[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Please make and or find an alternative method for the Smeltery, High Oven and Pneumaticraft stuff because some people LIKE ME don't have a monster of a computer and are playing in linux just to have lower ram usage and be able to even run the modpack im having enough fps issues (even with optifine) by even runing the game and when thoose overpowered zombie pigmen and all other mobs start spawning im pretty much always dead never lived up the city even with the pillar up tactics to run out of fight..i saw a comment where it would be smaller cityes but it doesn't matter there must be harder SAFER way to get thoose items (maybe much more resource intensive but i just wan't to have a block stuff it with items and wait maybe 10 weeks but have my items that i CANNOT GET) ...im sorry i don't want' to be rude but it's just so much frustrating when something forces you to do in a way you don't wan't to do things...maybe make a smaller city where only there are no chests but only smeltery and or high oven or somehow move the small buildings out of the center of the city and move around the edges ?
Wall-of-text...so much pan.

This comment is gonna get a lot of flak, but even worded as it is, it has a bit of merit.

DW said it best when he discovered the grout issue and said "wow, that's terrible" (paraphrase)

Voltair

Jul 29, 2019
I know people have been mentioning that the creeper seeds blow out the conveyor belts but do they do that to both types of conveyor belts?
I use Minefactory conveyor belts to move mobs around and drop them in a pit of iron spikes for an early game mob trap and I've yet to see one conveyor blown up by the "seed" creeper. It is possible but they blow up usually where the iron spikes are and these take no damage.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Please make and or find an alternative method for the Smeltery, High Oven and Pneumaticraft stuff because some people LIKE ME don't have a monster of a computer and are playing in linux just to have lower ram usage and be able to even run the modpack im having enough fps issues (even with optifine) by even runing the game and when thoose overpowered zombie pigmen and all other mobs start spawning im pretty much always dead never lived up the city even with the pillar up tactics to run out of fight..i saw a comment where it would be smaller cityes but it doesn't matter there must be harder SAFER way to get thoose items (maybe much more resource intensive but i just wan't to have a block stuff it with items and wait maybe 10 weeks but have my items that i CANNOT GET) ...im sorry i don't want' to be rude but it's just so much frustrating when something forces you to do in a way you don't wan't to do things...maybe make a smaller city where only there are no chests but only smeltery and or high oven or somehow move the small buildings out of the center of the city and move around the edges ?

If you have the patience, you could get your PneuCraft stuff, because it's mostly just iron that you need - plenty of it. You can still double your output in a crucible, if the book is right:p, so unless you're looking to triple your output via HighOven, you COULD just stick to that.

The city is just for those that have the skills (computer or otherwise) for it. Much faster and/or easier to come by the parts and pieces for it that via the city way than doing it the longer route.

Or you could wait for version .3 to come out where cities go smaller, I hear?:)[DOUBLEPOST=1409339035][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use Minefactory conveyor belts to move mobs around and drop them in a pit of iron spikes for an early game mob trap and I've yet to see one conveyor blown up by the "seed" creeper. It is possible but they blow up usually where the iron spikes are and these take no damage.

Good to know, thanks!:)

AyVaZzZ4o0

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the patience, you could get your PneuCraft stuff, because it's mostly just iron that you need - plenty of it. You can still double your output in a crucible, if the book is right:p, so unless you're looking to triple your output via HighOven, you COULD just stick to that.

The city is just for those that have the skills (computer or otherwise) for it. Much faster and/or easier to come by the parts and pieces for it that via the city way than doing it the longer route.

Or you could wait for version .3 to come out where cities go smaller, I hear?:)[DOUBLEPOST=1409339035][/DOUBLEPOST]

Good to know, thanks!:)
Let me just confirm today that i put 9 iron dust in there and got 9 iron ingots so no double output there..also no way to automate getting stuff because you don't have access to machine block It's getting harder to stay calm when you die more than 10 times people get discouraged...i stopped a lot of times playing this mod pack but there is always something annoying about it like not having a waypoint after you die is one of the frustrating parts where you can't retrieve all your items and in the end of the day just starve or die to mobs because you couldn't recharge your sync machine or make weapon ( in fact i didn't died ) i don't have that much fps issues i can say my pc is not that bad but anybody can have random lag spike you might be in the middle of jumping on top of a building and 3 hearts left and get 1 shoted by pigmen

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Wall-of-text...so much pan.

