[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned above you have to use the little stones you get from sieving dust and dirt. You can also get stones by using a hammer on smooth stone which is how I was able to setup a 6 high smeltery and a full size high oven by day 15. Please note though 1skandar has mentioned on Twitter that this functionality will be removed in 1.1.3 so that you again will be forced to scavenge parts from cities to get the smeltery and high oven going. You will still be able to get seared stone by putting cobble in a high oven.

so this way is kinda unintended?

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned above you have to use the little stones you get from sieving dust and dirt. You can also get stones by using a hammer on smooth stone which is how I was able to setup a 6 high smeltery and a full size high oven by day 15. Please note though 1skandar has mentioned on Twitter that this functionality will be removed in 1.1.3 so that you again will be forced to scavenge parts from cities to get the smeltery and high oven going. You will still be able to get seared stone by putting cobble in a high oven.[DOUBLEPOST=1408813944][/DOUBLEPOST]

Shift right click the faucet onto the side of the crucible. You can also use the liquid ducts from TE to extract seared stone or any liquid from crucibles.
Alright cool, thanks for the reply :)
Any idea about the exploding creeper problem..? My MobGrief is false, but whenever my Grinder kills a creeper, has a chance of exploding and knocking off my piping..

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea about the exploding creeper problem..? My MobGrief is false, but whenever my Grinder kills a creeper, has a chance of exploding and knocking off my piping..
That "minor" griefing is not "mobgriefing" it's actually a function of the pnuematicraft creeper seeds...... As of now I haven't heard of anyway to turn it off, I'd advise building to compensate.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Run pipes underground, I did and don't have any problems. Don't use covers either, use full blocks.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
As mentioned above you have to use the little stones you get from sieving dust and dirt. You can also get stones by using a hammer on smooth stone which is how I was able to setup a 6 high smeltery and a full size high oven by day 15. Please note though 1skandar has mentioned on Twitter that this functionality will be removed in 1.1.3 so that you again will be forced to scavenge parts from cities to get the smeltery and high oven going. You will still be able to get seared stone by putting cobble in a high oven.
Are you sure about this? I swear I saw iskandar state that he liked this as the counter balance to the going to city part and was keeping it in.[DOUBLEPOST=1408819585][/DOUBLEPOST]
Another option is to use steve's factory manager. the cables seem able to resist those explosions. It's what I setup.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure about this? I swear I saw iskandar state that he liked this as the counter balance to the going to city part and was keeping it in.

Quotes from Twitter..

Iskandar:
PSA to those who are complaining about having to salvage for smelteries: You only need either 1 high smeltery or a 3 high High Oven.

Mar5upilami:
Or a crucible, stones and the casting table you get as a reward. 100% possible to make a smeltery and oven without salvaging :p

Iskandar:
For the moment. I will be nerf hammering that shortly

Reactions: Shane2482

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Quotes from Twitter..
from this forum:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-1-1-x-beta-stable.46277/page-163#post-734678

Iskandar: Yeah. That should very neatly solve the scavenge versus build problem. You'll need to scavenge to get a bare bones going. But from there you can then build more. I really like that. So it stays. And I'll add it to the quest book.

He didn't reply to a single post, just posted to thread, but they were talking about just this same thing, so yeah, I am not sure twitter is correct, but I could be wrong. Oh @Iskandar.... :)

Reactions: Shane2482

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Another lost world. I just can't stop playing this, no matter how many times I perma-die.

I do want to make 1 complaint. The creeper-riding ghasts are utterly OP. Ghasts in the Nether make a lot of ambient noise for a good reason; they're dangerous. However, I don't remember hearing the creeper-carrying ghast that got me in my latest playthrough. Sigh. I just might start building a roof to prevent this in the future.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
from this forum:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-1-1-x-beta-stable.46277/page-163#post-734678

Iskandar: Yeah. That should very neatly solve the scavenge versus build problem. You'll need to scavenge to get a bare bones going. But from there you can then build more. I really like that. So it stays. And I'll add it to the quest book.

He didn't reply to a single post, just posted to thread, but they were talking about just this same thing, so yeah, I am not sure twitter is correct, but I could be wrong. Oh @Iskandar.... :)
on the twitter he was talking about using the small stones to get seared brick this is a bug that can be used to avoied going to the city so it will be removed in 113.
The forum post was about using cobble in the high oven he removed the ability to smelt cobble in the smeltery but forgot about the high oven however do to the complants about getting seared bricks he has decided to keep this.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, have you ever considered making crops not grow under cover? Not sure how Eyamaz did it, but it might be kind of handy here as well.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Curse you damage values. Can't make magnum torches with the instant health potions witches drop.

Another lost world. I just can't stop playing this, no matter how many times I perma-die.

