[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
carsetius do you know how to set waypoints?

That is part of Zans Minimap. There is a shortcut for it, press M to go into the map options and check the configuration what it is. The longer way is to press M for the options and go into the Waypoints menu. From there you can add waypoints and enable/disable, delete or modify all waypoints for the map.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. *clears throat*

WTF IS VAMPIRE PIG ZOMBIES AND WTF DO YOU KILL THEM....

jeez, never ran so fast in all my life.

and HOW do they keep on spawning in right on top of me? Are part of the building blocks the spawners themselves. jeez.

I second the many pages back of adding icbm only to NUKE THIS CITY FROM ORBIT. :)

There are hidden spawners all over the cities under blocks and behind wall :) :) :) :)

The Smelteries and Penumaticraft buildings look like L layed over with smoke stacks on the lower roofs TCon factorty has 2 stacks and the Penumaticraft Factory has 2 stacks

RuneSphinx

Jul 29, 2019
Sry about that i havent used Special Mobs that much and i dident know that they would break wood. so far the only problem iv had was when i first built it i built it i used my 1.1.1 desine of the pit being 1x3 insted of 2x3 and the mobs would kick me some times so the 2x3 alows you to stand back a little farther. And mine has been in place for about 3 days now and nothing has been broken so not sure what happend

idk that was on the 1.1.1 version... i haven't dared to try it since... I was a kind of horrific scarring experience the first time... it went like this...

*humming to my self as i dig*

(snap snap crash)

now what was.. OH MY GUR.....

>>RuneSphinx was gobbled by a zombie

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ah, Vampire Pigmen. Running is the best answer. I might need to remove those because I forgot. see, they take wooden weapons to kill easily. And well, yeah. Maybe carry a few wooden swords and treat them like 1 shot stakes?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the on hard route. I'm going full legit. Dying and getting game over = starting over. No cheat warping. No NEI item magnet, etc. Also not going to use beds. Not using Zans minimap either, Opis all the way.

I've died twice due to creepers blowing up my trenches. My 3rd attempt so far is going real good. Got a cobble generator and tons of iron from sifting dust. Setup my first AA to mine cobble, and I can switch it to make gravel easily now with stone hammers. Food wise I've got rice, peanuts, grapes, zombie jerky, monster jerky, grape juice, stock, peanut butter, rice cakes, rice soup, spider eye soup, fruit salad, grape salad. Will have apples soon since I got my oak sapling now. I've got a half stack of dirt that I make water with. Things are looking good. Haven't tried visiting the city yet. I'm going extremely slowly and just pacing myself.

Sounds pretty familiar to what I'm doing, though I spent FAR too many lives trying to build one of my open bases..........[DOUBLEPOST=1407954758][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol, I do wish a block called futuristic armor was a bit more durable vs. explosions. I don't generally damage the ship, but a creeper removed some plating for me.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
There are hidden spawners all over the cities under blocks and behind wall :) :) :) :)

The Smelteries and Penumaticraft buildings look like L layed over with smoke stacks on the lower roofs TCon factorty has 2 stacks and the Penumaticraft Factory has 2 stacks

I found a PC building with the setups and part of pressure chamber and I don't know what they were cooking but I accidentally broke it before I read what it was spawning.

And yes, I've FOUND the hideyholes and where all the good stuff is. This place is going to have more holes than before I visited. I will be able to recreate said city, at my home base by the time I'm done.

So far, I've found almost a stack of invar ingots, enough water to make some small oceans in my base, enough gold to make scrooge mcduck cream his pants, one oven controller (just the controller), and I went down in an elevator to find a swarm of about 6-8 mini creepers (oh they are so cute BURNTHEMWITHFIRE) and I just noped back up the elevator as quick as I could.

Also, concrete makes you run fast like road blocks (never knew and yeah, fun when you're traipsing around the edges of said buildings.

