[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

scorns

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I wanna report a bug.
When I craft a camel pack with full of water: http://i.imgur.com/exCMkeQ.png
and I equip this item: http://i.imgur.com/2hjyMpU.png (have 3 empty bottles and 75/100 camel pack)
the crafted item will be "un-crafted": http://i.imgur.com/bBVAphN.png (have 3 full bottles and 0/100 camel pack)
I notice this bug when I switch between inventory tabs, or close and re-open inventory window.

Whats the problem?

Regards,
scorns

Can somebody help me please?

Jcewazhere

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for a way to light up large areas but I'm too used to using wrath lamps or the Thaumcraft lamps, so I added Greg's Lighting to the pack. It's nice but it has some issues. Greg's Lighting adds spotlights that create a line of invisible light emitters along a line about 50 blocks from the lamp. It doesn't interfere with tree growth but if a tree grows in the path, or if you accidentally build into the path of the spotlight it removes all of the invisible lights further along the light path. So by placing one wrong block or a tree growing in the wrong spot you could suddenly have a 50X15 block area go dark. There's a version of the light that uses no power, just 8 blocks of glowstone per spotlight, there's a version that uses water coal and bonemeal, and there's a version that uses IC2 power.
What would be really nice is a stand alone wrath lamp or a tech version of Thaumcraft's lamp. Some way to lessen the tons and tons of torches or glowstone corners spread all over the ground.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone survived more than 4 days with out a cheat? This is a ferocious mod/map. Can someone demonstrate how the sync thing works? Its doing nothing for me. Can't get the battery to behave.

You make 4 days? I have chronic heatstroke by day 3 with nothing close to a stable water supply yet.

Reactions: Pyure

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for a way to light up large areas but I'm too used to using wrath lamps or the Thaumcraft lamps, so I added Greg's Lighting to the pack. It's nice but it has some issues. Greg's Lighting adds spotlights that create a line of invisible light emitters along a line about 50 blocks from the lamp. It doesn't interfere with tree growth but if a tree grows in the path, or if you accidentally build into the path of the spotlight it removes all of the invisible lights further along the light path. So by placing one wrong block or a tree growing in the wrong spot you could suddenly have a 50X15 block area go dark. There's a version of the light that uses no power, just 8 blocks of glowstone per spotlight, there's a version that uses water coal and bonemeal, and there's a version that uses IC2 power.
What would be really nice is a stand alone wrath lamp or a tech version of Thaumcraft's lamp. Some way to lessen the tons and tons of torches or glowstone corners spread all over the ground.
Yes, use slabs or covers :)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Use glowstone nooks

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
yes use them they don't produce heat and they are cheaper. 1 glowstone block makes 32 nooks.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You make 4 days? I have chronic heatstroke by day 3 with nothing close to a stable water supply yet.
You need to get the slabs furnace by day 3. this will let you get iron ingots. you can take those and make shears. then put the leaves you get into the Trans which will give you saplings and water. Use the saplings as you wish.[DOUBLEPOST=1408970665][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tell me i can disable FMP and still complete CL. This is lame.
FMP?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
My strategy for the first days (worked every time since version 1.08):
- Do the first quest to get the camel pack, fill it up and equip it.
- Dig a 2 deep trench around the ship (with your bare hands) approx. 24x24
- Use the remainder of day (not a lot!) to build a wall on the inside of the trench
- Do a few more quests to get the birch sapling and start growing it.
- Keep an eye out for spiders!
- Sieve dust to get enough stones (24 for a slab furnace)
- Switch to sears asap
- I never use the transposer for water except for a few quest, I push for the crucible

Sometimes I do not melt the leaves fast enough and I need to boil dirty water but on average a single crucible (over lava) supports me forever. In fact I am still using a single crucible (approaching day 100), but now I generate the leaves with the planter/harvester combo.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My strategy for the first days (worked every time since version 1.08):
- Do the first quest to get the camel pack, fill it up and equip it.
- Use the remainder of day (not a lot!) to build a wall on the inside of the trench
- Do a few more quests to get the birch sapling and start growing it.
- Keep an eye out for spiders!
- Sieve dust to get enough stones (24 for a slab furnace)
- Switch to sears asap
- I never use the transposer for water except for a few quest, I push for the crucible

Sometimes I do not melt the leaves fast enough and I need to boil dirty water but on average a single crucible (over lava) supports me forever. In fact I am still using a single crucible (approaching day 100), but now I generate the leaves with the planter/harvester combo.
trans give more water cause you can put the saplings back in for more water. It will run fine on two surv generators.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I personally make a shovel asap. I wanna minimize the amount of "hot" work I do outside. It typically means cutting down 2-3 trees on day 1 before your trench/wall is at all safe.

