[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very simple one, but fits nicely with the one about not drinking (formerly) dirty water.
Yes it was a fairly simple limitation though it would force players to push pretty hard into farming early.

Another limitation I play at this point could be called "Toxic spill" in short the fluids leaking from the ship are to be handled as toxic waste, the holes plugged and as soon as possible sarcophagi built around the leaks, or the ship must be abandoned. I also generally ensure that all crops destined to be consumed are kept at least 100m away from either spill. That said with 1.1.2 I'm suspecting I'll have to wall up making such a scattered compound difficult. Another not horribly complex step, but it does create some issues for the early game.

2014-08-11_17.19.00.png 2014-08-11_17.21.48.png

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
if what I'm reading is true, Who got a blood transfusion from eyamaz? Seriously. if it was to save your life, I might understand.... but the repercussions.... :)

Itemducts w/o a servo will invite TE bugs for stuffing that do happen, quite often and quite unpredictably. I never saw any post about the chunk loader I made a while back. Is one added now that you have to explore beyond the reaches of your ship? MFR one is just too iffy and resource intensive for NO BENEFIT to the end user, just to again, overcome a bug.

Might I suggest repeatable quest to get one servo for killing x zombies or something to overcome this? Seriously? What benefit really does giving someone a servo provide? I think you can easily separate items/blocks into 2 categories: No benefit to user given, some or great benefit to user given (where aesthetic and purely functional ones to assist but not provide leverage to the tech fall into first category).

I do not want to coin a new phrase of "jumping the drone" ala jumping the shark here, but I'm very close to doing so w/o even trying the update yet. How well do you look in a leather jacket... just asking..... and do you like harleys?
:rolleyes:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I don't dislike pneumatic craft because I think it is hard. I dislike it because it is super grindy and buggy. Minecraft has crashed numerous times while playing with pneumatic craft and once I couldn't save the world and had to start over. Drones (the part I was looking forward to) are useless because they don't come off the charging station after they are charged and I have to babysit them.

Drones not coming off the charging station is due to the station having more than 10 bars in it. Since the drones can only hold a max of 10 bars, if the station has more than that they will just sit there and wait to equalize to the pressure that the station is. Bottom line is the drone charging station needs to be regulated to 10 bars or less for the drones to auto charge and continue about their business.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't we all actually play the update before we start complaining? Is it such a horrible idea that we are forced to explore a bit before we start automating processes and multiplying ores? Yes what I'm seeing coming down the pipe will force me to change a few strategies....., but that isn't a bad thing. Lets give it a week and let our bitching commence after we've actually seen it, and the dev team has had a chance to decompress. Seems to me that rather than having any appreciation for the work that's been done the community as a whole is griping about a few details that displease us.

Reactions: Xamie and Pyure

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
the
if what I'm reading is true, Who got a blood transfusion from eyamaz? Seriously. if it was to save your life, I might understand.... but the repercussions.... :)

Itemducts w/o a servo will invite TE bugs for stuffing that do happen, quite often and quite unpredictably. I never saw any post about the chunk loader I made a while back. Is one added now that you have to explore beyond the reaches of your ship? MFR one is just too iffy and resource intensive for NO BENEFIT to the end user, just to again, overcome a bug.

Might I suggest repeatable quest to get one servo for killing x zombies or something to overcome this? Seriously? What benefit really does giving someone a servo provide? I think you can easily separate items/blocks into 2 categories: No benefit to user given, some or great benefit to user given (where aesthetic and purely functional ones to assist but not provide leverage to the tech fall into first category).

I do not want to coin a new phrase of "jumping the drone" ala jumping the shark here, but I'm very close to doing so w/o even trying the update yet. How well do you look in a leather jacket... just asking..... and do you like harleys?
:rolleyes:

The best way to prevent itemduct stuffing is to create a loop with a dence section to cycle the items in the duct and the 1 or 2 times you cant do this there is always transfer nodes.
2014-08-11_21.06.28.png

Reactions: Digger

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't we all actually play the update before we start complaining? Is it such a horrible idea that we are forced to explore a bit before we start automating processes and multiplying ores? Yes what I'm seeing coming down the pipe will force me to change a few strategies....., but that isn't a bad thing. Lets give it a week and let our bitching commence after we've actually seen it, and the dev team has had a chance to decompress. Seems to me that rather than having any appreciation for the work that's been done the community as a whole is griping about a few details that displease us.

Thanks for the support and yes we have other plans for the future such as random lone buildings and ruins with custom loot. This was planed for this releace however with the Ruins mod we need another mod to control loot which means more time and with the cities being custom made from the groung up this was taking too long as is.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

agreed. I am now retracting the knee and stopping it from being a reactionary jerk.

(wall of text which goes against above line deleted). sigh. I will wait and comment after I play it. but expect lots of exclamation marks, question marks and apostrophes. Yes, I will use TOO MANY APOSTROPHES. it will be grand.[DOUBLEPOST=1407806554][/DOUBLEPOST]
the

The best way to prevent itemduct stuffing is to create a loop with a dence section to cycle the items in the duct and the 1 or 2 times you cant do this there is always transfer nodes.
View attachment 12464

Yes, I've done that but sometimes it's not possible but I also shy away from transfer nodes for interoperability but that's personal opinion. I still stick with my issue about chunkloaders tho.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
agreed. I am now retracting the knee and stopping it from being a reactionary jerk.

