[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Never liked Modular Powersuits, always seemed way too OP (i mean, even compared to the quantum armor from ic2) and it does kinda render any other armor, weapons and the jetpacks mod totally worthless.
I do have to say i like the pack, moving smelteries and high ovens into the city kinda took me by surprise and i ended up cordening myself off in a factory building to survive a night, those strongboxes are very handy to store items in when you go exploring the city, lol.
Also, anyone complaining about death: Y'all never heard of backing up your world?

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
*cough change nbt data for hardcore to 0 *cough... thats if you really don't like the hardcore nature of the save/ if you've invested too much time on the save. But once you get a sync system set up dying just become a minor nuisance.
Powersuits is a little overpowered, but too get to that stage you do need too invest quite a bit into it. Again not really sure yet whether i'm going too add it or not..

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
*cough change nbt data for hardcore to 0 *cough... thats if you really don't like the hardcore nature of the save/ if you've invested too much time on the save. But once you get a sync system set up dying just become a minor nuisance.
Powersuits is a little overpowered, but too get to that stage you do need too invest quite a bit into it. Again not really sure yet whether i'm going too add it or not..
It depends on the resource cost of the suits, in my opinion. Besides how the recipes could be modified, I'm not sure what parts would be used with the current modset. I think, though, that it would be more balanced if all the suit parts required machine frames, and all the tools and such required at least one of the various Logic Expansion Cards (whatever they're called) as a base component. I don't know if you can change the suit bench recipes though.

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
well it can use thermal expansion recipes, assuming it would adopt the changes (PC stuff) made could make it "balanced". I'm gonna have a dick around with this and report back, as cool as it is and as much as I want it i think it will be way to overpowered.

Something something nerf this and that.

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar you have made a a very cool game. Took me 4 deaths to realize the ?'s in the quest book is where to get saplings but I am enjoying the game. Nice Job.

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on the resource cost of the suits, in my opinion. Besides how the recipes could be modified, I'm not sure what parts would be used with the current modset. I think, though, that it would be more balanced if all the suit parts required machine frames, and all the tools and such required at least one of the various Logic Expansion Cards (whatever they're called) as a base component. I don't know if you can change the suit bench recipes though.
After having a look at MPS, atm it does require a PC set up for you to make the armor decent and useable, so I personally think the crafting side of things is okish. Although once you get a decent sieve/smelting system up resources don't really matter. But having a look at the config i think it would be a little too game breaking, I really do want an iron man suit so i'm gonna go ahead and nerf some things.
BTW apparently according to my setup MPS doesn't like the shader mod, very weird. *shrugs doesn't really matter having shaders on was fine untill i went to the city... oh boy 15 fps!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Has anyone tried converting these to "real" books via the jabba barrel unifier ability?
Can confirm this does not work (for me). I'm surprised. Especially considering:

If you have a good book in your inventory when you break a chisel bookcase the new books will be usable. The opposite is also true so make sure you break a regular bookcase first. Any time you combine stacks this happens so you should have a ton of books.
This works. Don't need to break the bookcase either, you can just throw the books on the ground and pick them up, they auto-combine into whatever book you have in your inventory.[DOUBLEPOST=1408279053][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a 2x2 water hole on level 57 under my base. Will it ever spawn squids?

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 2x2 water hole on level 57 under my base. Will it ever spawn squids?
yup just give it some time, although you might need to do it when there are hardly any mobs about as it will cap off at a certain limit, i.e best time it could spawn is during the day.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yup just give it some time, although you might need to do it when there are hardly any mobs about as it will cap off at a certain limit, i.e best time it could spawn is during the day.
Thanks. Still nothing after a few mc days, but I'll keep at it. (maybe create a couple more ponds to speed things up)

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Still nothing after a few mc days, but I'll keep at it. (maybe create a couple more ponds to speed things up)
yeah when i was trying to get ink I got really lucky, pretty much as soon as a had placed a second bucket down in a 2*2 hole and turned around to get another bucket, it spawned. So its mostly just luck really... but yeah more water sources should give a better chance.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
you only need so many books, and I probably have about 4-5 stacks of real ones so getting rid of the bad books as I went isn't such a big deal. I will definately try the idea of dropping them and seeing them 'unify' to normal ones. that'd be cool if it works.

As far as powersuits, yeah, my problem with those set pieces is the camel pack. w/o it, you just start heating up too fast. Sad part, is that a powersuit would be perfect thing to hydrate you if there was an addon to add it to chest piece or head piece or whatever. tie it into the water buckets (used to combat heat) and you'd have an auto-filling/filtering camel pack that you just need to half submerge yourself in water and you'd be good to go. that would be awesome late game. but yeah. waking up from reality right about now and nope. :( Although, if I made mods, I think it would be simple to find the nbt data on player added by environmine and then update it appropriately with a plugin for powersuits or even make it something that rests in the bauble inventory and works the same as what is used now. that is such a roadblock for armor, etc.. (although, I'm sure that's the intended reason for it being in the chest slot). Also, if this was done, I don't think SFM would be able to interact with it anymore, and it would make it that much harder to fill it up.

I was going to try making the exo suit this time around and see about modding it up a bit as my late game armor. Having a bunch of speed on there should help my run-away from everything that moves strategy. Puma++ shoes to the rescue.

I don't know about you genshou, but my mini skel thief babies sonic boom as they run past so yeah, more like mach 1/2 here.

I've been using the infogamexl script from marsuplami and it works great. I think it and script should be added to default pack.

On a side note, I haven't till just last night made any auto setup for SFM to fill camel packs and I'm just going to leave it so that it fills ones in chest but not replaces one you are wearing. Even before I did this tho, it was pretty simple to fill using one trick I forgot about. I use tinker's construct crafting tables exclusively and this trick does NOT work with those, but in vanilla MC crafting table and in your inventory 2x2 inventory, you can hold up arrow(Not up arrow, W) and click on items in inventory and it will put them up in crafting window automatically. This is from inventory tweaks I think. shortcuts. Since you have to do it so often, I think ppl need to know about this from the book or something.

Edit: arrow/w key

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
you only need so many books, and I probably have about 4-5 stacks of real ones so getting rid of the bad books as I went isn't such a big deal. I will definately try the idea of dropping them and seeing them 'unify' to normal ones. that'd be cool if it works.
I can already confirm this. May or may not be useful; its nice to not have to worry about an enchanting station (15*3 books).
I also leverage the open blocks xp drain (which will let you accumulate xp faster over time), so I might enchant a bunch of books and see what I get.

I was going to enchant armor, but I got my first gift bag today, and it had 4 pieces of prot III steel armor in it.

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting completely ran over by all the different creepers to the point normal mobs (zombies and skeletons) are not spawning. Is there a config that I can modify to limit the spawn rates. I've looked at the special mobs config but don't see anything.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Got lost in the middle of nowhere... then see these.

1E0kdJU.png

Reactions: pc_assassin