark and later on, DW starts doing a quick hahaha laugh that reminds me of a cartoon character but I can't for the life of me remember which one. it's very familiar too and it's killing me.

Peter Griffin, from Family Guy. That's what I immediately thought of anyway.

Kezarious

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you're actually spawning at the real spawn point instead of the ship spawn point for some reason? Think someone had a similar problem a long while back, can't quite remember what they did though:(

Yeah it's possible. No idea why. Does anyone around here know how we can fix this?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of let's plays, I was watching someone. Why do so many people insist on eating one piece of food from one type of food at a time. You can eat 6 breads in one shot. You don't have to eat 1 bread, then 1 toast, then 1 spider soup, then 1 apple juice, then 1 fruit salad, then 1 zombie jerky etc. He had bread at "not eaten recently" and still ate all that random stuff wasting time. Wasn't role playing or anything either.
autism, probably a little OCD too. doesn't matter if it's 'efficient' or not, it's just how the brain makes a person do a thing. assuming i'm understanding the mod's mechanic correctly, then he's min/maxing the stats because of it, so in this case it's actually helping him.