[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Well Dires been doing some reserch and i feel so sry for Iskandar seeing something you built on a Dire video is so nerve racking i mean i just built the buildings and i know that with the mods i can only do so much with them but now im sitting here thinking what could i have done better. So i can only imagine how Iskandar feels.
Iskandar congrats on a great pack and thanks for letting me help make it better.
If I were Iskandar OR you, I wouldn't fret over this at all.

1) You expecting some big payday or raise or promotion out of all of this, or the opposite if it goes the other way?
2) Are you guys happy with what was made?
3) Look at the thread count... I mean seriously, my sheets have nothing on this thread.... (decent pun actually)
4) thread views... same....

This is the first hardcore pack that, even tho it's changed quite a bit from the beginning, is HARD but not IMPOSSIBLE or ensures that you pull all your hairs out to get through it. The level of accomplishment you feel after playing this pack, getting a great base setup, finding cool ways to do something you hadn't thought of doing, etc... It's pretty epic.

Lastly, is he actually calling you guys out by name cursing you and your first borns?

It's all good. Seriously. I saw gideon state that CL will get points taken off of it cause it was made 1 month prior to jampacked, but it doesn't matter. Even if another pack wins jampacked, which pack has been on the main launcher sans code for over a month already?

I think MC pack creation is a bit different than making normal games, etc.. I like to think of it as a genre similar to when musicians started sampling other songs, reformatting them and using them on sampling keyboards (no, I am not looking at you vanilla ice, sit the hell back down). You take something that people know, mix them up a bit, change something here and there, and the whole is now a new thing, completely different from the sum of it's parts. I think the potential for creativity has no glass ceiling, thus CL, BNB, the jampacked entries... these are all just the beginning of really epic things that people will play for quite some time so yeah... no worries.

CL is different, it's awesome, and there's no dream dimension. what's not to love? Especially the mini creepers. man those guys are cute as hell. Someone please make a machina with dancing baby creepers. I really want to see that.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just beat the wither with my needlegun and manyullyn frying pan in the sky above my base at y=250 using my resonate jetpack. I only wore non-enchanted diamond helm and legs and exo-shoes. He didn't even hit me once. I had regen pots but didn't even need them. Now to play with XU sigil and get some nice unstable ingot stuff and cursed earth.
Now you're cooking with wither. Food will never taste the same from that pan. enjoy. :)

Are you a wimp like me that only goes after the unstable nuggets? I get too freaked out making ingots as if the world will explode or something (oh wait, it does...) I'd make a terrible bomb tech.

Reactions: LostBMe

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
i am done playing your pack i got killed but i had a sink at base but i did not go back
to base i came back to same spot i was at they killed me a 2 time and came back to
it and they killed me till the world was gone :mad:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Now you're cooking with wither. Food will never taste the same from that pan. enjoy. :)

Are you a wimp like me that only goes after the unstable nuggets? I get too freaked out making ingots as if the world will explode or something (oh wait, it does...) I'd make a terrible bomb tech.
I've never even thought about making unstable nuggets. I just use the ingots. I just made a healing axe so now food is obsolete. Going to make a builders wand next.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It's a bug between jabba and PC. Not much Iskandar can do about it.

Arial Interface = Camel Pack is 100% automated wirelessly no matter where I am in the world.
Healing Axe = Food is now obsolete.

It's not a bug. Barrels convert ore dictionary items. He could simply remove ore dictionary compatibility of PC plastic I'm just asking if he left it in on purpose.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a bug. Barrels convert ore dictionary items. He could simply remove ore dictionary compatibility of PC plastic I'm just asking if he left it in on purpose.
I imagine it is unintentional, but he probably won't remove it because the ore dictionary for pc plastic is needed to make mfr plastic sheets and maybe some other stuff.

1.1.2 wont launch for me, I'm 95% sure I did it right. any suggestions?

ftb launcher log: http://pastebin.com/cugm5JkT
Make sure your java is up to date.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
i am done playing your pack i got killed but i had a sink at base but i did not go back
to base i came back to same spot i was at they killed me a 2 time and came back to
it and they killed me till the world was gone :mad:
We'll miss ya. I'll pour one out for you the next time I drink a 40.

