[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new world today to try my newly learned skills on the hard route, also keeping a log of the daily routines since i cant record modded stuff (dang crap rig :( ), might upload that some were at some point as posting it on the forums is going to be rather tricky.

On the matter of the ships log, i started a little blog page here, feel free to read it if you are a reader.
I'm going to try and keep updating that on a regular basis true out my hard line play true with mob griefing enabled. With the previous update it seem rather doable to play with griefing on, as long as you plug the fuel hole and play like a scared little b..... The update might be more frequent at the start, as there is more micro management to log, hoping that will slow down a tag bit later on as i get some stuff sorted.

Any ways so far its not to bad, expected it to be a lot harder tbh, then again im only in it for a evening so far and 3 minecraft days. Sync stuff is still a long ways away, and thus super hardcore untill i get my hands on good a water solution and some ancient spores ;)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
it's always made me curious about the actual mechanic that is causing the suffocation. like, is it just you falling out of the world into the void, or what? haven't left my base's area yet (keep dying to my own stupidity before i'm ready to), so no idea what it looks like to sync-respawn when the shell's chunk isn't loaded.
The facts we came up with that night led us to the theory that only when the area your sync shell lies isn't chunk loaded at the time of need, it can't finish the sync process and you end up somewhere in between. Purgatory if you will. It then does the same mechanic when going to another dimension. You start going down further and further while the area loads, then when the sync shell is loaded, instead of being sent to that, you are materialized wherever you may be. thus suffocation. You end up dying about 20-30 blocks below your base on average. Immediately below your sync shell.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
The facts we came up with that night led us to the theory that only when the area your sync shell lies isn't chunk loaded at the time of need, it can't finish the sync process and you end up somewhere in between. Purgatory if you will. It then does the same mechanic when going to another dimension. You start going down further and further while the area loads, then when the sync shell is loaded, instead of being sent to that, you are materialized wherever you may be. thus suffocation. You end up dying about 20-30 blocks below your base on average. Immediately below your sync shell.
have you tried digging a large room below your sync shell, then running far away and suiciding, to see if you end up in that room? could be an interesting experiment if not.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried digging a large room below your sync shell, then running far away and suiciding, to see if you end up in that room? could be an interesting experiment if not.
I've tried similiar experiments many times and have never been able to reliable re create the issue. The one time I did re-create it my toon was actually suffocating chunks away from my sync base. I'm not sure an open space beneath the cell is necessarily a reliable way to save your toon.

I do tend to suspend my cells in the air with significant space beneath them, but I think the best defense against this bug is a chunk loader.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried similiar experiments many times and have never been able to reliable re create the issue. The one time I did re-create it my toon was actually suffocating chunks away from my sync base. I'm not sure an open space beneath the cell is necessarily a reliable way to save your toon. I do tend to suspend my cells in the air with significant space beneath them, but I think the best defense against this bug is a chunk loader.
now i'm just more curious about it...

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
yes. you're stuck in that void like in between place where view is skewed, etc.. there's no recovering from it except to teleport somewhere and logout / login and roll RNG to see if your world will ctd again and delete itself.

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
Couple questions.

1. My crucible fell in lava how can I get more clay?
2. Barrel + water + dust = clay block. How do I make that useful?
3. Preferred method of water get (multiple choice YAY!)
a. Leaves in a barrel = dirt = dirty water + smelting = water
b. Leaves in a crucible
c. Leaves in a transposer
d. Saplings in a transposer
4. Preferred early game food supply?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I've tried similiar experiments many times and have never been able to reliable re create the issue. The one time I did re-create it my toon was actually suffocating chunks away from my sync base. I'm not sure an open space beneath the cell is necessarily a reliable way to save your toon.

I do tend to suspend my cells in the air with significant space beneath them, but I think the best defense against this bug is a chunk loader.
Why was I summoned for this? :p

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
what can i use instead "red alloy wire" i want to set a lot of bridges so i can close them with one lever...

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to make seared bricks without going to a city?
It's extremely tedious but yes. I don't know if this still works in 1.1.2.1 but throwing stones (like those you get from sifting or from using a hammer on certain kinds of stone blocks) into a crucible (from ex nihilo) will get you liquid seared stone. seeing as how its like 1 mb of seared stone from a single stone, you'd need 144 stones for just a single brick/seared stone block.

Honestly if you take your time with getting to the city and make liberal use of the minimap to find the smeltery buildings you should be fine. Hang-glider, maybe some invar armor, don't get into fights etc.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Couple questions.

b. Leaves in a crucible
1. make more clay
2. place the block then dig it to get 4 clay
3. A, early to mid game...... B, late game
4. Real early...... worms.....

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Mob griefing is supposed to be off, right? o_O
2014-09-12_21.08.36.png

Any ideas how this happened?

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Couple questions.

b. Leaves in a crucible

1. you answered your own question ......
2. Have you tried punching the clay block ? you should get clay drops from it that way you just cant make grout with it.
3. A is the cheapest id say but also the most hassle, i tend to prefer leaves in a transpose once i get power going until then A is the best choice in terms of resources and power management.
4. Zombie flesh Zombie flesh and more Zombie flesh, easy to get easy to process and good enough untill you get that rice seed from the quest book.

But 3/4 are both a matter of opinion though, there are several options that work good enough to get going if you not on the hard route. Snow seems to be the route to success though for late game, if you have the power\water to spare that is. (Gacial -> transposer = 500mb per snow bal)

looks like it's time to setup a vanilla cauldron~

All you need is a gamemode change or recipe for that :p

Is there anyway to make seared bricks without going to a city?

Make a smooth stone generator, setup you crucible above lava or burning netherrack (or the pyro if you still have it). Hammer the smooth stone to get the stone rubble and throw those into the crucible, use and ingot cast to get the molten seared stone into ingot form. Takes quite a while but still a solid method if you don't want to sieve your dirt for the rubble.

Mob griefing is supposed to be off, right? o_O
2014-09-12_21.08.36.png

Any ideas how this happened?

Only in newly created worlds, seems the included saved game dint get a update ;)

Last edited: