[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, my brain is fried from too much minechem. I figure I spent enough time out of this pack to get me back in the mood. So, I loaded up and walked the walls and did one of my favorite things. Lure all of em near one area, and poke head out enough to get a reaction, then back up a bunch and listen to them fight like it's thanksgiving dinner, and use my axe to pick up all the loot magnetically. Now with mob griefing off, it's hysterical to hear the explosion and then all these mobs fly in air, alot die, but some don't and the bow wielders all take potshots at me before falling back down. Rinse repeat and I'm kicking their collective butts MBA style. I'm making them do the work while I sit there collect all the goodies. I feel like such a middle manager, it's not funny.

btw, I see 3. THREE UNO DOS TRES T-H-R-E-E freaking skel babies running around back there in the darkness like the road runner found a meth lab or something. please tell me those are going the hell away and staying away.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
1) not the point. If they are registering as player kills somehow, even if they die in one blow, there might be a chance that takes affect anyway.

2) yeah. I watched it this afternoon. You can actually sense the fear and apprehension in their voice. I love that one part where direwolf started cussing out iskandar. that was hillarious. /toungue-in-cheek :)
the chance per hit only counts if they live the posted wiki entry says so. If you one shot it it shouldn't spawn more zombies. it works kind of like silver fish. I think the problem is it looks easy so it takes people off guard when it turns out hard.[DOUBLEPOST=1408756510][/DOUBLEPOST]1.8 has been announced for sept 2....hehehehehehe :)

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i cannot get it to work 1.1.2 it wont even load the pack
Crash Report
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v 1.1.2 MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 5887
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Additional java parameters: -Xms256m -XX:permSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
Aug 22, 2014 3:18:18 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Aug 22, 2014 3:18:18 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Please help :(

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
well, I have an answer to one question. Thought I'd find another city and found one, then wanted to know if it had a reactor bldg, didn't since I found the post someone included pic which included their coords. I was near those coords and in a city. Those coords didn't take me to another city. it was wasteland. Thus. Every one of us will have that first city where it is, but it'll be choosing it's own random areas to put the other cities. sigh. onwards with my looking I guess. gliders are awesome. coupled with a crappy jetpack, they are even more awesome.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok. so, found out the hard way one 'issue' looking for cities in a glider. You're sailing around, not a care in the world, then suddenly boom, you're falling. right click glider multiple times, nope. land, don't die, 2 health pig zombie kills me in 'now formed' city that I see as I'm blasting away to my sync shell (which doesn't kill me too). sigh. I've been swapping jetpack in/out with camel pack in flight. Guess I should do that less.

Ok, so this is like millenaire. lotta lag and you can be right over spot when city forms around you, but glider just falls from sky, so beware. I have a pig to kill.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You know what this pack needs?

A recipe to make something with flint. I have barrels of useless flint, unless I decide to make a few thousand pulverizers.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
anyone having trouble with the quest putting pressure to work? I have a plastic sheet, but it's purple I made it in the pressure chamber. It won't accept it. Does it have to be green?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
anyone having trouble with the quest putting pressure to work? I have a plastic sheet, but it's purple I made it in the pressure chamber. It won't accept it. Does it have to be green?
The plastic sheet quests are color-specific. There's several of them; the NEI will tell you what seeds you need to use to get the correct color.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You know what this pack needs?

A recipe to make something with flint. I have barrels of useless flint, unless I decide to make a few thousand pulverizers.
disposable flint tools? Maybe iskandar can make a big boy pants pair of pants armor made out of compressed flint :}

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, the book thing. I see how that works, but yeah, only good for a stack at a time.

Found my pig and found my 3rd city and yeah, my 3rd city also had the reactor building. it's alot easier to tackle that puppy from top. *kisses leadstone jetpack*. shane, that's a cool looking building. I'm sorry I gutted it. :( not really. I am home now with enough stuff to setup more stuff. yay progress through death and destruction instead of floating seeds and explosions and ctd's. I can't wait till dw gets to PC stuff. Death by exploooooossions.

Reactions: Shane2482

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
The plastic sheet quests are color-specific. There's several of them; the NEI will tell you what seeds you need to use to get the correct color.

fair enough I was wondering because the text in the quest book says any kind of pneumatic craft seed. :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
disposable flint tools? Maybe iskandar can make a big boy pants pair of pants armor made out of compressed flint :}
Lol, Well, at least in the early game you could make flint ticon arrow heads..... but with the free needle gun and huge numbers of mob dropped arrows I don't see many doing that.

I know it's MC but flint armor REALLY wouldn't work very well. As someone who experiments with flint knapping...... the idea of hanging a bunch of it off my body and running into battle is....... unpleasant.....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Lol, Well, at least in the early game you could make flint ticon arrow heads..... but with the free needle gun and huge numbers of mob dropped arrows I don't see many doing that.

I know it's MC but flint armor REALLY wouldn't work very well. As someone who experiments with flint knapping...... the idea of hanging a bunch of it off my body and running into battle is....... unpleasant.....
I have no clue what flint knapping is, but yeah, that's why they're called big boy pants. You have to be a REAL man to have flint right up against your unmentionables.... of course, how dumb would we look wearing wood armor around pretending we're ENT's or something. Yup. I whittled this myself... hey, stay away from me with that flint and steel...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Flint knapping is the method used for turning flakes of various flints into usable tools. It's generally associated with arrow heads, axes and such, but there are some modern optomologists using flint blades for eye surgery. I am a rank noob at the proccess, but have a working knowledge.

Well I think of the wooden armor as being something like the bark cloth traditionally worn by natives in the pacific northwest. In short many types of coniferous bark can be pounded into a type of "cloth"......... I've never been able to make anything i would call functional, but there is documentation of it being used.[DOUBLEPOST=1408763891][/DOUBLEPOST]
*looks up flint knapping*. Ok. I'm staying away from you from now on.
I've been described by many as a font of useless knowledge....., please don't take my experiments in primitive weaponry as a threat :)

I'm just a curious sort.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

witherskid

Jul 29, 2019
stay in theship and build off of that is s much safer thn building yor on and definatlly don't start out going to a city!!!!!

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
Hate the fact that when you smelt down perfectly made Seared Brick (not the broken kind, the one you make with 4x4 Bricks) and only get 1 brick :<

Reactions: Brickman221