[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A servo into the itemduct, set it to pull out 32 items at once from the chest. A couple of speed upgrades into the IO interface. I'm using a 4x4 chamber and can make a full stack of transistors and capacitors before the air in the chamber gets low. (For whatever reason it starts eating items, if I set the stack size to 64.)

The air pressure is also automated. The signal from the pressure gauge goes into a PRC, there it is compared against "Less Than" 9 (=4.5 bar). As long as the pressure is lower, it sends a redstone signal to an energy cell. The energy cell supplies kinetic compressors with powers. (Only 100RF for three of them together, any higher and it always blew up the pressure tubes.)

Bone mealing a stack of seed takes only 2-3 minutes, so far Pneumaticraft was really painless.
Agreed on this.

I actually have 4 inputs with 4 speed upgrades each. They're set to round-robin the input (I forget why I thought that was a good idea). It flies through transisitors/capacitors pretty quickly.

The output actually produces bunches at a time which is nice. Its too bad the input doesn't bulk-insert.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Bone mealing a stack of seed takes only 2-3 minutes, so far Pneumaticraft was really painless.

We have differing definitions for pain then.

The last bunch I made I just broke the chamber, works great.[DOUBLEPOST=1408976477][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have to say unlike the other mobs there is no reason to kill the creepers if you have them contained. you get gunpowder from sieving.

You'll hit mob cap with all those creepers and then the mobs you actually do want can't spawn.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed on this.

I actually have 4 inputs with 4 speed upgrades each. They're set to round-robin the input (I forget why I thought that was a good idea). It flies through transisitors/capacitors pretty quickly.

The output actually produces bunches at a time which is nice. Its too bad the input doesn't bulk-insert.
It does bulk-insert. The complete half stack gets inserted into the interface and into the chamber in one step. Making a full stack of transistors/capacitors is only 7 IO operations. (6 in and 1 out)

The last bunch I made I just broke the chamber, works great.
But then you have to wait until the pressure builds again, on a larger chamber this can take a bit. Pipe all materials in in stacks of 32 items, watch it pop for a few seconds and then get the full stack out. Really no pain involved here. :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

The last bunch I made I just broke the chamber, works great.[DOUBLEPOST=1408976477][/DOUBLEPOST]

You'll hit mob cap with all those creepers and then the mobs you actually do want can't spawn.
you can instal a 2nd pit trap under the first. then once all the other mobs die pull the level and make sure the pit is over 32 blocks. if they don't die they will despawn on their own.:) also when you get sugar you can set up a hopper spike trap which will kill all the mobs.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
For the pressure chamber, using an IO port will lose pressure for each item inserted. If you insert 32 items at once, it will lose 32x that amount of pressure during the insert operation. More confusing, it won't even insert the half stack until there is enough pressure to lose (kinda wonky if you ask me).

For a 1x1 chamber, it's much easier to break the chamber to load large stacks.
For a bigger chamber with automated filling systems or bigger air capacities, it's better to use the IO ports and just manage your pressure.

Now, if it didn't require me to break 2 blocks to manually insert materials, and if the blocks didn't take FOREVER to break, this wouldn't be so bad!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
For the pressure chamber, using an IO port will lose pressure for each item inserted. If you insert 32 items at once, it will lose 32x that amount of pressure during the insert operation. More confusing, it won't even insert the half stack until there is enough pressure to lose (kinda wonky if you ask me).

For a 1x1 chamber, it's much easier to break the chamber to load large stacks.
For a bigger chamber with automated filling systems or bigger air capacities, it's better to use the IO ports and just manage your pressure.

Now, if it didn't require me to break 2 blocks to manually insert materials, and if the blocks didn't take FOREVER to break, this wouldn't be so bad!
Has anyone tried a drawbridge for the pressure chamber yet? I don't even know if they are in CL or not.

Reactions: Pyure

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh...skeletons shooting creepers outside my base which then open up a whole bundle of 'bad things'...nearly survived having to literally leave my base 2x in the first 3 days, but a small spider got me while I was sieving. That's what I get for not having the needlegun in my quickslots 1 time xD. I know I can turn mobgriefing off but I want to see if I can do it anyway.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Can somebody help me please?

