[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Any hints onto how to fix the Skin issue of this pack?
First couple days i didn't mind, but it begins to get on my nerves :/
I don't think it's this pack alone, but regardless the way I fixed it was I edited my resource pack and replaced the steve.png with my custom skin.

Reactions: mohrad

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to sieve all night for stone for the slab furnace, you can make a bone pick instead. Run over to the road that's just off to the (east?) side there and mine some of the black cobblestone. You can use it to make a furnace or to make slabs for a slab furnace. It seems to work like vanilla cobble, but only in "vanilla" recipes. You can even smelt it into black smoothstone and use it, again, like vanilla stone but only in vanilla recipes (slabs for example).

Of course, to do this you'll need TiCon up and you'll need to run over there during the daytime, so I'm not really sure it's useful (but you can make a couple of furnaces fairly quickly on day two, say, for parts of the survival generators. Still need 5 regular cobble to finish the generator though...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
This is clearly a "creative" way to solve a problem and I don't think it should be changed @Iskandar

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's this pack alone, but regardless the way I fixed it was I edited my resource pack and replaced the steve.png with my custom skin.

Simple way to solve it until a real fix comes live, I like it.
For me the "Steve Skin" issue exists only for this pack, in fact this is first time ever I am having any issues with skins.

RyTechro

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tips. I will go there on the thirt day though.
My fist day = digging + walling in a 20×20 or something (ten from the front of the home and 1 block at each side of the capsule)
First night = sieving dust and doing first 4 quests
Second day = digging + walling one other 20×20 towards the fuelcell for my tech area. And stopping the fuel spil + growing tree trees first wood log goes to an crook if I cant find bones in the morning
Second night = going into tools
Thirt day = shearing leaves
Thirt night = sieving for seeds and climbing tech tree
And so on....

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I...FUUUUUUUUUUUU. I've been living like a peasant on these morsels when I could of been eating my PB&Jam sandwiches like a king! No matter though I know for next time. I did manage to get a seed after an hour of tilling so I've got that going for me now I guess.

Thanks for letting me know.

Holy crap I almost just died. I was looking at recipes for bread then decided to make a coffee and a chat with my housemates. I forgot I wasn't in the escape menu and came back to 4% water. 12+ bottles of water later and I am sitting pretty. So glad my first priority was setting up an automatic water station, without all those spare bottles I would of been a goner. No way was I going to find my 3 cold water bottles I have been saving from the start in time lol.

I'm with you on Aroma DoomSquirter. After I died a couple of times to bugs I got pretty mad and tried to find a solution. I am so glad I had it when I went afk and those Zombies spawned inside my base next to me. After spending two irl days putting the engine back on the ship and laying out the inside in a symmetrical way I would have been extra mad.
I don't use it if it's my own mistake (such as going afk and dying of dehydration lol) but I do use it for game bugs. Thankfully I haven't made any irreparable mistakes this world. :)

If it's a known issue that monsters are spawning weird then I can live with that. So far there haven't been any serious bugs aside from that.

BP&J??? You have rice and soybeans, grilled cheese, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and bacon cheeseburgers!!!

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
The black gravel doesn't sieve (that's not a vanilla recipe I guess), and in fact, I really didn't find any uses for the black gravel. Too bad! Maybe someone more creative will figure something out...

Try unifying it with the mfr unifier or (maybe) the jabba unification?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The black gravel doesn't sieve (that's not a vanilla recipe I guess), and in fact, I really didn't find any uses for the black gravel. Too bad! Maybe someone more creative will figure something out...
Lol, I know, I gave it "the old college try" when the roads where first introduced, but didn't test the cobblestone fully.

This does make the acquisition of the item transfer node awful painless.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Why would I get string going? I don't need it for anything. I can sieve all night or I can grow trees, either way having the wall/trench up gives me options, doesn't it, options I don't have if I'm trapped in the ship with no dust. Again it comes down to me not understanding your priorities. Many trees before shears? Don't get it. String? Don't get it. What do you want string for? A bow? I'd rather use the needlegun. A bed/sleeping bag? I don't use either of those early on because I want maximum mob drops when morning comes. Another sieve? No point, I only have one activator.

Seems kind of silly to grow trees under the ship when you'd have to light all of that. You also don't have elevator blocks yet so you're talking a block staircase or spending wood on ladders/stairs. Lot of work when I can just plant 2 trees out front and another 2 on top of the ship.

I really don't understand why you have a problem with the ditch/wall when so many have proven it to work so well. The only reasons you've provided so far are string I don't need and trees I'm not ready to make the most of. If/when you manage to show me exactly why I should change methods I'll do so in the next version. :)
yes a bed or sleeping bags. you can make ladders and you don't need torches. you can use glowstone blocks/nooks. You have to wait till mourning to cap mobs cause on my the mob caps is reached why before mourning? String let see Bed, sleeping bag, golden bag of holding, books, bowstring, dirt, food (cooked worms are a good start food), wool, fishing rod (haven't tried), name tag, leads, line, rope ladder (really cool for the basement and only uses 3 sticks), tape measure, carpet block, paint brush, item filter, golden lasso, plastic bags, safari net, anvil needle gun ammo, silky touch gem, woven cloth (which can be used to make leather armor), candles, techwork mesh, another copy of the quest book, and that is all i can think of. I don't have a problem with a ditch or anyone doing anyway they want. Nor am i saying my way is the only right way. my point was they are a 100 more usefull things to do on your first day then building a wall. first thing should be water and food since you already have a safe place for the night. Building a wall the first day "does not" give you a boost on the first 3 days and can be built anytime after you are safe on water supply and food, and wait till you have shears will get new players killed.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Try unifying it with the mfr unifier or (maybe) the jabba unification?

Fairly certain I tried the Jabba trick on the gravel and the cobble there with no luck... Now my mind is blank -- are there (m)any vanilla recipes that use gravel?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I've played every version of this pack, and restarted to take a look at what was changed with any major update even if not required. I just don't have the patience to sieve all night long. The last few version I've never made my furnace from sieving. At the some point in the beginning I end up sieving at points just to get enough redstone / glowstone or iron dust for something I need to make.

There is no ONE AND ONLY WAY to get things done. Something might be a bit better, but if every one enjoys what they're doing then it's all good.
It is good that you can do it that way and i say that is great. But if there is no one way then why is it that every new player that ask for help is being told to skip the first day and just build a wall, then start working on not dieing?

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Silly question: Do mobs have "passive griefing" here? Like at BnB?
I'm fairly certain I had couple oak barrels outside my ship and they vanished like just now.
(/gamerule mobGriefing off , so I don't think it was random creeper going off)