[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dcon26

Jul 29, 2019
I thought magnet mode was always turned off by default, but you should still be able to enable it if you want through NEI options.

When I go into NEI to turn it on it says it is listed, but I am not given the option to the left to toggle it on and off when I hit "E"

dome1225

Jul 29, 2019
The way to make grout has been remove. Is that a bug? 2014-08-14_11.44.32.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
When I go into NEI to turn it on it says it is listed, but I am not given the option to the left to toggle it on and off when I hit "E"
Weird. No idea.

I wonder if there's a magnet item in this game? If so, toggling on the magnet mode would be a bit of a cheat, especially when stuff like exposure to heat is such a major factor for this game (it would be too easy to stand far back and mine your cobble at a nicer temperature

The way to make grout has been remove. Is that a bug?View attachment 12496
Nope, and consider the number of us asking, it should probably be underlined and bolded in the first page. Smeltery parts are earned by visiting nearby "abandoned cities".[DOUBLEPOST=1408038917][/DOUBLEPOST]From the changelog:
Changed High Oven, Deep Tank, Smeltery, and Big Reactor parts to be salvage only.
Its in a spoiler.

dome1225

Jul 29, 2019
Weird. No idea.

I wonder if there's a magnet item in this game? If so, toggling on the magnet mode would be a bit of a cheat, especially when stuff like exposure to heat is such a major factor for this game (it would be too easy to stand far back and mine your cobble at a nicer temperature

Nope, and consider the number of us asking, it should probably be underlined and bolded in the first page. Smeltery parts are earned by visiting nearby "abandoned cities".[DOUBLEPOST=1408038917][/DOUBLEPOST]From the changelog:

Its in a spoiler.

Reactions: Pyure

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
Also, what you were doing was not the recipe for grout. Grout uses clay balls, not clay blocks.

Anyway, I was having an issue that I finished all the progression quests i could find, and one of the quest types never unlocked, not sure if this was from the previous update or not. been a little while since i played and idk when the last update was.

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
Now you know more than you did before :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408040260][/DOUBLEPOST]More citations :p
http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Grout
I just don't get why these recipes would be disabled, isn't it hard enough with the ocean biome making it impossible to have a normal water source placed that you extracted from trees and would have no salt in it? I honestly feel that placing a water source should not turn it into salt water since it came from a bucket without salt in it.

Also, what the heck is Steve's Drought? i tried to look it up but got nothing but one site that wasn't a modpack and that site has no description for the mod.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just don't get why these recipes would be disabled, isn't it hard enough with the ocean biome making it impossible to have a normal water source placed that you extracted from trees and would have no salt in it? I honestly feel that placing a water source should not turn it into salt water since it came from a bucket without salt in it.

Also, what the heck is Steve's Drought? i tried to look it up but got nothing but one site that wasn't a modpack and that site has no description for the mod.

Obviously it wasn't too hard if you've already finished all the quests while I'm still wearing wooden armor!

Its definitely been the most contentious change though. I'm divided; I think I'd like smelteries to be oldschool, but high ovens to require scavenging. But whatevs, I'll manage.

Out of curiousity, and because I'd like to learn something: what are the implications of placing salt water instead of fresh water? Does it break farming or something?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

It's not the ocean biome that makes it salt water. It's an alien planet with so much mineral/metals in its soil that some of it just naturally leaks out into the water. That osmosis thing:p

And the recipe disabled so you'll just have to work that much harder for you mats until you get the smeltery doubling and later tripling affects, probably? Besides, why else would you want to go visit that mob infested hellhole:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pyure

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

the recipes were removed because Iskandar has worked hard on making the cities and he wanted to force players to explore them. And Steve's Drought is a mod by VSWE creator of Steves Carts, Steves Factory Manager and more he created Steve's Drought just for this mod pac not sure what all it does but i know it prevents rain and i think it is responcible for the Dust Planet biome

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
If placing a water source down from your own bucket of fresh water allowed you to place fresh water source into the world, that would mean you could just right click it with an empty hand and drink clean water indefinitely. Kind of breaks the purpose of the pack.

