[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
it is supposed to congeal on a drying rack to get the coagulated blood drop, i'll have to try to get it with casting table only

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Coagulated blood and congealed blood are two different food sources. According to ticon if you pour blood on an empty table you get a coagulated blood drop. If you then place the drop on a drying rack you'll get a congealed blood drop.

The first step works, but the item never dries. My current base looks like I'm decorating for Christmas.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
My assumption is that Iguana tweaks or something nerfed it. Though the congealed blood is still in NEI.[DOUBLEPOST=1407451628][/DOUBLEPOST]
It might take a long time for it to become a drop on the drying rack. Or maybe it is disabled.
I don't think it's time. I think the first batch has been up for at least an hour of play time.

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm not sure if its been reported, but (in 1.1.1) every time I make peanut butter cookies I get an empty glass bottle.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm not sure if its been reported, but (in 1.1.1) every time I make peanut butter cookies I get an empty glass bottle.
There are a lot of recipes in harvestcraft that give you free empty bottles after crafting. Anything that takes jelly to craft gives you glass bottles back for example. Don't think there is any way to fix that without doing a crazy amount of minetweaker coding. It's not super game breaking anyway, it's just free glass bottles.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I only ever use 4-6 water bottles per Minecraft day via the camel pack. They look to be about 16 oz of water, but let's just say they are 32 oz for arguments sake. So 6 bottles x 32 oz = 192 oz, which is 1.5 gallons of water consumed per day which seems about right to me considering we are on a very hot dry planet. Seems pretty realistic to me, but I guess that's just my opinion..

Great idea in theory but those bottles are = to a bucket. The bucket is equal to a source block. A block is 1 Cubic Meters. That's 264US gallons. Times six. A Day.
This... needs to be fixed. If you are going for realism.

But this is minecraft so realism should be a for letter word.
A bucket is 1000MB so a bottle should be at the most 100mb. At the most.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea in theory but those bottles are = to a bucket. The bucket is equal to a source block. A block is 1 Cubic Meters. That's 264US gallons. Times six. A Day.

That said if 10 saplings/leaf blocks equal 1 bottle and you assume each bottle is a quart you would logically need 10560 saplings/leaf blocks to create a place-able water block....... I for one would rather have things erroring in the direction they are than to spend the time it would take to collect 10K leaf blocks for a water source block.......

You do realize that if the pack gave us realistic amounts of water from a source block we'd be able to live for somewhere in the neighborhood of 264 days on 1 block of water.

Assuming the placeable water block isn't re balanced....If the goal is to make water a considerable difficulty, easy mastered by mid game, the balance is about right. If the goal is to make water a non-issue throughout the entire game Iskandar should take your advice.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019

It's not realism, it's a uniquely challenging game mode...

Reactions: pc_assassin

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Water balance feels pretty good where it is. You'll have shears, barrels, and fuel almost immediately, turning water from a serious threat to a grindy nuisance. It becomes an automation challenge mid-game.

Reactions: pc_assassin

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Mid game, can make an auto cactus farm, SFM to auto-craft water bottles and also auto refil the camel pack.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Mid game, can make an auto cactus farm, SFM to auto-craft water bottles and also auto refil the camel pack.
This, except my SFM auto refill camel pack setup uses dirt instead of cactus. I've got a jabba barrel full of dirt for it.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar specifically removed carrots and potatoes, and is even removing them further in v1.1.2 by removing them from the drop tables from zombies. Iskandar feels vanilla foods are too familiar and too over powered, and you should have to use harvestcraft foods instead. Wheat and Apples are the only foods he seems to be okay with not removing.

I don't understand this logic. With the hunger overhaul, carrots and potatoes are pretty bad food. Even cooked potatoes are pretty bad. The only saving grace I suppose is that you get many of them when a plant matures. They also have multiple maturity stages, so they're harder to bonemeal up than Pam's food.

Frankly, if anything, soybeans are easily the best food crop to get. You can make a heap of different meals with them. I seem to recall that with just Soybeans, Rice and Water, that there are something like 4-5 different meals you can make. Probably more than that to be honest. I'd remove them before I removed anything else.