I do want to make 1 complaint. The creeper-riding ghasts are utterly OP. Ghasts in the Nether make a lot of ambient noise for a good reason; they're dangerous. However, I don't remember hearing the creeper-carrying ghast that got me in my latest playthrough. Sigh. I just might start building a roof to prevent this in the future.
The ghasts that spawn in the overworld do not make any noise, it's intended that they are stealthy. They are programmed to swoop down and pick up random mobs too, and don't spawn with mobs already riding them. I've gone 200+ days in my world with no roof over my entire area. I just keep a look out for ghasts at night and pick them off with my needlegun when I see them. A roof is a good idea though.

scorns

Jul 29, 2019

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.. i start playing the last patch a few night ago... first time playing a hardcore quest world... I love it so far... but i dont understand the diminishing returns in food...

After a few night i start notice that the count for the diminishing returns in food keep going down... even when i make new type of food... all the food that i have (jerky, mushroom, breed, fruits...) have the same number... so anything that I eat... drop it one down...

if that's not the way to work... how can i reset it...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
please see the other forum, all this is answered elsewhere.

if my other reply doesn't help you go ahead and re-post here

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.. i start playing the last patch a few night ago... first time playing a hardcore quest world... I love it so far... but i dont understand the diminishing returns in food...

After a few night i start notice that the count for the diminishing returns in food keep going down... even when i make new type of food... all the food that i have (jerky, mushroom, breed, fruits...) have the same number... so anything that I eat... drop it one down...

if that's not the way to work... how can i reset it...
Diminishing returns starts after you eat 36 of anything. Then you have to start cycling through different foods after that. Morsels you can eat 9 times before they don't give any hunger back, 7 times for snacks, 6 times for most light meals, 5 times for some light meals and meals and up until large meals and feasts, which can be eaten freely without any limits.

Reactions: xcuad

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Diminishing returns starts after you eat 36 of anything. Then you have to start cycling through different foods after that. Morsels you can eat 9 times before they don't give any hunger back, 7 times for snacks, 6 times for most light meals, 5 times for some light meals and meals and up until large meals and feasts, which can be eaten freely without any limits.

Thanks... now i understand it...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Also if you take the time to make like 6 stacks of squid seeds and 6 stacks of lightning seeds, that will give you 2 stacks of circuit boards in one shot, then you don't have to deal with seeds for a long time. I always tend to mass produce anything I'm going to need a lot of in the long run. Just commit to doing one thing at a time and make a ton of it.

I'll quit playing before I "take the time" to manually make 12 stacks of seeds all at once or I'll just cheat the plastic in instead since all it is challenging is my willingness to stand in place swinging seeds and bonemeal. "Do more pneumaticraft" isn't the answer when the problem is "I don't like pneumaticraft mechanics." The seeds really feel like a placeholder mechanic, particularly in a pack where their natural propagation doesn't work in many cases.

I prefer recipes that challenge my ability to find/obtain the ingredients over those that challenge my ability to do grunt work. Put in recipes where I can trade nether stars for stacks of plastic, fighting Wither now and then is fun.

Oh and on the diminishing returns people should look closely at what it actually says. It isn't items, it is hunger units. That is why the larger meals aren't subject to diminishing returns. They generate so many hunger units that you reset the count before reaching diminishing returns. Seems like a loophole/oversight to me.

Last edited:

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
This is bit scary but weird smokes are coming out of the ship and I am getting heat strokes despite we running around with adequate amounts of water and a filled camel pack.
I moved all the heat sources like torches lava and pyrotheum outside, but the smoke still haunts me. I'm now living in an outside shack away from the weirdness in the ship.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and on the diminishing returns people should look closely at what it actually says. It isn't items, it is hunger units. That is why the larger meals aren't subject to diminishing returns. They generate so many hunger units that you reset the count before reaching diminishing returns. Seems like a loophole/oversight to me.
It was set to items instead of hunger units in an earlier version, but people complained and he changed it to be easier. I actually preferred the hard way and I liked how it was set so that food only stacked to 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, and 1 depending on how nourishing the meal was. I think it was v1.0.7 that had it this way. Made making feasts not so great when you can only put 1 in a slot at a time.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer recipes that challenge my ability to find/obtain the ingredients over those that challenge my ability to do grunt work.

There is no challenge to finding ingredients in any ex nihilo pack. The challenge is in setting up automation, after that you have more raw materials than you can possibly use. It really is far too easy to get unlimited resources, which I guess is why Iskandar gated technology behind the grindy Pneumatic raft.

And if you can't stand Pneumaticraft, this is not the pack for you!

Me… I grind through the process of growing out a few stacks of green black and blue seeds in one shot… that takes maybe 15 minutes. Looking at the Big Picture, you've probably already spent 30 minutes crooking leaves, another 15 minutes bonemealing and shearing leaves… so 15 minutes to grow seeds isn't a big deal.

And yes, it's MUCH better to break two blocks of the pressure chamber than it is to use the IO interfaces.

Have fun, and
KeepOnDigging!