[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
I think ill set up my base in the deep dark[DOUBLEPOST=1410564930][/DOUBLEPOST]Also MC 2 is going to be a disc game not a software

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
autism, probably a little OCD too. doesn't matter if it's 'efficient' or not, it's just how the brain makes a person do a thing. assuming i'm understanding the mod's mechanic correctly, then he's min/maxing the stats because of it, so in this case it's actually helping him.
It doesn't help to do it that way. It's still easier to just eat one food type until diminishing returns kick in. You can eat morsels 9 times before they lose nutritional value, 7 times for snacks, and 6 times for lower tier light meals, 5 times for higher tier light meals, and 5 times for meals. Even if you don't want to keep track of all that, you can still eat 5 of everything I listed above before switching food type. It is more efficient cause otherwise you're mixing high nutritional foods with low.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't help to do it that way. It's still easier to just eat one food type until diminishing returns kick in. You can eat morsels 9 times before they lose nutritional value, 7 times for snacks, and 6 times for lower tier light meals, 5 times for higher tier light meals, and 5 times for meals. Even if you don't want to keep track of all that, you can still eat 5 of everything I listed above before switching food type. It is more efficient cause otherwise you're mixing high nutritional foods with low.
that food mod completely butchers the saturation system, so 'efficiency' is honestly a moot point regardless. that being said, the way he's doing it allows for a ton of wiggle room if something unexpected happens, like if a creeper blows up your farm and food storage. now instead of potentially being stuck with just a couple different foods you just maxed yourself on, you have the flexibility of being able to subsist temporarily on any food while you rebuild.

It's been added, but like other recent additions it's only in the 1.7.10 version.
all the more reason to upgrade the pack to mc1.7

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe they are role-playing, but more subtly? That's how I eat in CL. Making 4 stacks of 5 foods means the meals aren't fresh by the time you get to them. How laaaaaaaame.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Peter Griffin, from Family Guy. That's what I immediately thought of anyway.
YES! I kept thinking quaggmire but YES Oh god YES. ROFL. Saw a pic of him, so my vision isn't ruined horribly of hello, this is peter direwolf and welcome to HE HE HE. *rofl* :) Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1410566179][/DOUBLEPOST]
autism, probably a little OCD too. doesn't matter if it's 'efficient' or not, it's just how the brain makes a person do a thing. assuming i'm understanding the mod's mechanic correctly, then he's min/maxing the stats because of it, so in this case it's actually helping him.
ahhh, so that explains it.

Reactions: DragonDai

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
I know how it works, and it doesn't stop me. Isn't making a dining room silly in Minecraft? But I bet you've done it. Bathhouse? Yeah, I seldom have a world without a grand one.

Machine rooms is where the hype is at man, who needs a food room /giggle
On the other hand with the temp system in CL a fridge might be a welcome thought ><

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I know how it works, and it doesn't stop me. Isn't making a dining room silly in Minecraft? But I bet you've done it. Bathhouse? Yeah, I seldom have a world without a grand one.
Role playing doesn't bother me but the guys I've watched were definitely not role playing.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually seen other people do it too, on BnB as well. Guess they just don't know how spice of life works.

BnB is a bit different in that it is actual items instead of hunger bars when counting. Rotating items in that one resets the counter faster as long as you have 4+ items to reset.

And sure, you can eat 4 before switching but if you just automatically step between 4+ items in inventory you don't have to remember/check how many of a given item you've eaten recently.

Deadalready

Jul 29, 2019
I died to some sort of glitch... got killed by a zombie pigman then awaiting a respawn at my shell suffocated in a wall...
A similar thing happened when I tried making a nether portal, died 12 times from falling out the world then another glitch I think.

Really not cool.

I'm loving this modpack but absolutely HATE the pnematic craft portion, every single portion of it seems to revolve around making things painfully slow. Being force fed that portion of the questing system isn't fun at all.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I died to some sort of glitch... got killed by a zombie pigman then awaiting a respawn at my shell suffocated in a wall...
A similar thing happened when I tried making a nether portal, died 12 times from falling out the world then another glitch I think.

Really not cool.

I'm loving this modpack but absolutely HATE the pnematic craft portion, every single portion of it seems to revolve around making things painfully slow. Being force fed that portion of the questing system isn't fun at all.
read my sig

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The Nether and the End are voids in this pack, nothing in them. Go to either and you will fall out of the world unless you have some form of flight. Working as intended, I believe.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
read my sig
it's always made me curious about the actual mechanic that is causing the suffocation. like, is it just you falling out of the world into the void, or what? haven't left my base's area yet (keep dying to my own stupidity before i'm ready to), so no idea what it looks like to sync-respawn when the shell's chunk isn't loaded.

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
The Nether and the End are voids in this pack, nothing in them. Go to either and you will fall out of the world unless you have some form of flight. Working as intended, I believe.
Nether, you spawn on a platform of obsidian. I can't comment as to the end, as I have seen no need to go, and likely won't, since I can farm endermen easily enough XD