[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
You can get the new map on page 75 thats just the new ship MDiyo made, this doesnt have new ruins
More recently Iskander pointed people to reddit about 10 pages back?
You really might want to wait cos its very laggy with special mobs and I think it will all be fixed soon.

BallinMatt

Jul 29, 2019
Just got kicked out of my crash landing game so far into saying out of memory like wtf? I was so far and now I can't play it again:( Anything I can do?

RuneSphinx

Jul 29, 2019
so, for those playing the current beta, any serious bugs? I know the temp is a bit wonky. But beyond that, is it looking good out there?

So this may *OBVIOUSLY* not matter, but just in case you wanted to know. I have successfully deployed what was available in the reddit post on a server me and my friends play on, everything is awesome and even though it is a puny server, not much noticeable lag. The only bug we noticed, and since we are not experts on world manipulation without a plugin (again PUNY server, it won't handle essentials and other such plugins), the spawn is not at the ship... I have even started a single player world, copied all of the information over and started everything on the server afresh... no luck, we spawn over 300 blocks away.

Like I said, probably not too important since the way we work it is we each kind of head off on our own (we each get a set of the starting items). But I don't know if later this could end up having issues. Also I have regened the world SEVERAL times ( I may have lost track... trying to get us to spawn at the ship didn't go so well when you have to try to edit .dat files) and never ran into an city generation realated issues or crashes so awesome job!!!

Server play gets interesting when you realize pneumai... i hate spelling that mod you get what I mean.. has hackable security consoles:)

pslessard

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of making an alternate map focused on crashing onto a cold world instead of a hot one. I would probably upload it (or try to) to the FTB launcher as a separate pack because I would have to change some configs. All credit would go to Iskandar, and I would add a link to the original pack/thread wherever it was necessary. I just wanted to get permission from Iskandar and see if people would be interested before I start.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Not in the beta version of 112. The smeltery won't even accept cobble at all.
You have to find smeltery blocks in the city and melt them down. You even need them to make blocks for the high oven.

I did figure out a way, but it's supper grindy and a bit of an exploit, so just going to send how to Iskandar.
Well, this modpack just crossed The Line for me. I will enjoy 1.11 but will never update to 1.12 or any later version.[DOUBLEPOST=1407788351][/DOUBLEPOST]
Forgive my ignorance here. I realize ZA is to your advantage the moment you have a moat. Why are the others also crutches? I've seen references to Giant mobs tossing other mobs over your small defenses etc, this sounds like a more difficult prospect to deal with.
All these mods make enemies detect the player from further away, making acquiring bones much too easy. I do realize Special Mobs has its own disadvantages as well, of course, but they're easy enough to work around (watch out for those helmeted fishing zombies, though).[DOUBLEPOST=1407788419][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like the way you think, some of these are going a bit far even for me..... as far as ideas, perhaps "picky eater" refusing to eat any form of 'distastfull food'. I'd suggest zombie meat in any form, cooked worms, raw fish, and coagulated blood being a list to start with.
This is a very simple one, but fits nicely with the one about not drinking (formerly) dirty water.[DOUBLEPOST=1407788501][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm thinking of making an alternate map focused on crashing onto a cold world instead of a hot one. I would probably upload it (or try to) to the FTB launcher as a separate pack because I would have to change some configs. All credit would go to Iskandar, and I would add a link to the original pack/thread wherever it was necessary. I just wanted to get permission from Iskandar and see if people would be interested before I start.
I've been thinking about this. My ideas revolved around a more vanilla worldgen with everything but cold biomes disabled, very few trees, and tree growth rate massively nerfed. I was thinking about ways the player could heat themselves if we made torches burn out after a while. There's a mod for that, of course. xD

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, this modpack just crossed The Line for me. I will enjoy 1.11 but will never update to 1.12 or any later version.[DOUBLEPOST=1407788351][/DOUBLEPOST]
What part annoys you? The smeltery->city requirement, or the smeltery/cobble "exploit"?

All these mods make enemies detect the player from further away, making acquiring bones much too easy. I do realize Special Mobs has its own disadvantages as well, of course, but they're easy enough to work around (watch out for those helmeted fishing zombies, though).[DOUBLEPOST=1407788419][/DOUBLEPOST]

That sounds alarming.

I doubt I'm equipped to handle the pack just yet w/o the ZA crutch so far though. Agrarian was supposed to be difficult and never was; Crash Landing manages to get me killed while I learn some new mods.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
What part annoys you? The smeltery->city requirement, or the smeltery/cobble "exploit"?

That sounds alarming.

I doubt I'm equipped to handle the pack just yet w/o the ZA crutch so far though. Agrarian was supposed to be difficult and never was; Crash Landing manages to get me killed while I learn some new mods.
It's the exploration for a smeltery.

