[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new world today to try my newly learned skills on the hard route, also keeping a log of the daily routines since i cant record modded stuff (dang crap rig :( ), might upload that some were at some point as posting it on the forums is going to be rather tricky.

I noticed that even though i used the new update/world save file mob grieving wasn't off by default .... any one else having that issue or does it only count for newly generated worlds ??

Last edited:

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new world today to try my newly learned skills on the hard route, also keeping a log of the daily routines since i cant record modded stuff (dang crap rig :( ), might upload that some were at some point as posting it on the forums is going to be rather tricky.

I noticed that even though i used the new update/world save file mob grieving wasn't off by default .... any one else having that issue or does it only count for newly generated worlds ??
It said somewhere that the mobgriefing stuff would only work for newly made worlds. Old ones still have to type it.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
taking into consideration the extremely cheap crafting cost for the item variety (especially considering value it provides), this seems rather... unneeded.
bvzl0.jpg

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I missed some drama while I was at work. I'm not sad it's over before I knew it had happened.

For those talking about Mekanism's 5x ore processing, bear in mind that's designed to work on ore blocks. You know, the ones that spawn during worldgen? We kinda don't have those ^_^;

Well, not with the Deep Dark disabled now, anyway. I think I understand 3 specific reasons @Iskandar did that. There might be exploits I don't know about, though.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
taking into consideration the extremely cheap crafting cost for the item variety (especially considering value it provides), this seems rather... unneeded.
bvzl0.jpg
It provides infinite drinkable water, much like the aqueous accumulator.
2014-09-11_21.43.35.png

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
For those talking about Mekanism's 5x ore processing, bear in mind that's designed to work on ore blocks. You know, the ones that spawn during worldgen? We kinda don't have those ^_^

I'd be willing to bet it'd work with oredictionaried "ores" just like everything else.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Enough. This is not the place for this.

Everyone take a damn chill pill and if you still wanna argue do it in PMs.
damn. what did I miss? :(
Okay, found the link for FastCraft: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820

Gana give it a try, I'll update this thread when I do. I know it's not terribly important to CL at the moment, considering CL's still 1.6.4, but it could be important for the future of CL, so yeah.
that's the one. stick with 1.6 first. there's a 1.9 but haven't tried it but I heard 1.7 / 1.8 are buggy.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Hi can anyone help me? I am unable to complete "tools of the trade" quest. I have a stone hammer and a bone crook with plenty of inventory space o.0

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hi can anyone help me? I am unable to complete "tools of the trade" quest. I have a stone hammer and a bone crook with plenty of inventory space o.0
there is a 2nd part to that quest you need to click on the next quest part and complete it also.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be willing to bet it'd work with oredictionaried "ores" just like everything else.

For as far as i can tell you can forget about nether ores (unless you smelt some of them true another mod first), ore dust/gravel (not sure about tic worldgen gravel)/sand when you want 5x processing, then again i haven't looked at the config of it yet either. But thats what i noticed in most place i have played with mechanism. That being sad when mass producing 5x ore is the last thing you want to think about, id much rather do 4 or 3 time with super speed ;) Most oredict stuff is at 3x i think if any at all, some nether ores can be smelted and put true 4x process or even 5x if you really want, not sure about dust etc but i think it can only be smelted.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Lol, I think you were considered part of it.........
heh that's me. starting fires and running away like the 'offensive' person I am :) gotta love email alerts.

btw, same suggestion goes to you. Try out fastcraft on a 1.7.10 pack and see if it helps your FPS. It does a decent job on the worldgen lag which is mostly the lag you get from some mods. Also, look at SatanicSanta's sig. He's got a pastebin site link in there that has some good java params. I found it easier to load up the modpack in ftb, quit out, go into multimc and edit my params there so I don't have to do a global java param across the board for all packs. It works quite well. that way you can test things w/o interfering with your other packs, etc... I'd suggest the phoenix pack to play with first. The overworld is the most kind to lower end boxes since it uses skylands (which is pretty awesome btw). You gotta experience the thing to complain about the thing.

Reactions: DragonDai

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
btw, same suggestion goes to you. Try out fastcraft on a 1.7.10 pack and see if it helps your FPS.

THIS! Totally, 100% fixed my 1.7.10 issues. I grabbed the 1.9 version that's on the page there, been playing non-stop since my last post, exploring all over the bloody place, and yeah, not the tiniest hiccup of any kind. So thank you very very much DoomSquirter! :D And anyone else who's having the sort of issues I described in any version of Minecraft, I highly recommend FastCraft.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
THIS! Totally, 100% fixed my 1.7.10 issues. I grabbed the 1.9 version that's on the page there, been playing non-stop since my last post, exploring all over the bloody place, and yeah, not the tiniest hiccup of any kind. So thank you very very much DoomSquirter! :D And anyone else who's having the sort of issues I described in any version of Minecraft, I highly recommend FastCraft.

sigh, if only...
Redistribution is strictly prohibited, no exceptions.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019

This is a great mod, It works a treat on servers too as I have it on mine.

Sadly though you can't distribute it yet with your packs, Hopefully Player is happy with it soon and will allow it.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I don't think I like SFM. This mod is an interesting experiment, but configuring blocks behaviour using their own interface and routing using pipes is more intuitive than using SFM's unwieldy interface.

Maybe if it were possible to color code blocks it would be easier to program SFM...