This comment is gonna get a lot of flak, but even worded as it is, it has a bit of merit.

DW said it best when he discovered the grout issue and said "wow, that's terrible" (paraphrase)
ROFL. yes, I think you paraphrased that precisely. I think the inflection was over the terrible part. I'd hate to see how cordial he'd be to someone mugging him. Oh dear, well, yeah, I haven't paid off that card, so be careful using it. Here's the pin, and my phone # at home in case you can't get into my bank account.

And btw, I can't wait till the episode upcoming where he drills down to see the AE systems are NOT normal. that's going to be a laugh riot in and of itself. Oh dear, well, looks like we'll have to start pneumaticraft after all.....

<snippity snip snip WOT griping about newbs>[DOUBLEPOST=1409339979][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the config that I mentioned above, there are 5 block long strips of blocks that aren't handled by the grinders, so I put MFR conveyors on them pointing outwards to keep mobs from trying to stay alive there. I also have to cover the rednet cable and fluiducts coming down to the spawner in the center with microblocks to keep the mobs from living up there as well. I ran this for weeks of MC time and the only thing I had to replace was the conveyor belts but only rarely. This was in 1.1.1. I'm sure it's the same in 1.1.2. so yeah, they can blow up from creeper explosions.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
ROFL. yes, I think you paraphrased that precisely. I think the inflection was over the terrible part. I'd hate to see how cordial he'd be to someone mugging him. Oh dear, well, yeah, I haven't paid off that card, so be careful using it. Here's the pin, and my phone # at home in case you can't get into my bank account.

And btw, I can't wait till the episode upcoming where he drills down to see the AE systems are NOT normal. that's going to be a laugh riot in and of itself. Oh dear, well, looks like we'll have to start pneumaticraft after all.....
I forget, what's the hard part? I made an AE system last week.

Did it have PC cards in it, requiring lots of transistors etc? Yeah that sucks if you're not stocking lots of the correct seeds and have a decent compression system running.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Let me just confirm today that i put 9 iron dust in there and got 9 iron ingots so no double output there..also no way to automate getting stuff because you don't have access to machine block It's getting harder to stay calm when you die more than 10 times people get discouraged...i stopped a lot of times playing this mod pack but there is always something annoying about it like not having a waypoint after you die is one of the frustrating parts where you can't retrieve all your items and in the end of the day just starve or die to mobs because you couldn't recharge your sync machine or make weapon ( in fact i didn't died ) i don't have that much fps issues i can say my pc is not that bad but anybody can have random lag spike you might be in the middle of jumping on top of a building and 3 hearts left and get 1 shoted by pigmen

You need to do pneucraft to get the machine block and you can do pneucraft without doubling ores though it would have been nice if you could do it through the crucible. And you don't even have to die to do it. BUT it will take a lot of time.

And? You don't even need automation to do pneucraft. Just lots of iron. Spend more time sifting gravel for iron. Because I dont' think the crafting ability of pneucraft parts has been disabled. Or has it? I haven't checked yet for version 1.2:confused:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'll make it simple. This is NOT an easy pack. It's not MEANT to be an easy pack. If it's too hard, then it's too hard. If the machine is causing your lag and death, there's not a single thing to be done about that on this end. If you feel you need an edge cause of your machine, NEI items in to ease your suffering.

if you are not forming the individual pulverized into a dust block, you are not going to get more than you put in (iirc).

Reactions: Shane2482

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019

It is possible this mod pack isn't for you. That's okay. Just like BnB isn't for everyone, it's totally possible that CL isn't for everyone, and again, that's okay. This is a HARD Minecraft experience that features permanent death and world wiping as part of what makes this mod pack special and unique. People who play this game after turning off hardcore and/or turning down the difficulty or after cheating in a bunch of resources, well, they are ruining the experience for themselves. But it doesn't affect me or anyone else, so that's fine. I really hope they enjoy CL too.

On the other hand, saying the mod should change to fit your playstyle when hundreds and hundreds of other people like it just the way it is, and the mod author obviously wants it to be a very challenging and "serious business" modpack is pretty uncool. This is by far one of the lightest, most resource un-intensive modpacks I've ever played with, but if you're having frame rate issues (which I can't seem to tell if you are or are not) than that's not the mod packs fault. If the difficulty is getting to you, you can always turn off hardcore, turn off special mobs, change the difficulty to easy, cheat in the items you want, whatever. Again, that doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. But don't ask for the game to be fundamentally changed from what it is to accommodate you at the expense of the community as a whole. That's rude.

