[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just got a squid trophy farming squid seeds. This trophy might be a bit OP for this pack. ;)
Considering one squid seed = infinite squid seeds, I don't know that you should worry about it overmuch.

Edit: More importantly, I'm an idiot, and my comments should be ignored if they seem to indicate a lack of memory of what squid trophies do.
Each trophy type has a special effect when right-clicked:
  • Squid: Creates a Water source block directly above the player.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
*wheezes, gasping for air* sometimes I really wish this pack at least had a bit of lighting to signify thunderstorms......

Started out the morning a bit overcast...... and attempted to decipher if it was going to be a regular rainstorm or a thunderstorm, not the best day to decide to work on the outer defenses.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
*wheezes, gasping for air* sometimes I really wish this pack at least had a bit of lighting to signify thunderstorms......

Started out the morning a bit overcast...... and attempted to decipher if it was going to be a regular rainstorm or a thunderstorm, not the best day to decide to work on the outer defenses.

I can relate....took a walk last night, starting at sunrise just as the dead started to burn. Beautiful day, but right about 10:30 ish, the sky started to darken. Since the day before was a t-storm, I figured this would be light weather and continued my little stroll. Lighting flashed informing me of my blunder and I quickly erected my emergency cave. Hiding in a 2x2 cobble shelter glad I had extra food and water while waiting for that blessed sound of burning flesh reminded me once again that we ain't in Kansas anymore.

Reactions: Pyure

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Setup my kinetic compressor to be powered with a hardened energy cell (since it only needs 100 RF/t to run full power) and setup some XU solar generators to power that hardened cell. Then I used some SFM to automate charging and discharging of the solar generators depending on if their internal buffer is full or empty. This is a really nice hands free/maintenance free power generation for setups that only need a little power. Most of the time the kinetic compressor does nothing, but when I am using the compression chamber, it starts working to keep the chamber at 4.5 bars. Then the solar generators will keep the hardened energy cell capped off and then recharge themselves automatically and keep their own internal buffers full. It's a really nice setup for a kinetic compressor. I like it a lot.

Reactions: cannajan

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yo Yo Yo Genrikb has Crash Landed
Weird, I hadn't heard of him.[DOUBLEPOST=1409170431][/DOUBLEPOST]
Setup my kinetic compressor to be powered with a hardened energy cell (since it only needs 100 RF/t to run full power) and setup some XU solar generators to power that hardened cell. Then I used some SFM to automate charging and discharging of the solar generators depending on if their internal buffer is full or empty. This is a really nice hands free/maintenance free power generation for setups that only need a little power. Most of the time the kinetic compressor does nothing, but when I am using the compression chamber, it starts working to keep the chamber at 4.5 bars. Then the solar generators will keep the hardened energy cell capped off and then recharge themselves automatically and keep their own internal buffers full. It's a really nice setup for a kinetic compressor. I like it a lot.
Awesome setup man.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Yo Yo Yo Genrikb has Crash Landed

Great, now we all know Genrikb is just as lousy a pilot as we are. Abandon all hope, our rescue ship is scrap metal as well. He always has some interesting build ideas, going to have to see what happens in his videos. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Man youve been missing out on some serious hilarity he doesnt like to do a whole lot of reserch just jump in and see what happens is his motto
I'm one of those people who throw things at the monitor when people do no research and balls everything up badly as a result though.

And I only have one monitor.

Edit: its different if its actually funny. I used to watch Pyrostasis for a while, and his Agrarian Skies LP was just depressing.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

This was a great video. I laughed so hard when he went for the BP. Just one note to new players. DON"T stand over a pit full of creepers and smack then to death with your wrench. There are some nusty creepers in that mod trust me. it will end bad sooner or later. and if they look like endermen but are creeper run away[DOUBLEPOST=1409172693][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm one of those people who throw things at the monitor when people do no research and balls everything up badly as a result though.

And I only have one monitor.

Edit: its different if its actually funny. I used to watch Pyrostasis for a while, and his Agrarian Skies LP was just depressing.
i think i got to episode 6 or something. it was right after he started his smelter. I wanted to skiplike 3 days in the house playing peekeeboo with a creeper and skellies. rofl

Reactions: Pyure

Timo Meijer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying the map, but after quite a few resets, I have disabled hardcore mode. I like a challenge, but there's a difference between a challenge and unfairness. If one of the OP mobs hasn't fallen into the trench, and I go outside, that's it, I'm dead, one shotted, no matter if I wear early game armor or not. I'd accept the hardcoreness if it's atleast fair, if I made a mistake and learn something each time I die(Better than Wolves does this pretty well).
It's a great map, but the hardcoreness/unfairness of the mobs is too much for me. I'll be enjoying it non-hardcore though!