[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
so, for those playing the current beta, any serious bugs? I know the temp is a bit wonky. But beyond that, is it looking good out there?

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
One suggestion, Computercraft/ project red would be a nice addition, I've spent a couple hours thinking of how to automate the empty pcb in acid thing , and those two mods were the only way that i could think of automating them with. (I am open to suggestions on how to do it though)
You can also use Steves factory manager. Landstryder shows how in his LP No.18 I think its a good system, better than acid streams imo

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Grout - I want to make the terrain smasher, which needs a servo, which needs 2 seared brick.
No way am I ready to face special mobs or go on a journey of unspecified length - are you planning on changing the recipe for the servo?

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Grout - I want to make the terrain smasher, which needs a servo, which needs 2 seared brick.
No way am I ready to face special mobs or go on a journey of unspecified length - are you planning on changing the recipe for the servo?
Why would you need to go on a journey to make seared brick?

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
so, for those playing the current beta, any serious bugs? I know the temp is a bit wonky. But beyond that, is it looking good out there?

all in all its good, though i suggest not enabling special mobs as its causing major server lag if the mobs cant pathfind towards you during night. as for zombie awareness its already in the good zone keep it enabled.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you need to go on a journey to make seared brick?
Because the grout recipe has changed - clay made from dust isnt suitable, so the book says in the smeltery quest, it suggests exploring ruins for parts etc but dont think my wooden armour and bone mattock are really going to protect me :)
If you know any other way to get seared brick - or a servo which is what I really want please let me know.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

Special Mobs are stop dancing while getting block lag on SSP during the night. However I did like the boss mobs, dropped good stuff. But its health regen was insane.

hr166PH.png

uIS490P.png

e3xedJl.png

Creeper Spider combo. >_<

chadvader_

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this wonderful pack for awhile now and one bug you might not know about I don't know is with the sync mod. I made my "body" and when i died the environment tracker on the bottom left says no environment data and it continues to say that until I relog. Just thought I would share this not sure if you knew or not.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Because the grout recipe has changed - clay made from dust isnt suitable, so the book says in the smeltery quest, it suggests exploring ruins for parts etc but dont think my wooden armour and bone mattock are really going to protect me :)
If you know any other way to get seared brick - or a servo which is what I really want please let me know.
Ew, I didn't realize that the recipe was removed. So is there a way to make grout easily once a few things are obtained from a ruin? I mean, you need somewhere between one and two stacks of grout to set up the smallest smeltery. And I really hope it's straightforward to set up the high oven after that. I never bothered with it the first time I got into the PC stuff, but I just set my first one ever up and man, that was so much clay! >_< totally worth it when I watched my iron melting like butter in a deep fryer though. I can't imagine trying to set all this up without simple crafting. If I'm expected to wander around in a wasteland getting screwed by the RNG just to set up a smeltery, I'm not sure what I will think about the update. Hopefully it's not as bad as I'm interpreting.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Ew, I didn't realize that the recipe was removed. So is there a way to make grout easily once a few things are obtained from a ruin? I mean, you need somewhere between one and two stacks of grout to set up the smallest smeltery. And I really hope it's straightforward to set up the high oven after that. I never bothered with it the first time I got into the PC stuff, but I just set my first one ever up and man, that was so much clay! >_< totally worth it when I watched my iron melting like butter in a deep fryer though. I can't imagine trying to set all this up without simple crafting. If I'm expected to wander around in a wasteland getting screwed by the RNG just to set up a smeltery, I'm not sure what I will think about the update. Hopefully it's not as bad as I'm interpreting.

The ruins have most of the materials for a smeltery and high oven. Plus some pneumaticcraft parts are there. Other buildings will just have the basic survival loots like food, water, and other stuff. But its not that easy to get in as each building has 2-7 spawners inside. Makes me want to get a diamond dolly first before heading out. Imagine how many farms can be made with them spawners.

gAJdhID.jpg

The building with an orange chimney has pneumatic craft stuff. The other one has TiCon stuff.
aJhMoMK.png

Qg1fbkf.png

MBr7bXz.png

KX8ATr9.png

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
The ruins have most of the materials for a smeltery and high oven. Plus some pneumaticcraft parts are there. Other buildings will just have the basic survival loots like food, water, and other stuff. But its not that easy to get in as each building has 2-7 spawners inside. Makes me want to get a diamond dolly first before heading out. Imagine how many farms can be made with them spawners.

gAJdhID.jpg

The building with an orange chimney has pneumatic craft stuff. The other one has TiCon stuff.
aJhMoMK.png

Qg1fbkf.png

MBr7bXz.png

KX8ATr9.png
If there's a full smeltery setup in there, that's sufficient to get more seared bricks. Just set up a cobblegen and a crucible and you're golden. Can't say I'm fond of having to head out into a sprawling wasteland in search of a randomly generated city, but at least it only has to be done once. I was just worried it wouldn't be a full smeltery! :<

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
guys i would like to ask how do i start the technological revolution quest line???? thanks in advance

also i was randomly wandering in the vast world and came upon these structures that is like a mob den (so far i only found them made of nether bricks) in one of the chests i saw 2 PIG spawners

also as what tetshio said i would bring lots of dollies just so i can store the spawners, with the right methods you can basically make a storage area for your spawners (where you can reuse the dollies as you place then in the storage room/hole) before making a good mob trap room

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
guys i would like to ask how do i start the technological revolution quest line???? thanks in advance

also i was randomly wandering in the vast world and came upon these structures that is like a mob den (so far i only found them made of nether bricks) in one of the chests i saw 2 PIG spawners

also as what tetshio said i would bring lots of dollies just so i can store the spawners, with the right methods you can basically make a storage area for your spawners (where you can reuse the dollies as you place then in the storage room/hole) before making a good mob trap room

i think deep within this thread, someone said to craft 3 PCBs to unlock it.

EDIT: Ok, found it
to open Technological Revolution you need to complete a hidden quest by making 3 prc100s

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
thanks alot didnt know HQM had hidden quests =)

EDIT:
@tetshio
now i look back on my old playthrough, i remember unlocking a buffed up mob hunting quest which told me to hunt way more mobs, the last objective of the quest was telling me to kill 10 endermen do you by anychance know how it can be unlocked?? i just somehow unlocked it by accident back then thanks again XD

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
thanks alot didnt know HQM had hidden quests =)

EDIT:
@tetshio
now i look back on my old playthrough, i remember unlocking a buffed up mob hunting quest which told me to hunt way more mobs, the last objective of the quest was telling me to kill 10 endermen do you by anychance know how it can be unlocked?? i just somehow unlocked it by accident back then thanks again XD
I'm pretty sure the slaughter quest is unlocked by killing 40 zombies.

Reactions: tetshio