Once you get the smallest size smeltery set up, now you can do basic alloy casting. But your capacity is pitifully small. If I'm endlessly searching through copies of the same city again and again across a vast (and otherwise mostly featureless) flat map of dust, just to try to scale up my smeltery/high oven... that's just one too many things I won't enjoy when PC already aggravates me during its early stages in this pack. It's cool that I don't have to sit at a furnace/barrel and grind my way up to a high oven/deep tank, but I'd rather do that than just keep wandering and wandering and wandering and...

I've tried playing without Zombie Awareness. It's pretty tough. Getting four bones on the first night is actually a legitimate challenge. If you have quest foreknowledge and sift dust for that furnace, though, it's barely survivable on the hardest difficulty until you can make a quick and dirty dark room for easy bones.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive my ignorance here. I realize ZA is to your advantage the moment you have a moat. Why are the others also crutches? I've seen references to Giant mobs tossing other mobs over your small defenses etc, this sounds like a more difficult prospect to deal with.
Its causing problems due to their ai saying they cant path causing loads on loads of lag.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried playing without Zombie Awareness. It's pretty tough. Getting four bones on the first night is actually a legitimate challenge. If you have quest foreknowledge and sift dust for that furnace, though, it's barely survivable on the hardest difficulty until you can make a quick and dirty dark room for easy bones.
I've never played this with ZA on and I'm ok. I have to admit my most recent world I got a lucky bone drop Night 3 that kept me alive. :p But I haven't made a mob trap at all and I'm working on tech right now.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Once you get the smallest size smeltery set up, now you can do basic alloy casting. But your capacity is pitifully small. If I'm endlessly searching through copies of the same city again and again across a vast (and otherwise mostly featureless) flat map of dust, just to try to scale up my smeltery/high oven... that's just one too many things I won't enjoy when PC already aggravates me during its early stages in this pack. It's cool that I don't have to sit at a furnace/barrel and grind my way up to a high oven/deep tank, but I'd rather do that than just keep wandering and wandering and wandering and...

I've added some rewards to the quest book to compensate partially. And you should only need 1 or, at most, 2 cities to get respectable size smeltery/high oven. You can melt down smeltery bricks to make the seared stone for the high over bricks. I might adjust in future updates if this proves to be too big of an issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1407790918][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Father Toast JUST released a new version of Special Mobs that should fix the lag issue. If it does, that is the last hurdle holding back 1.1.2 for official release.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm okay with having to find seared brick blocks in the city in the TiCon buildings to make your smeltery, but each seared brick block (which is made from 4 seared bricks) only makes 1 seared bricks when melted in the smeltery. There isn't a whole lot of extra seared brick blocks in the city you can melt down to make seared bricks. And it's pretty random to find a chest in the city that has seared bricks in it. When generating worlds, sometimes you find a few stacks of seared bricks in a chest, other times, none.

So it's kind of difficult to get your hands on a good amount of servos now.

Also the city generates fairly randomly too from what I've seen. I've seen one world with zero big reactor buildings in the first city, and one world that had 2 big reactor buildings. What are the chances of getting zero TiCon buildings in your first city?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah I'm okay with having to find seared brick blocks in the city in the TiCon buildings to make your smeltery, but each seared brick block (which is made from 4 seared bricks) only makes 1 seared bricks when melted in the smeltery. There isn't a whole lot of extra seared brick blocks in the city you can melt down to make seared bricks. And it's pretty random to find a chest in the city that has seared bricks in it. When generating worlds, sometimes you find a few stacks of seared bricks in a chest, other times, none.

Also the city generates fairly randomly too from what I've seen. I've seen one world with zero big reactor buildings in the first city, and one world that had 2 big reactor buildings. What are the chances of getting zero TiCon buildings in your first city?
It should be effectively zero. There are two cities nearby. There should be at least 2, and maybe many more than that.

Edit: Just checked the cities, quickly. There are 2 TiCo factories I saw right off the bat, with enough loot to make a 2 high smeltery and a max size High Oven. And that was just a quick look. so, yeah, working as intended.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, I've got two reports that the lag is now gone, and am awaiting a third report. If that clears I will be pushing the update to FTB post-haste. It should then go live within 24 hours or so.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
For those wondering about server version, currently building it, a few test and should be also ready to ship

887koi

Jul 29, 2019

i suggest making TiCon chisel then use the basins from the scavenge to make seared stone (this is after melting down 1 cracked seared bricks) then chisel it to make seared bricks, this is a good way to get the seared brick requirement for the update if you where not lucky on getting seared brick (the ingot ones) from the chests inside the TiCon smeltry buildings

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
1.1.2 has now passed bug testing. The new features are still not 100%, but the framework is now all in place. This should, theoretically, be the last forced map reset. Update has been pushed to FTb. Expect a new version sometime soon. No, I don't have an ETA better than that. I am now taking a break. I will be watching for bugs and will issue a hotfix if necessary, but beyond that I am now taking a break for the next week.