Good luck in all your grammatical adventures in the future.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Well Dires been doing some reserch and i feel so sry for Iskandar seeing something you built on a Dire video is so nerve racking i mean i just built the buildings and i know that with the mods i can only do so much with them but now im sitting here thinking what could i have done better. So i can only imagine how Iskandar feels.
Iskandar congrats on a great pack and thanks for letting me help make it better.

He liked the buildings, said it was a 'real deal' city.
we wont get such a good view when they get buried which should make our life easier, I'll wait and see
Hope Iskandar is feeling better

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I imagine it is unintentional, but he probably won't remove it because the ore dictionary for pc plastic is needed to make mfr plastic sheets and maybe some other stuff.

It's not. You can get a rubber tree sapling from sifting dirt.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
He liked the buildings, said it was a 'real deal' city.
we wont get such a good view when they get buried which should make our life easier, I'll wait and see
Hope Iskandar is feeling better
That was my one issue when he said he wanted the buildings buried. He wanted them burried 10 deep so ppl couldent window shop and i agree that making ppl go into the building will add a little more chalange to the cities but 10 deep almost cover the apts and factories compleatley. So the compromise was id do a set of buildings his way 10 deep and a set my way 4 deep and we would use both this way there will be more varietie, you can still see the buildings, and you will still die a horrable and painfull death :D

Reactions: cannajan

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I know but Iskandar still wanted you to be able to craft mfr plastic sheets using pc plastic.
if you search for any MFR machine and click on the plactic sheets you will see that they can be made from any plastic sheet not just MFR plastic. you just need 4 sheets and place them in a 2*2 area in a crafting grid. :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
if you search for any MFR machine and click on the plactic sheets you will see that they can be made from any plastic sheet not just MFR plastic. you just need 4 sheets and place them in a 2*2 area in a crafting grid. :)

Not sure if it will happen but Iskandar has mentioned going the other way with this since you can make MFR plastic from PneCraft plastic why not reverse it and use dye+MFR plastic to get PneCraft plastic. If he does deside to do this then it will help with the grind of PneCraft

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Convinced

Jul 29, 2019
I did but it still gives me the same error, 1.1.1 still launches idk what's wrong with 1.1.2
Mine is crashing before really even loading, fresh install, java is up-to-date, so who knows.

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't like Java 8.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody first off id like to thank @PODonnell and @DoomSquirter for helping me track down the Sync Bug. Now im going to take from Doom and repost the fix

Crash Landing Notification:
If you want to avoid an issue of suffocation with SYNC, you will need to add a chunkloader to pack or use MFR one. Chunkload the area around your base and you should have no issues SYNCing to your shell. If you do not do this, you risk dying and losing your world. You have been warned.

Also once he gets to feeling better ill make sure Iskandar hears about this so it will be fixed in 113

Reactions: ScottieC

Convinced

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody first off id like to thank @PODonnell and @DoomSquirter for helping me track down the Sync Bug. Now im going to take from Doom and repost the fix

Crash Landing Notification:
If you want to avoid an issue of suffocation with SYNC, you will need to add a chunkloader to pack or use MFR one. Chunkload the area around your base and you should have no issues SYNCing to your shell. If you do not do this, you risk dying and losing your world. You have been warned.

Also once he gets to feeling better ill make sure Iskandar hears about this so it will be fixed in 113

Just make an empty space under the Sync block that houses your clone.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Just make an empty space under the Sync block that houses your clone.
this wont work if you have heavy lag when you die cause you will get stuck in a fake void and ether die or crash your game and corrupt your save 2014-08-31_04.49.54.png @PODonnell and @DoomSquirter have both confermed that this can happen. Now yor PC does have a lot to do with this if you have a low end PC like me then this will happen a lot but if you have a better PC like Doom then this is less likley to happen but still posible so why take the chance of loseing all your hard work.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Kezarious

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so the morning after fighting off mini creepers, I go outside to find a massive freaking crater where the side of the ship was, with the lava What caused it? Did the ship's engine blow up or something? If so, that's destroyed my only source of lava.