[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to skip the quest where you need to go to the city? i don't like fighting mobs!(sorry for bad english)

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I just couldn't see the point in making an entire base at a city. When it is fully looted you need to move onto another city and all that work is gone.

I still haven't gotten through my first city...
Cities to me were kinda cool up until I got my first smeltery and high oven - then there was nothing to be gained by going there, and by that time I'd seen all the different buildings (except the reactor one, which is probably the only reason I'll be raiding a city again), so it was just a case of 'more of the same' after the first 3 or so buildings.

The general loot doesn't justify the risk to me, even though I have brutish zombies & vampire pigmen on, I still doubt the general loot will be enough to even bother with a second visit when they get turned off. And even the awesome rewards (smeltery, pc items, reactor) are fairly easy to find, and once you've found them once you have no reason to find them again, they become worthless in cities.

Is there any way to skip the quest where you need to go to the city? i don't like fighting mobs!(sorry for bad english)

cheat yourself in a smeltery, or enough seared bricks/grout to make one or just enough to finish the quest.

there's no legit way at the moment that I know of.

FuNisDanGerouS

Jul 29, 2019
I cant open the modpack, when i try to it crashes FTB-launcher. Here the forgemodloader file, which says no core mod found. I tried reinstalling the pack and there was no change

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 77

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Don't worry though you won't be fighting mobs anyway. You either avoid or run. Get in, get what you need, and get out.[DOUBLEPOST=1410085445][/DOUBLEPOST]
I cant open the modpack, when i try to it crashes FTB-launcher. Here the forgemodloader file, which says no core mod found. I tried reinstalling the pack and there was no change
Downgrade your Java version from 8 to 7. I had the same problem when I updated to 8. It would open the launcher, but when I went to open a modpack it would just close itself out.

Reactions: FuNisDanGerouS

FuNisDanGerouS

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Don't worry though you won't be fighting mobs anyway. You either avoid or run. Get in, get what you need, and get out.[DOUBLEPOST=1410085445][/DOUBLEPOST]
Downgrade your Java version from 8 to 7. I had the same problem when I updated to 8. It would open the launcher, but when I went to open a modpack it would just close itself out.
thank you, gonna try this out[DOUBLEPOST=1410085719][/DOUBLEPOST]
can you give me a link, because i cant find java 7

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
cheat yourself in a smeltery, or enough seared bricks/grout to make one or just enough to finish the quest.

there's no legit way at the moment that I know of.
Yeah if you find something too difficult just cheat.
Running out of water? Just cheat in a drum full of it.
Can't find enough food? Just cheat in some Delighted Meals and Hearty Breakfasts.
Don't like the nerfs to machine frames? Just cheat in the entire machine.
Don't like some of the quests? Just HQM edit your way through the book.

Make sure when you are done you come here and complain about how easy the modpack is and how it needs more content.

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
There is a way to get a smeltery without going to the city. Melt stone pebbles in a crucible and pour to make a seared brick. Will take forever (i think 100 pebbles per brick) but it is possible.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for your help m8 :D
No worries man. I had the same problem. I clicked the pop-up to update Java and thought "hmm I wonder if this will mess with Minecraft". Sure enough the next day I went to boot up CL and the launcher crashed. Knowing that it worked the day before and the only change was the Java update it was a pretty easy fix.

Have fun in CL. Don't forget /gamerule mobGriefing false.[DOUBLEPOST=1410089099][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is a way to get a smeltery without going to the city. Melt stone pebbles in a crucible and pour to make a seared brick. Will take forever (i think 100 pebbles per brick) but it is possible.
Yes but as far as I remember Iskandar said he wanted to remove that. Although he was tossing up between leaving it in as an alternative and taking it out. He wants you to go explore the cities, otherwise what was the point of all the hard work of putting them in?

P.S: Correct me if I am wrong about Iskandars views on the crucible.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I also remember it being mentioned that the stone pebbles was going to be removed. I take that as considering it not-legit.

And if this -
Yeah if you find something too difficult just cheat.
Running out of water? Just cheat in a drum full of it.
Can't find enough food? Just cheat in some Delighted Meals and Hearty Breakfasts.
Don't like the nerfs to machine frames? Just cheat in the entire machine.
Don't like some of the quests? Just HQM edit your way through the book.

Make sure when you are done you come here and complain about how easy the modpack is and how it needs more content.
was aimed at me, it was pointless and unfounded. I haven't cheated in this pack. Not once.

Nor do I encourage it, but the form of the post I was replying to seemed to indicate that city mob battles wasn't an option. At all. Since any method other than that at the moment is considered an exploit, "cheating" is the only way to get a smeltery without going to the city - It's actually why I forgot about the stone pebbles, if I'd have remembered I'd have mentioned them, being somewhere on the line. It's also why I reinforced that there's no current legit way.

