[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question.
Is there any way to make a normal crash landing world but in survival mode???
I hate hardcore...
You can by getting nbtexplorer, then navigate to where your save is then in level.dat change hardcore to 0. I've had to do this a couple of times simple because I don't feel that I should be punished when a mod (sync) is bugged and pushes me in to a wall/kills me when I'm transporting to one shell to another.

ALSO BEFORE YOU DO THIS MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVE, THINGS CAN ALWAYS GO WRONG EVEN DOING THE MOST SIMPLEST OF THINGS!

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Hey... i want to make the quest for the smeltery... but i dont know what to look in the cities... i dont fine any seared blocks... and is too dangerous look for something that i dont know what it is

i read that he allow to use high oven because you have to savage the resources for the smeltery... but i cant make scorched bricks without and smeltery... or do I?
i have the crucible.. but i cant smelt the seared bricks there

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Hey... i want to make the quest for the smeltery... but i dont know what to look in the cities... i dont fine any seared blocks... and is too dangerous look for something that i dont know what it is

i read that he allow to use high oven because you have to savage the resources for the smeltery... but i cant make scorched bricks without and smeltery... or do I?

The building I've found smeltery and high oven componenants in was two stories tall, with a longer 1st floor, and an openblocks elevator to the second floor (I think it was openblocks and not pneumaticcraft). Of course, when I found one such building it had two, yes two blaze spawners on the first floor with most of the goodies. On the upside, just plopping a waterbucket down makes things a zillion times safer...

Speaking of dangerous stuff, am I the only one who has fallen in love with the tuberous flux capacitor? Waaaaaay before I was capable of making an energetic infuser (I am now, but haven't because I'm lazy), I selected the leadstone jetpack engines as a quest reward, but then realized oh geez how will I charge this. Well. The answer was potatoes. The answer is always potatoes. Now I have a handy dandy battery that I can charge hardened capacitors with AND snack on.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

temporarily you can make seared stone by melting stones in a crucible. large volumes can be acquired by hammering smoothstone,

The long term and more legitimate method is to search the city...... look for chimneys.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Eh, I've enjoyed plenty of other modpacks with stuff gated by a mod I didn't find that enjoyable. Don't enjoy Witchery but that didn't stop me from having a blast with Blood n' Bones.

This pack gave me good enough reasons to build some domes so at the end of the day I'm happy.

0VVZWpn.jpg
those are very cool looking. I'd hate to see what your agskies stuff looks like *hehe*

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Thanks to some inspiration from podonnel, I redid my sync chamber. Put stack of dirt then sync on top and all sides are nothing but air, but it's enclosed in a box, outside my ship. If I die from suffocation again, I'll be very easilly able to see wtf is going on, but yeah, I think a warning and/or a space in the ship needs to be made so that this doesn't happen to other people. You assume that sync will work, but when it doesn't, you're screwed. If/when it happens again, I'll report back.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The building I've found smeltery and high oven componenants in was two stories tall, with a longer 1st floor, and an openblocks elevator to the second floor (I think it was openblocks and not pneumaticcraft). Of course, when I found one such building it had two, yes two blaze spawners on the first floor with most of the goodies. On the upside, just plopping a waterbucket down makes things a zillion times safer...

Speaking of dangerous stuff, am I the only one who has fallen in love with the tuberous flux capacitor? Waaaaaay before I was capable of making an energetic infuser (I am now, but haven't because I'm lazy), I selected the leadstone jetpack engines as a quest reward, but then realized oh geez how will I charge this. Well. The answer was potatoes. The answer is always potatoes. Now I have a handy dandy battery that I can charge hardened capacitors with AND snack on.

if you think those are awesome, you should try out the tuberous jetpack :) hehe I laughed so hard the first time I threw one out over the wall at this crowd of mobs and a skeleton gave me a nice show yayyyyyy :)

btw, you are talking about using the tuberous cap charging the other caps, right? I have always wondered if you could charge an energy cell with a capacitor. Just realized, I never tried picking up the energy cell and putting it in my hotbar and see if that works. hmmm