Also, some people don't bother with the full trench on the first day. You can probably get by just digging a hole in front of your ship door. I haven't tried this though.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
trans give more water cause you can put the saplings back in for more water. It will run fine on two surv generators.
Yup, I see people do that, I just never found the need for it. I stick a hopper on top of the crucible, and some fluiducts (to get some distance from the lava) and a portable tank to refill my bottles. I use 2 trees and have enough to top off the hopper and have enough leaves left over for dirt production.

Oh, one more good tip (I think): The first few days don't try to kill all the creepers, just jump over the wall and walk 130 blocks in any one direction so that they despawn. This also helps finding cities for later exploration.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yup, I see people do that, I just never found the need for it. I stick a hopper on top of the crucible, and some fluiducts (to get some distance from the lava) and a portable tank to refill my bottles. I use 2 trees and have enough to top off the hopper and have enough leaves left over for dirt production.

Oh, one more good tip (I think): The first few days don't try to kill all the creepers, just jump over the wall and walk 130 blocks in any one direction so that they despawn. This also helps finding cities for later exploration.
i kill enough for the quest and then just leave the rest in the pit trap. they are to dangerous to mess with.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agreed; at that point your weapons suck too much to kill them quickly (unless there's only a few for some reason) Its a better use of your time to walk away and back.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed; at that point your weapons suck too much to kill them quickly (unless there's only a few for some reason) Its a better use of your time to walk away and back.

Actually a bone frying pan 2-hits creepers and knocks them out of trigger range. Also great on spiders. That said, why kill creepers at all when you can drop 2 dust on their heads and suffocate the lot of them?

Do the corners of your trench like this:
sIhQybt.jpg
Do the ends(if you have them) like this:
c26QBgU.jpg
The holes are 3 deep, will trap pretty much every mob that falls into the pit due to their pathing/AI. Can kill them from the top or drop 2-3 dust on them. Dropping the dust also has the bonus effect of pushing drops to the top from those mobs that burnt in the sun. So, in the morning wait till the burning stops, kill spiders, then go to your trench, drop 2-3 dust in a hole, jump in, get the drops, go to next hole, repeat till all holes done, then go back around and get the drops from the mobs you suffocated and remove the dust you dropped so you're ready for the next night. Very quick, very easy, fairly safe, lots of drops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Just went back to beta 1.0.3 (the version I came in on) and I must say this has come a long way since then! Congrats @Iskandar

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Shane2482

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Actually a bone frying pan 2-hits creepers and knocks them out of trigger range. Also great on spiders. That said, why kill creepers at all when you can drop 2 dust on their heads and suffocate the lot of them?
also the pan has the same damage as the hatchet in my test and when you level it it gains more knock back then i have seen on most weapon. Last one i tried go 4 knock back 1 defualt and then 3 from levels. that being said most mourning i have like 20 creepers.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
You totally missed my point. It doesn't have anything to do with enderium or flux-infused. It is the pneumaticraft that is a pain in the ass. They don't even need enderium.

Go manually farm a stack of lightning seeds.
Go manually farm a stack of squid seeds.
Stand in front of a pressure chamber watching it put 1 item in a time when you've got 128 iron, 128 seeds, and 128 redstone. Watch it lose pressure every time it opens the door to put one of those items in so nothing happens until after everything is in and pressure is built back up. Thinking about it it would actually make a lot more sense to not use the input, just break the chamber and dump all 6 stacks in then reseal it. I should have thought of that before.

A servo into the itemduct, set it to pull out 32 items at once from the chest. A couple of speed upgrades into the IO interface. I'm using a 4x4 chamber and can make a full stack of transistors and capacitors before the air in the chamber gets low. (For whatever reason it starts eating items, if I set the stack size to 64.)

The air pressure is also automated. The signal from the pressure gauge goes into a PRC, there it is compared against "Less Than" 9 (=4.5 bar). As long as the pressure is lower, it sends a redstone signal to an energy cell. The energy cell supplies kinetic compressors with powers. (Only 100RF for three of them together, any higher and it always blew up the pressure tubes.)

Bone mealing a stack of seed takes only 2-3 minutes, so far Pneumaticraft was really painless.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i have to say unlike the other mobs there is no reason to kill the creepers if you have them contained. you get gunpowder from sieving.

Reactions: pc_assassin