I never used the glider before. very handy and a must have to quickly keep yourself from dying from being pushed outta buildings or slipping (see above).

I like the idea bout making a rail line to/from city to get around but my issue with the rails way long time ago was if they weren't chunkloaded somehow, they stopped moving. I will definately have to revisit that since that seems like an excellent way to do this back and forth. I haven't added a chunkloader yet and I heard no mention of opinion from iskandar so guess I'll go alone on that one.

I can't wait (maybe a week) till same people grinning ear to ear about the ruins, etc.. start complaining it's OP for what you get from your visits. It'll be rich. (almost as rich as I am right now from these visits ha!)

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it would be cool to add flans mod, just the guns though and not the other stuff, but nah I'm not going to. The MFR needle gun is done a good job for me so far. In 1.1.1, I never bothered to use the needle gun, not once. I disabled zans minimap, cause I feel it's cheaty. Went with opis instead.
i installed flans, but the main problem was the chisel altering the recipe for weapons though i didnt put it up after 1.1.2 in the launcher came out

Carsetius

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure I understand what you are asking? I've gotten through pneumaticcraft in its entirety in 1.1.1 and never needed to magnet anything. Pneumaticcraft is not that hard to me.

You would have to say that PnematicCraft is a different mod type. Most mods require you to place an item in the machine or interact with it in some way. PneumaticCraft is different in that you need to use "q" to throw things. That is something that is 100% different then I am used to. Not saying it is bad, just different (I sort of like it because it is different but it is taking some getting used to.)

Getting items out of a Pressure Chamber is a pain because most of the time it requires that I break two blocks. Do you feel as that using magnet mode for that purpose would still be considered "legit"? I am just curious.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You would have to say that PnematicCraft is a different mod type. Most mods require you to place an item in the machine or interact with it in some way. PneumaticCraft is different in that you need to use "q" to throw things. That is something that is 100% different then I am used to. Not saying it is bad, just different (I sort of like it because it is different but it is taking some getting used to.)

Getting items out of a Pressure Chamber is a pain because most of the time it requires that I break two blocks. Do you feel as that using magnet mode for that purpose would still be considered "legit"? I am just curious.
Once your interfaces are installed why would you be breaking blocks?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
There is a work around that I use for bugs like this.
1) Before you click delete world copy your save file
2) Open the save file and delete level.dat and level.dat_old
3) Start a new world and log back out
4) Copy level.dat and level.dat_old from the new world into your old save file
5) resume playing in the old world

easier to just use aromabackup and set it to something like 1.5 hours or 2 hours so if you restore, it's not going to be all that much cheaty. The problem is that it backs up everything but isn't able to sync all the mods that do wierd things. So for example, the knapsack info isn't written out to disk all the time, just at world save I presume, so to be sure you have a good copy, you need to save/exit and then go back in, then aroma has a clean state backup. My clean state backup was 6 hours old and my more recent only 25 minutes. All I lost was what was in my knapsack so I just loaded it up, and from memory, nei'd in what I was missing. If I were to die-die from a normal situation and then get camp spawned by some monster at sync chamber, that's a different story. I've restarted in those cases, but this was a bug. I am not restarting due to bugs, no matter what.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
what do the abandoned cities look like?
there are pics in previous posts. Essentially, the one I've seen is a bunch of buildings connected via endless death and destruction but lots of goodies. did I mention little pockets of death? yeah. Iskandar made a playground once but then they had to close it off cause the zombie pigmen were pushing kids off slides and the creepers were eating the toes of kids on the merry go round. and endermen were stealing candy. oh think of the children!

speaking of endermen, does ZA or S-mobs cause them to be more prolific in their shoplifting? I swear, the crime rate around my base has risen about 1000% from 1.1.1. Starting to look like swiss cheese. They are mini-creeper enablers. been lucky so far but yeah. All the pigs are in the city and they obviously can't patrol my little back hole base cause I don't have a donut shop. Guess I need to make donuts. yeah.