Finally, I think it should be said that anyone who expects to come play CL without doing at least a little research AND dying a couple (dozen) times (and losing the world because of it if they go Hard Route to show off how macho they are) is in for a very very unpleasant experience. I am a little more than surprised that there seem to be a decent number of people under the impression that they can just jump in, pick the Hard Path, and wing it, when the big names in Youtube Minecraft world are all like "This modpack is SUPER HARD." every five mins on their Let's Plays. lol

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I forget, what's the hard part? I made an AE system last week.

Did it have PC cards in it, requiring lots of transistors etc? Yeah that sucks if you're not stocking lots of the correct seeds and have a decent compression system running.
Yes, it's the cards, and man I went ballistic about that when I saw it. I had smelted some quartz dust so I could make my processors. Had a tico crafting + double chest all setup like I always do, all ready to make all my AE stuff. made some cutting knifes, put it all into inventory, looked up NEI and boom, no silicon anymore. Just the pcb100 card whatever. WHAT? ok fine, I can go make some of those. but wait... they don't stack. I tend to make a stack of basic and advanced. To do that took 10-20 TIMES the amount of time and 2 more chests to hold all those damn cards. I ended up only making what I needed till I could make a MAC and then did the rest through it cause of that non stacking aspect (which was the real deal killer with me). Yeah, the frustration he's going to have is going to be epic.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, it's the cards, and man I went ballistic about that when I saw it. I had smelted some quartz dust so I could make my processors. Had a tico crafting + double chest all setup like I always do, all ready to make all my AE stuff. made some cutting knifes, put it all into inventory, looked up NEI and boom, no silicon anymore. Just the pcb100 card whatever. WHAT? ok fine, I can go make some of those. but wait... they don't stack. I tend to make a stack of basic and advanced. To do that took 10-20 TIMES the amount of time and 2 more chests to hold all those damn cards. I ended up only making what I needed till I could make a MAC and then did the rest through it cause of that non stacking aspect (which was the real deal killer with me). Yeah, the frustration he's going to have is going to be epic.

For the stacking, I used jabba barrels. Cleaned that up right quick.

Yeah I agree it'll be funny.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If you don't make a dust block, you can't put your dusts in the crucible at all. The crucible does not oredouble, it just enables casting of tool parts.
Correct. I must have misread then. I thought we were talking about high oven. You're right. crucible is poor man's version of smeltery (it is actually called mini smeltery in configs).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
For the stacking, I used jabba barrels. Cleaned that up right quick.

Yeah I agree it'll be funny.
Hello everybody, this is direwolf 20 and I'm here with (long pause) PAHIMAR!
So in today's episode we are working on Applied energistics and... wait, what? WHAT? WHAT IN THE BLEEEP BLEEEP BLEEP is this? Pahimar, stop chasing that creeper around with my frying pan... look at this... what the BLEEEP. wait, what's come over me? I feel so invigorated. I've never said BLEEP before. It's so REFRESHING. I think I will be using this word now, you know, BLEEP, from now on. This BLEEPing thing here requires BLEEPity BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP and then you BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP this with the non stackable BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPing cards. Hey pahimar, you want to come back when we have these BLEEPing cards made and can make our AE system? Bleep you direwolf. I'm going back to agskies.

I'm BLEEPing paraphrasing, but I'm fairly certain, that's exactly how it will go. :rolleyes:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors is such a cool mod, thematically a great fit for the pack.

Every time I look at this:
F0Di5og.jpg

I hear this:

Long story short, who doesn't like 24,000RF/tick?
nCtD7i1.jpg

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Voltair

Jul 29, 2019
In the config that I mentioned above, there are 5 block long strips of blocks that aren't handled by the grinders, so I put MFR conveyors on them pointing outwards to keep mobs from trying to stay alive there. I also have to cover the rednet cable and fluiducts coming down to the spawner in the center with microblocks to keep the mobs from living up there as well. I ran this for weeks of MC time and the only thing I had to replace was the conveyor belts but only rarely. This was in 1.1.1. I'm sure it's the same in 1.1.2. so yeah, they can blow up from creeper explosions.
Thanks Doom. I wasn't sure about that and the spikes are three blocks down from my conveyor belts and take care of the mobs for me so that is probably why I've never seen one destroyed.