Sales_Kital

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the ocean biome that makes it salt water. It's an alien planet with so much mineral/metals in its soil that some of it just naturally leaks out into the water. That osmosis thing:p

And the recipe disabled so you'll just have to work that much harder for you mats until you get the smeltery doubling and later tripling affects, probably? Besides, why else would you want to go visit that mob infested hellhole:rolleyes:

How does that make sense if you place it in a wooden container that blocks any minerals from the planet getting into the water? It doesn't break the farming, i just like having an emergency water source to drink from without eventually winding up with indefinite thirst.[DOUBLEPOST=1408042701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Obviously it wasn't too hard if you've already finished all the quests while I'm still wearing wooden armor!

Its definitely been the most contentious change though. I'm divided; I think I'd like smelteries to be oldschool, but high ovens to require scavenging. But whatevs, I'll manage.

Out of curiousity, and because I'd like to learn something: what are the implications of placing salt water instead of fresh water? Does it break farming or something?

I didn't beat them the normal way, I wanted to see what all the quests were so I could plan ahead so I used a nbt editor to give me what i needed to survive. I plan to do a fully legit run though and don't like the idea of not being able to craft my smeltery, I do agree that we should have to scavenge the high end stuff, but I think smelteries should be both craftable and scavengable.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How does that make sense if you place it in a wooden container that blocks any minerals from the planet getting into the water? It doesn't break the farming, i just like having an emergency water source to drink from without eventually winding up with indefinite thirst.[DOUBLEPOST=1408042701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Salty toxins in the air? :p Who cares, its not really a big deal if all you want is a drinking source. Make a tank to hold it in.

I didn't beat them the normal way, I wanted to see what all the quests were so I could plan ahead so I used a nbt editor to give me what i needed to survive. I plan to do a fully legit run though and don't like the idea of not being able to craft my smeltery, I do agree that we should have to scavenge the high end stuff, but I think smelteries should be both craftable and scavengable.

I imagine Iskandar will keep an eye on the number of "yays" and "nays" for the smeltery, but atm I think its still "yay" for scavenging it, alas.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
How does that make sense if you place it in a wooden container that blocks any minerals from the planet getting into the water? It doesn't break the farming, i just like having an emergency water source to drink from without eventually winding up with indefinite thirst.

Maybe the wooden container absorbs the minerals and just lets the water leak out to create mossy cobbles and its like. A one way process. Whereas if you place it directly onto the surface of the planet - like the initial water you find near the ship, that turns into salty water because it's in direct contact with the planet surface. And maybe your food source has already acclimatize itself to the planetary conditions because it was born there whereas you haven't yet.

And I hope never to acclimatize so I can eventually leave this planet behind one day and go back to living a life of leisure in the skies somewhere. :) Maybe I can salvage enough pieces from the ruins to eventually build a ship and sail away. If I can figure out how to install one of them flying ship mod things...........

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If placing a water source down from your own bucket of fresh water allowed you to place fresh water source into the world, that would mean you could just right click it with an empty hand and drink clean water indefinitely. Kind of breaks the purpose of the pack.
I didn't know you could drink water that way. And yes, its definitely a game-breaking exploit.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, water source blocks are infinite when used to fill bottles or by drinking by hand. Basically, without it being salt water, you could get 1 bucket of water...and then never have to worry about hydration ever, ever again. It was the first and hardest thing to figure out with this pack. And no, it is not changing, unless someone wants to be kind enough to change it so using a water source block in any way consumes it. But since I doubt that is ever happening, this is the compromise.

Reactions: Shane2482 and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And I hope never to acclimatize so I can eventually leave this planet behind one day and go back to living a life of leisure in the skies somewhere. :) Maybe I can salvage enough pieces from the ruins to eventually build a ship and sail away. If I can figure out how to install one of them flying ship mod things...........

Galacticraft would be the perfect end-game for CL. Create a ship and go home.

Edit: Or some way to terraform the planet. Dunno if any of our mods have a terraformer, haven't really looked at the list much.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know you could drink water that way. And yes, its definitely a game-breaking exploit.
oh believe me I knew.... nothing like trying to speed up a water column auto sifter with an empty hand.....next thing you know you're trying to figure out why you're suddenly horribly dehydrated......

Reactions: Genshou