Carsetius

Jul 29, 2019
Once your interfaces are installed why would you be breaking blocks?

Of course later in the game it doesn't matter much, but I was struggling with iron up until that point with no xp with PnematicCraft so it was a challenge to get that much.[DOUBLEPOST=1407957363][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone know if there is an IRC channel or TS or Vent Server to talk about Crash Landing? I even looked for a sub reddit but that seemed to be for Beta Testers?

Carsetius

Jul 29, 2019
what is the key to see the places you have gone on the map?

I think that you are thinking of a different mapper. I think Zan MiniMap doesnt not keep a record of where you have been. I believe that is another mapping mod. JourneyMap or Opis is think is what you are thinking of.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Of course later in the game it doesn't matter much, but I was struggling with iron up until that point with no xp with PnematicCraft so it was a challenge to get that much.[DOUBLEPOST=1407957363][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone know if there is an IRC channel or TS or Vent Server to talk about Crash Landing? I even looked for a sub reddit but that seemed to be for Beta Testers?
_you_ are a beta tester :}

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Okay. So after about 4-5 forays into the city I finally got the makings of a smeltery, so I think I'll go back to base building before I venture back.

Guys? I think you did a good job for what it's worth, giving us what we need to get that up and running. Adding in some seared bricks in addition to the raw parts itself was definately what was needed. Gives the person some way to do it their own way and not just using what is given you (and for other recipes). I think you should put more tho. Too bad we can deconstruct things to get those seared bricks somehow. That would be one way to make things a bit more natural.....

I think I understand my frustration tho. It's not that any of this aren't awesome ideas in and of themselves. they definately are. the buildings are supremely tortuous and I love it. I think the imminent threat is what makes this so different than agskies. I get so bored in agskies, I usually go "woops, allowed some creatures in to spawn, guess I'll have to go kill them now" kind of thing. opposite here... you paint that picture hehe...

Anyways, I've been playing this pack since early on and I really feel it's changed so significantly that people have had to manage what works from one version to the next over and over again and rethink the wheel with each twist of the knife. I think that is what frustrates me. It's not 1.03. But, that's exactly the problem. it isn't. I need to continue to see this as an evolving thing, each beast different than the last. I guess my only issue is when things that were sacred once, become not so sacred later. The grout recipe is one of those things. I guess I will have to get used to it. Making PC the focus, to me was bad. It was inherently hard to master and unforgiving and somewhat buggy. It was also quite different than alot of people are used to (we are spoiled with TE and it's simplicity). I don't look forward to running out of servos and trekking across the desert looking for another city for seared bricks. Considering that for flight (real flight), it's the jetpack, and you have to remove the camel pack to use it, that leaves alot of time for boring boring walks across the desert ala kung fu ending from each episode. Haven't gotten there but guess I'll see.

As far as total newbs to the pack, I think someone should really put up a faq and post in op so they can get questions answered all at once. Have another spoilerific faq that counts up methods to manage water, food, etc... At least starting points to allow them to survive. I think if I played this pack now vs back when I started, I'd be dying endlessly clueless what to do.

Lastly, I don't think people would be so adamant one way or another about how this pack is shaping up and it's changes unless they truly cared about it. I still think CL is probably _the_ most original and coolest (pun intended) pack on the launcher.[DOUBLEPOST=1407962286][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't mean to be spammy or anything, but could someone please help me?
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-1-1-x-beta-stable.46277/page-144#post-732119
This world means a lot to me, and I would hate to loose it.

If the world is there in it's save directory, then you might have multiple entries for it (duplicates) upon starting a new world/choosing one. If it doesn't show up, if there's no directory, then there's no way of telling where it went. Future reference. use aromabackup (google it) and make backup of your ftb sub dir for the pack before you upgrade or do anything, especially for things you don't want to lose. You also might want to look into multimc. You can copy/create new instance of any ftb packs right there and run them w/o ftb launcher.