[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

111bubba11

Jul 29, 2019
when i play my nei doesnt work? i i know its there because in the bottom left corner in my inventory it says options but there are no items on the right of the screen. pls help :)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It was answered a few times that the default key for the chunk overlay was changed to F6. Additionally nothing really needs to be added considering there is already a chunk loader in the pack. You using the chunk overlay you can use chests/tanks/energy cells to cross chunk boundaries. Tesseracts are also a good option.

Thanks for all those who pointed out F6.

I'm suggesting a chunk loader people will actually use [last time I checked MFR chunkloader consumed ender pearls to work]. As far as chunkloading and using itemducts/conduits to cross chunks...that's still a no-no. Items can/will get stuck in the duct and cause lag. Even energy conduits are suspect to this problem. I've seen this happen numerous times on AgS playthrough and I'm not the only one. Conduits/ducts are easy to make but very hard to make a chunkloader early/mid game.

Even without crossing chunks, if you have any automation setup with TE3 ducts/conduits and you leave the area [to go exploring in the city], your base gets unloaded and automation stops working/ducts get stuffed or confused/stop working even after you return. KingLemming has stated only way to fix this is to insure those chunks are always loaded.

Reactions: Bagman817

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all those who pointed out F6.

I'm suggesting a chunk loader people will actually use [last time I checked MFR chunkloader consumed ender pearls to work].

MFR chunkloader never used ender pearls. That is Railcraft's chunkloading fuel.

MFR uses RF/MJ and can be made more efficient with mob essence.

I added Immibis' Dimensional Anchors to the pack. Been my loader of choice for awhile now. It simply works. Place and forget. No chunk resets(yet, knock on wood).

Reactions: Bagman817

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
MFR chunkloader never used ender pearls. That is Railcraft's chunkloading fuel.

MFR uses RF/MJ and can be made more efficient with mob essence.

I added Immibis' Dimensional Anchors to the pack. Been my loader of choice for awhile now. It simply works. Place and forget. No chunk resets(yet, knock on wood).
This. Also, anchors are cheap. If they weren't, I'd have no problem cheating them in, either. You shouldn't need to craft an item (and you certainly shouldn't need to power it) to fix a broken game mechanic. It makes some sense to limit loaders on servers, but for SSP? Plop down as many as your machine can handle.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

The problem is specifically is that when a grid of some form of duct go across a chunk and one(As long as it's not all simultaneously unloaded) of the chunks it is within is unloaded while another is loaded. If you confine duct networks to single chunks and use chests/tanks/energy cells as buffers where the ducts would normally cross the chunk boundary there will be no issues because the ducts are confined to a single chunk.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
iskandar should just toss an 'always on' chunkloader at bedrock level, inside a bedrock box, directly below the starting ship. that way, there's never any problems with chunk unloading for people who play the 'normal' way. those that go the route of running directly to the cities (like seems to be the thing to do nowadays), don't need this because they will likely have access to chunkloaders by the time they move on from the first city.

FYI: hoeing with a mattock with a single use left deletes the mattock
can anyone confirm this?

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
iskandar should just toss an 'always on' chunkloader at bedrock level, inside a bedrock box, directly below the starting ship. that way, there's never any problems with chunk unloading for
can anyone confirm this?

Yes. It's happened to me and also I've seen it happen on Wyld's (Twitch streamer) stream.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is specifically is that when a grid of some form of duct go across a chunk and one(As long as it's not all simultaneously unloaded) of the chunks it is within is unloaded while another is loaded. If you confine duct networks to single chunks and use chests/tanks/energy cells as buffers where the ducts would normally cross the chunk boundary there will be no issues because the ducts are confined to a single chunk.

It isn't just ducts, though. Some MFR machines seem to fail on unload/reload of chunks too. Though I suppose that could be because of a stuffed output somewhere along the line, though the machines appear completely dead as the "heartbeat/work" bar doesn't move at all.

As far as ducts go it is kind of funny considering I switched away from Buildcraft transport to Thermal Expansion transport specifically because of how TE's just seemed to magically work across multiple chunks without issue in 1.4x/1.5x. 1.6 has seen me go back to BC in packs where I have the option. I've managed to corrupt a save in practically every 1.6.x pack I've played, thanks to Thermal Expansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971