(wall of text which goes against above line deleted). sigh. I will wait and comment after I play it. but expect lots of exclamation marks, question marks and apostrophes. Yes, I will use TOO MANY APOSTROPHES. it will be grand.[DOUBLEPOST=1407806554][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, I've done that but sometimes it's not possible but I also shy away from transfer nodes for interoperability but that's personal opinion. I still stick with my issue about chunkloaders tho.
i agree chunk loaders are a must with all the exploration needed .

Edit: and if he doesent add them so what it isent that hard to add them myself and that goes for any mod so for those who complain about not having a mod then just add it yourself thats the great thing about modded minecraft you can play how you like

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019

I have no problem with needing to explore to be able to multiply ores. I just see a problem with having to explore just to be able to make some servos. Needing a smeltery to make servos would be one thing, but not having to explore just to get the resources to make them.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
i agree chunk loaders are a must with all the exploration needed .

Edit: and if he doesent add them so what it isent that hard to add them myself and that goes for any mod so for those who complain about not having a mod then just add it yourself thats the great thing about modded minecraft you can play how you like

I know that. In fact those same words have been uttered by me, multiple times.

But. Given that. It's a given that if you're planning a pack and you ship it with so many mods, then state up front, adding/removing mods breaks progression, etc... It's PRETTY WISE to include mods that would be necessary for you to play said pack. right? I see the personal preference mods things like SFM or carpentry blocks or something like that. things that help you figure out solutions or pretty up your world as being things you add later (tho sfm could be considered cheaty but whatever). A chunk loader wasn't necessary at the begginning of this mod, thus, left out. Now tho, situations' changed and the reason I bring it up is solely to revisit this topic to ensure it gets added from the beginning for EVERYONE's benefit, right? not just me. In last playthrough, no sooner than I setup my ae system and went from one end of base to other that I had blinking AE network from disconnections. Something I've seen in agskies and other packs that is only fixable with... you guessed it. chunkloader. why? bug. is ae1 getting updates to fix this bug regardless if it's a bug algo can fix or not? no... chunkloader is cure for this issue and gives user absolutely zero benefit, thus I harp about it since I feel it needs inclusion by default for everyone.

On another note. This way, the onus is on iskandar to vet which chunkloader he wants in pack. ensure it doesn't conflict with anything through beta testing, and altar any recipes he wishes, then us to complain about last step... :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I have no problem with needing to explore to be able to multiply ores. I just see a problem with having to explore just to be able to make some servos. Needing a smeltery to make servos would be one thing, but not having to explore just to get the resources to make them.
And the servos open a lot of doors for automation, and allow production of the terrain smasher. I for one would see limitless effortless materials moved much further down the tech tree than they now are.

Yes without servos my automation will be a bit clunkier, and but I can't think of anything I can't do without a servo, and see the ability to upgrade and tighten things up later to be a reward that would encourage exploration. I think balance may become quit an issue as those who use smelteries and lots of servos may need more brick added to loot chests and such..... but we'll need more extensive playtesting before we can discuss proper loot rates.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
And the servos open a lot of doors for automation, and allow production of the terrain smasher. I for one would see limitless effortless materials moved much further down the tech tree than they now are.

Yes without servos my automation will be a bit clunkier, and but I can't think of anything I can't do without a servo, and see the ability to upgrade and tighten things up later to be a reward that would encourage exploration. I think balance may become quit an issue as those who use smelteries and lots of servos may need more brick added to loot chests and such..... but we'll need more extensive playtesting before we can discuss proper loot rates.

shame on me. I totally forgot that. Yeah, you're right. I forgot completely about it being used as part of other things. sheesh people is right iskandar. I'm locking up my pitchfork now I promise.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
One suggestion, Computercraft/ project red would be a nice addition, I've spent a couple hours thinking of how to automate the empty pcb in acid thing , and those two mods were the only way that i could think of automating them with. (I am open to suggestions on how to do it though)

You can do this with Steve's Factory Manager, and you can always watch my youtube series if you need to know exactly how to set this up.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if the Dev team has consider adding open blocks radio's and tuned crystals to the loot tables? While many if not most of us would wind up configuring them to our own channels, there are some internet stations that would add some.... "fluff" to the game. The station below for instance is ambient with audio from various shuttle missions. Don't think anyone would catch me listening to such for long...... but I could see it being a novelty to dig out of a chest and fiddle with for a bit.

http://somafm.com/missioncontrol/

edit, better yet, internet radio broadcasts of air traffic control.....

http://www.liveatc.net/

Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 has now passed bug testing. The new features are still not 100%, but the framework is now all in place. This should, theoretically, be the last forced map reset. Update has been pushed to FTb. Expect a new version sometime soon. No, I don't have an ETA better than that. I am now taking a break. I will be watching for bugs and will issue a hotfix if necessary, but beyond that I am now taking a break for the next week.

If anyone deserves it its you @Iskandar! Have fun on your "vacation".