Each water bottle only adds 25%, so a totally empty camel-pack with 3 water bottles will only make it 75% full. All your math adds up (and subtracts out) correctly.

It requires two crafting operations using only your 2x2 grid to completely fill a camel-pack.

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh...skeletons shooting creepers outside my base which then open up a whole bundle of 'bad things'...nearly survived having to literally leave my base 2x in the first 3 days, but a small spider got me while I was sieving. That's what I get for not having the needlegun in my quickslots 1 time xD. I know I can turn mobgriefing off but I want to see if I can do it anyway.
MobGriefing is suppose to be off according to Iskandar but that'll be next patch

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

Upgrade your pick, they break quickly with an alumite pick with 1-2 redstone mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1408983970][/DOUBLEPOST]
But then you have to wait until the pressure builds again, on a larger chamber this can take a bit. Pipe all materials in in stacks of 32 items, watch it pop for a few seconds and then get the full stack out. Really no pain involved here. :)

I haven't seen any value in creating a larger chamber when all I do is make the parts for circuit boards.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried a drawbridge for the pressure chamber yet? I don't even know if they are in CL or not.

They're part of TiCon, so they should be there. That's a really neat idea.

Upgrade your pick, they break quickly with an alumite pick with 1-2 redstone mods.

Thanks for the info! Not a lot of value in an upgraded pickaxe in CL so I rarely upgrade mine past Iron. I'll try this for sure once I get around to pillaging the cities in 1.1.2!

I haven't seen any value in creating a larger chamber when all I do is make the parts for circuit boards.

It should add air capacity for less downtime when processing larger quantities. Think of it as a buffer. Also, it could allow you to setup more IO ports per face so you can configure different inputs if you wish.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Upgrade your pick, they break quickly with an alumite pick with 1-2 redstone mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1408983970][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm a big fan of my 4x4 chamber, if for no other reason than the number of I/O ports and windows and such I can have without using the top and bottom.

It does bulk-insert. The complete half stack gets inserted into the interface and into the chamber in one step. Making a full stack of transistors/capacitors is only 7 IO operations. (6 in and 1 out)
It occurs to me I've only monitored this while using hoppers, which would explain my problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1408984677][/DOUBLEPOST]
It should add air capacity for less downtime when processing larger quantities. Think of it as a buffer. Also, it could allow you to setup more IO ports per face so you can configure different inputs if you wish.
I have in the past set up multiple outputs too. One output for plastics, one for capacitors/resistors, so forth. Makes it a bit quicker to get the output you want without having to re-filter each time.

Is it possible to make those outputs redstone controlled? I wish I could set them to be active/inactive via a switch.

Reactions: Methusalem

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
My strategy for the first days (worked every time since version 1.08):
- Do the first quest to get the camel pack, fill it up and equip it.
- Dig a 2 deep trench around the ship (with your bare hands) approx. 24x24
- Use the remainder of day (not a lot!) to build a wall on the inside of the trench
- Do a few more quests to get the birch sapling and start growing it.
- Keep an eye out for spiders!
- Sieve dust to get enough stones (24 for a slab furnace)
- Switch to sears asap
- I never use the transposer for water except for a few quest, I push for the crucible

Sometimes I do not melt the leaves fast enough and I need to boil dirty water but on average a single crucible (over lava) supports me forever. In fact I am still using a single crucible (approaching day 100), but now I generate the leaves with the planter/harvester combo.