I guess they can melt pebbles and consider themself being less cheaty, It's apples and oranges really but It's up to them.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
As for this whole city thing, 3 things to point out:

1.) Cities are NOT for fighting. If you are doing lots of fighting in cities, you're likely going to die. You're not doing it "wrong," per se, you're just doing it the SUPER hard way. Get in, get what you need, get out. In 1.3, they are changing the design of cities to make this a little harder to accomplish (by partially burying the buildings so you can't cherry pick from outside), but really, this will actually make cities safer, IMO, cause you won't have airdrop pigmen in your face all the time. The buildings themselves will be more dangerous, but bring some light sources (which right now aren't really needed) and tackle buildings in a safe manner (top down if possible, lots of dust to block off mobs, handle spawners post haste, etc), and I think cities will be a bit easier to tackle come 1.3.

2.) You only need the city for Big Reactor stuff at the moment (and Big Reactor isn't even remotely needed in this pack nor does it currently have any quests associated with it, although this is likely to change). You can make your seared bricks in the crucible, as mentioned. This IS an exploit and WILL be removed eventually, unless Iskandar changes his mind. That being said, even if you don't smelt you're stones in a crucible, you only need a VERY small number of seared parts from a TiCon factory to get your smeltery up and running. And once you have a single level smeltery up and running, you have infinite seared bricks to build it as high as you like and to make your High Oven. This means that a single TiCon factory should hold 100% of all the seared bricks you ever HAVE to scavenge from a city. Check out this handy FunshineX video for details.

3.) Combat is a part of this pack. From the hints and teases we have been getting about 1.3 and 1.4, I can only imagine that we will be doing a LOT of fighting in the future of this mod pack. If you 100% never ever want to fight in Minecraft, this mod pack probably isn't for you. I am not saying you shouldn't play it. To each their own. And if you want to just cheat your way around the fighting, go for it. You bypassing crucial parts of this mod pack and cheapening the experience for yourself is none of my business and doesn't affect me in the slightest. More power to you. If you're still having fun, that's really all that matters. The opinions of others shouldn't bother you. But realize that this mod pack is not made with the peaceful player in mind, fighting is a large part of the pack currently, and will likely only become a bigger part as time goes on.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I also remember it being mentioned that the stone pebbles was going to be removed. I take that as considering it not-legit.

And if this -

was aimed at me, it was pointless and unfounded. I haven't cheated in this pack. Not once.

Nor do I encourage it, but the form of the post I was replying to seemed to indicate that city mob battles wasn't an option. At all. Since any method other than that at the moment is considered an exploit, "cheating" is the only way to get a smeltery without going to the city - It's actually why I forgot about the stone pebbles, if I'd have remembered I'd have mentioned them, being somewhere on the line. It's also why I reinforced that there's no current legit way.

I guess they can melt pebbles and consider themself being less cheaty, It's apples and oranges really but It's up to them.
It wasn't aimed directly at you, I never meant it to come across that way.
It was aimed towards cheaters in general. I've seen many people come through here pissing and moaning because something is too hard or how they don't like it so it should be nerfed. A few of them actually admit to cheating and then come back and say the mod pack was too easy or wasn't long enough.

It's just frustrating watching people try and dictate the development of a hardcore map. If it's hard, adapt and survive. If there is something you don't like, pucker up and push through it. Don't come here and tell the rest of us that something needs to be nerfed to suit your playstyle.

Note: I know this isn't what you or the person you replied to was doing. It's just something I see all the time and is getting pretty annoying.

Edit: Bloody Ssundee, I'm guessing his audience consists mostly of the people I am talking about above. He chooses the easy route AND gets a potato on his first zombie kill. This saddens me greatly.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I was a little confuzzled, since I had just mentioned the cities seeming hard.. but. easy... or something - more that there's less usefulness in return visits.

As for this whole city thing, 3 things to point out:
1.) Cities are ... -snip-
I actually found the city more entertaining when I bunkered up building to building, by the time I left, I'd cleared about 5-6 buildings and could use them for safehouses. It was interesting to fight the mobs off, like slowly conquering land and putting up defenses.

I really hope that the buried cities makes it harder to spot the building you're after. All of those random office blocks shall get more visits.

Edit: I had two "more"'s :p

Reactions: ScottieC

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I was a little confuzzled, since I had just mentioned the cities seeming hard.. but. easy... or something - more that there's less usefulness in return visits.

I actually found the city more entertaining when I bunkered up building to building, by the time I left, I'd cleared about 5-6 buildings and could use them for safehouses. It was interesting to fight the mobs off, like slowly conquering land and putting up defenses.

I really hope that the buried cities makes it harder to spot the building you're after. All of those random office blocks shall get more visits.

Edit: I had two "more"'s :p
Yeah, the way you describe "conquering" the cities reminds me of how I tried going about "conquering" Vech's dungeons. Walls + Torches + Destroy the nearby spawners - make a new wall, put down more torches, etc...

It was a lot of work, but it felt like dungeon diving to me. :D

I really do hope that regular building loot gets better, as I definitely enjoy going after all the buildings instead of just three - I will do so anyway even if the loot gets worse, just for the challenge/enjoyment. :p

Reactions: ScottieC

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
Potato is disabled for normal mobs but special mobs can still drop them. There are no seeds for them.