At least LostBMe knows they can be destroyed now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hello everybody, this is direwolf 20 and I'm here with (long pause) PAHIMAR!
So in today's episode we are working on Applied energistics and... wait, what? WHAT? WHAT IN THE BLEEEP BLEEEP BLEEP is this? Pahimar, stop chasing that creeper around with my frying pan... look at this... what the BLEEEP. wait, what's come over me? I feel so invigorated. I've never said BLEEP before. It's so REFRESHING. I think I will be using this word now, you know, BLEEP, from now on. This BLEEPing thing here requires BLEEPity BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP and then you BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP this with the non stackable BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPing cards. Hey pahimar, you want to come back when we have these BLEEPing cards made and can make our AE system? Bleep you direwolf. I'm going back to agskies.

I'm BLEEPing paraphrasing, but I'm fairly certain, that's exactly how it will go. :rolleyes:
Classic man. You had me at "long pause" and "want to come back?"

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Classic man. You had me at "long pause" and "want to come back?"
I've always thought that want to come back meant "let me NEI some items in and then we can get back to recording" but then I watched all the pahimar agskies vids and some of the ones DW20 put out and yeah, it's interesting seeing it from another perspective, so no I don't think NEI ever came into play there, and don't think he does it anymore after that. but yeah, he might change perspective after he starts dealing with PC and any CTD's or world eating might dissuade him. That very next episode will go like this:
Hello everybody, this is Direwolf20, and I'm here with <Extra long pause> PAHIMAR and MineMaarten (waves).

So, we decided to bring an expert in this mod to allow our viewers to experience what it's like....
Minemaarten: Ummm Direwolf? Why do I have TNT blocks attached to my character?

Direwolf: Incentive my dear friend. Incentive. *rubs hands together*

Ok, I'm done impersonating people for the day. Be sure to tip your waiters.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

AyVaZzZ4o0

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible this mod pack isn't for you. That's okay. Just like BnB isn't for everyone, it's totally possible that CL isn't for everyone, and again, that's okay. This is a HARD Minecraft experience that features permanent death and world wiping as part of what makes this mod pack special and unique. People who play this game after turning off hardcore and/or turning down the difficulty or after cheating in a bunch of resources, well, they are ruining the experience for themselves. But it doesn't affect me or anyone else, so that's fine. I really hope they enjoy CL too.

On the other hand, saying the mod should change to fit your playstyle when hundreds and hundreds of other people like it just the way it is, and the mod author obviously wants it to be a very challenging and "serious business" modpack is pretty uncool. This is by far one of the lightest, most resource un-intensive modpacks I've ever played with, but if you're having frame rate issues (which I can't seem to tell if you are or are not) than that's not the mod packs fault. If the difficulty is getting to you, you can always turn off hardcore, turn off special mobs, change the difficulty to easy, cheat in the items you want, whatever. Again, that doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. But don't ask for the game to be fundamentally changed from what it is to accommodate you at the expense of the community as a whole. That's rude.

Finally, I think it should be said that anyone who expects to come play CL without doing at least a little research AND dying a couple (dozen) times (and losing the world because of it if they go Hard Route to show off how macho they are) is in for a very very unpleasant experience. I am a little more than surprised that there seem to be a decent number of people under the impression that they can just jump in, pick the Hard Path, and wing it, when the big names in Youtube Minecraft world are all like "This modpack is SUPER HARD." every five mins on their Let's Plays. lol
If i didn't like the modpack i would have deleted it's folder from the launcher myself the problem is there is too less alternatives that i see i can say i tried to go to the hard path and i saw it didn't worked i gone to the easy path(in the HQM) too but that doesn't work sometimes too i am just noting out that waypoints don't work and the cities have way too much spawners that doesn't mean it should be changed but at last considered to lower the number or have a config option somehow to disable i m not asking the whole modpack to be changed my way i can always use the configs i am not the rude one here to say that "i am not asking "the game to be fundamentally changed" just for me " i just said that it is in fact not true double ore output in the crucible which is nut crucial