First day
-Grab wrench
-Pick up both fluid trandsposers from the ship
- go outside pick up two dust
-turn in all quests and pick easy/hard (I've been choosing easy)
-make dirty water with the dirt
-turn in that quest and the following
- plant the dirt and a tree
-add bonemeal and grow
- I cut down two wood to make a crafting table and a crook
-I crook the leaves and cut the tree
- make another tree
-crook until you get a silk worm
-if there's more than half the tree leaves left when I have a silk worm which I normally do I infect the leaves
-I then make the tinker's construct tables and make a bone shovel (watch shift clicking here least you end up with 30 shovel heads LOL)
-I dig a trench around the ship at least 2 deep. If I found the silk worm early I will (when near the ship) block off the outside of the fuel cell but this is optional. once I get around the ship I check the leaves and see where the infection has spread.
-I crook the leaves and gather saplings and string.
-once you have 12 string and 3 wood planks you make a bed and by this time if you've been quick and lucky you have a bed and a lot of dust

Sleep and avoid the onrush of enemies

-following the few basic quests you can make dirt.
-sift dirt to get grass seed. I made a 5x5 area of dirt and sifted, planted and spread grass. Bonemeal grass for a ton of fruits and plants. I had a whole orchard by the end of day 5. I have peaches, lemons, walnuts, rice, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, you name it I probably have a plant for it. the fruit gives you some water and helps with hunger. Lets you focus on growing oak trees and sheering leaves for the cruicible or collecting saplings for the fluid transposer or even heck you can make dirt and turn into dirty water. There tons of options.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to make those outputs redstone controlled? I wish I could set them to be active/inactive via a switch.
I think they have the same redstone control as everything else in Pneumaticraft. (Which is similar to what TE has.)

What I do, is to use the output option that lets you type in the item name. I simply give it "X" as item name and nothing gets exported. If there is something in the chamber (transistors, plastic, whatever), simply delete the item name and it will spit out everything from the chamber.

MobGriefing is suppose to be off according to Iskandar but that'll be next patch
Which makes things like fighting the wither boss really easy. Build a little kill chamber (my normal room size is 2x5, 4 high), have the whither spawn in there and then whack away at his feet. You shouldn't take any damage. Make the walls and especially the ceiling two blocks thick, otherwise he might glitch out of the chamber and into the open.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen a mod that adds a large umbrella, such as you'd have on a deck? I tend to replace the shuttles co-pilots chair with a survival generator (to power the emergency beacon) and often place the chair on top of the ship......

riddick.jpg

I found some in tropiccraft, but that'd be an odd mod to add to this pack just for umbrellas....

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Has anyone seen a mod that adds a large umbrella, such as you'd have on a deck? I tend to replace the shuttles co-pilots chair with a survival generator (to power the emergency beacon) and often place the chair on top of the ship......

View attachment 12626

I found some in tropiccraft, but that'd be an odd mod to add to this pack just for umbrellas....
Make one out of carpet and some forge multiblocks... :)

I hope you are going to make an ocean to go along with it.... Too bad the vanilla water mechanics is disabled in this pack but I don't really think the reason should matter anymore since you can't use it for anything (i.e. no cauldron).

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Every once in awhile, mobs will spawn at night on my jungle trees as my harvester is chopping them down from the top to bottom. It normally chops them down bottom to top, but sometimes it two trees will be there and the harvester will chop one down correctly, but then go from top to bottom on the second one. I've tried putting chandeliers in various spots to prevent mob spawning, but the trees keep destroying the chandeliers. A magnum torch would be the obvious choice here but I've not found a single glistering melon or healing potion with the correct damage value to make a magnum torch. Only other option is to move the entire tree farm outside of my base so that it doesn't matter if mobs spawn in the trees at night or not.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Infinite water would make early farming quit a bit easier to expand, as well as early grinders........ plus I'm not sure you should be able to readily build oceans on a dust planet......

I found a decent looking pattern for one made out of beds.... if I can't find something better I may just break down and make my first bed in CL.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think they have the same redstone control as everything else in Pneumaticraft. (Which is similar to what TE has.)

What I do, is to use the output option that lets you type in the item name. I simply give it "X" as item name and nothing gets exported. If there is something in the chamber (transistors, plastic, whatever), simply delete the item name and it will spit out everything from the chamber.
I dunno about that; I don't think you can make an I/O port not export via a redstone lever. Please correct me :)

I do sort-of-similar to you for exports. I have different ports set to specific items, and when I'm not using those ports, I switch them to item-name to item-name mode which is set to ASDF. I don't have to time names or delete words anymore, just flip the mode button.