[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You could follow vanilla tree farm mechanics and place a solid block at whatever height. it'd limit the overall height of the tree, but that shouldn't be a major issue. TBH I'm not sure if glowstone is considered solid, but if you kept the trees to a height at which they didn't branch you should be able to place whatever lights you want to around the area.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was generally disabled as it has some block duplication bugs. I have not gone to look in CL though

That would be too bad. I've never seen these duplicate blocks, but dang they are just so cool. Nothing like building big bay doors that retract on redstone signals! Galacticraft has some nice proximity driven bay doors too.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You could follow vanilla tree farm mechanics and place a solid block at whatever height. it'd limit the overall height of the tree, but that shouldn't be a major issue. TBH I'm not sure if glowstone is considered solid, but if you kept the trees to a height at which they didn't branch you should be able to place whatever lights you want to around the area.
These are the giant jungle trees and I want them to be large. I did use solid blocks for the chandeliers to sit on, and even the blocks get destroyed sometimes. I do know you can limit the size of trees though with that vanilla mechanic though.

Just setup a 62x62 ender-quarry. I didn't realize they place grass blocks at the surface, I though it would only be dirt. Also, there is flowers, roses, harvestcraft food and saplings spawning on top of the grass randomly.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
These are the giant jungle trees and I want them to be large. I did use solid blocks for the chandeliers to sit on, and even the blocks get destroyed sometimes. I do know you can limit the size of trees though with that vanilla mechanic though.

Just setup a 62x62 ender-quarry. I didn't realize they place grass blocks at the surface, I though it would only be dirt. Also, there is flowers, roses, harvestcraft food and saplings spawning on top of the grass randomly.
That is a nice function I too had forgotten about..... extremely handy on this map.......

*summons Iskandar and the nerf hammer*

lol

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Every once in awhile, mobs will spawn at night on my jungle trees as my harvester is chopping them down from the top to bottom. It normally chops them down bottom to top, but sometimes it two trees will be there and the harvester will chop one down correctly, but then go from top to bottom on the second one. I've tried putting chandeliers in various spots to prevent mob spawning, but the trees keep destroying the chandeliers. A magnum torch would be the obvious choice here but I've not found a single glistering melon or healing potion with the correct damage value to make a magnum torch. Only other option is to move the entire tree farm outside of my base so that it doesn't matter if mobs spawn in the trees at night or not.
This isn't really a solution, but my tree-farm is on the roof of my complex (which is completely enclosed). So even if something spawned up there, it can't get down unless it figures out how to use OpenBlocks elevators.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Iskander has been mighty quiet lately as he works on version 1.1.3.....be afraid....very afraid

Remember, "I hate you and want you to die." :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Reactions: Shane2482

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Eskander has been mighty quiet lately as he works on version 1.1.3.....be afraid....very afraid

Remember, "I hate you and want you to die." :)
Is it just me? I love it when I hear mod/pack authors say that. That said from what I can see on this forum the consensus seems to be going the opposite direction. I see an awful lot of posts asking for things to be easier, and screenshots from players adding mods that would make things far easier....... :-(

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think the ender-quarry should be removed too. It turns dust into dirt and you can use it to clear out an entire building or even the entire city if you have enough power and storage space. It's kinda OP.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about that; I don't think you can make an I/O port not export via a redstone lever. Please correct me :)
Nope, you are right. Just checked and there is no redstone tab for the IO port.
Cursed Endermen drop glistering melon.
One full afternoon of running the Cursed Earth spawner and one single melon so far.

But now that we know what drops them, it's just a matter of keeping an eye on the spawns around base. Then a safari net, "Spawn exact copy" and that problem is solved as well. :)

Reactions: Pyure

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think the ender-quarry should be removed too. It turns dust into dirt and you can use it to clear out an entire building or even the entire city if you have enough power and storage space. It's kinda OP.
It does come rather late game..... if the end game on this map is terraforming the enderquarry is a major tool. I have a different view for the map, but I'm just one voice, and not Iskandar.

edit: I really thought it was later game than that......... I'd never looked all that closely at the recipie

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me? I love it when I hear mod/pack authors say that. That said from what I can see on this forum the consensus seems to be going the opposite direction. I see an awful lot of posts asking for things to be easier, and screenshots from players adding mods that would make things far easier....... :-(

I hear ya, "can I turn off hardcore? The easy quest route is still too hard. There should be more food in the starting chest."

Maybe Iskandar should release "Crash Landing Nerf World" Complete with Bioms O Plenty, Modular Powersuits, Dartcraft, Forestry, Extra Bees, etc....

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
pneumaticcraft drones can terraform just as well. I don't see much problem in using drones to destroy an entire city, but the enderquarry doing it is a bit too easy.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
speaking of recipes. Just watched EP3 of DW20. hehe Ok, I was off one episode and predicted the cursing iskandar for last one tounge in cheek. Well, go watch. Towards the end, alot of hillarity ensues. I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.[DOUBLEPOST=1408991991][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hear ya, "can I turn off hardcore? The easy quest route is still too hard. There should be more food in the starting chest."

Maybe Iskandar should release "Crash Landing Nerf World" Complete with Bioms O Plenty, Modular Powersuits, Dartcraft, Forestry, Extra Bees, etc....
I wants me some dartcraft! :) I could use bane SO MUCH right now with all the creepers. You forgot natura so you can get those redstone farms from trees.... that's my favorite engine to run off of with that combo.

artik15

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
I have a problem. I want to unlock 3rd tab of quests (technological revolution) but i can't find out what i need to do. I activated editor mode and i saw this. The required quest doesn't exist. Please help
http://imgur.com/4ZYjFDf

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
on a side note those that are having trouble with pneumaticcraft direwolv20 does a tutorial on that mod.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf's cobble gen is pretty sweet if I do say so. Way better than mine. I like the banter back and forth.

In other thoughts, I'm trying to expand my farm and my orchard but I'd like to expand them virtically. It seems though that you can't plant trees underground. Is underground a direct line of light to the sun? a light level? or a y level? Having issues with that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It seems though that you can't plant trees underground. Is underground a direct line of light to the sun? a light level? or a y level? Having issues with that.

I didn't know about this. I do have an underground garden but not a tree farm. Have you tried a higher roof and better light?

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I almost forgot, I think we should also start in creative so mobs can't hurt us and if we need food/water, we can easily get it. OH! And a giant straw so I can carry around a barrel holding 200k water and not worry about hydration. Hey lets unban magmatic dynamos, but only let them output 0.01 RF a tic. That would be funny &%@#! :D