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
Since i've nearly done all the quest (only got the mob spawn quests to do) been wondering what would be a "end game" senario. I'm kinda tossed between is it that when everything is automated and all i have to do is sit in a chair while water/food is thrown at me by machines or is it creating a aqueous accumulator, as they are very expensive to make. I don't need a accumulator as i've got plenty of water to spare, but creating one in its self is a pretty big goal.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Since i've nearly done all the quest (only got the mob spawn quests to do) been wondering what would be a "end game" senario. I'm kinda tossed between is it that when everything is automated and all i have to do is sit in a chair while water/food is thrown at me by machines or is it creating a aqueous accumulator, as they are very expensive to make. I don't need a accumulator as i've got plenty of water to spare, but creating one in its self is a pretty big goal.
You shouldn't even bother making an aqueous accumulator, as they are nerfed to produce water extremely slowly even with source blocks of water next to it. I guess endgame would be: make a MFR laser drill and a big reactor and/or big turbine, big enough to power the laser drill (IE 20k+ RF/t) and setup a full AE network.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'mm hooked on that stupid golem factory mod pack...rofl. I just stand around while the golems do everything for me and i just buy more supplies for the "workers". I can't quit playing. Think i played last night for 8 hours. rofl
When is the next update coming out? any word?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug with the quest book? Once on a page i have to log out and back to get back to the first page. Is there a key to do this, or am i missing something?

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't even bother making an aqueous accumulator, as they are nerfed to produce water extremely slowly even with source blocks of water next to it. I guess endgame would be: make a MFR laser drill and a big reactor and/or big turbine, big enough to power it (IE 20k+ RF/t) and setup a full AE network.
huh, completely forgot MFR lasers were a thing, guess that is something. I already have a reactor 5*5*5 running but it doesn't produce enough to power a laser along with my other machines so i guess that is something to work on. I mainly wanted to make a accumulator simply cause of the complexity of it, which would need a fairly robust AE system/along with a shat load of resources to craft.
I still need a better AE system as atm its really really basic, as some AE components are a pain to make.

Pyro5408

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Creeper griefing should be off. Then again, pyrotheum powered creeper explosions might be exempt from that.

My first night the creeper explosions from the spilled lava created a crater to bedrock. I have to manually turn off griefing.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a bug (although i don't see how it wouldn't be), but it appears that when a grinder has a fluidduct pumping out the mob essence it seems to double the output. Is any one having this issue/ is it a known bug?
Seems to only affect the grinder though nothing else, although it might affect other MFR machines that produce any form of liquid I haven't really looked into it enough. I just noticed that when i had switched to Ender IO fluid conduits that the output was different and sure enough the fluidduct is the issue. The grinder should be only producing 100mb per mob however when it is pumped out via a duct it doubles it.

It's a know and long standing bug with fluid ducts that in certain setups they will dupe fluids (even more reason to not use them IMO). I'm not going to explain how to reproduces this exploit but it's know and will not be fixed by the TE crew.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I'll quit playing before I "take the time" to manually make 12 stacks of seeds all at once or I'll just cheat the plastic in instead since all it is challenging is my willingness to stand in place swinging seeds and bonemeal. "Do more pneumaticraft" isn't the answer when the problem is "I don't like pneumaticraft mechanics." The seeds really feel like a placeholder mechanic, particularly in a pack where their natural propagation doesn't work in many cases.

I prefer recipes that challenge my ability to find/obtain the ingredients over those that challenge my ability to do grunt work. Put in recipes where I can trade nether stars for stacks of plastic, fighting Wither now and then is fun.

Oh and on the diminishing returns people should look closely at what it actually says. It isn't items, it is hunger units. That is why the larger meals aren't subject to diminishing returns. They generate so many hunger units that you reset the count before reaching diminishing returns. Seems like a loophole/oversight to me.

You could easily add recipes that would allow you to use dyes to color MFR plastic to get the colored sheets. Some dyes are hard than others to get in the pack, but green, light blue, and black would not be extremely hard and could be farmed.

Reactions: Shane2482

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
It's a know and long standing bug with fluid ducts that in certain setups they will dupe fluids (even more reason to not use them IMO). I'm not going to explain how to reproduces this exploit but it's know and will not be fixed by the TE crew.
Never really used fluid ducts always had use AE stuff to transport liquids or going into a tank, kinda makes me want to use the exploit for another MFR machine but i think i'll stick to a more "legit" way. As it seems pretty cheap and pointless, plus i get to build more elaborate setups to do monotonous repetitive tasks.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Can any of you show me how smeltery/pneumatic buildings look like in the minimap? couse all i find are offices and random buildings

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Can any of you show me how smeltery/pneumatic buildings look like in the minimap? couse all i find are offices and random buildings
Don't know about the minimap, but look at the chimneys. They are very distinct. Also, skirt around the town first, sometimes you can see them from the outside (out of spawn rage) already).

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
appearently TC building looks like this
S5UXbED.png

but how do pneumatic building look?
p.s. found 2 ardite and 2 cobalt guess im upgrading from bone weapon to manyulin or cobalt weapon :d