[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I just used Creeper plants because you can easily get a ton of them
I prefer chopper plant seeds for farming as they are the best yield per bone meal and are super easy to farm. The way JABBA and plastic interacts makes plastic a little less painful. Pneumatic craft is still a major pita but...

@Iskandar Why not make a machinists workbench take a PRC-LX100 to craft and have machine frames made in it? That would still put technology behind pneumatic craft but also make it less annoying to use.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Anyway you could make it so that you can find versions of the original shuttle scattered around in the new maps?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Anyway you could make it so that you can find versions of the original shuttle scattered around in the new maps?

Or make other rescue ships crash land randomly to provide more materials. Wonders if that's possible (change meteors into blocks that resemble other ships trying to save you and stuff).

Reactions: GriefingAssassin

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about parts of the original shuttle but right now we are focusing on the cities we had planed on having some ruins this update however we ran into a problem with the chest loot in the ruins mod that will take some time to fix and with the cities taking so long he decided to keep the dunes but remove the structures. I will be talking to him about the ruins after this update and dont worry scene we are still using the dunes there wont be a need for a map restart to get the new ruins just explore a little more.
And to everyone that made building suggestions thanks that helped me a lot right now i built 2 new buildings a library and a government building plus my surprise building. As to the other buildings suggested well the city already has something like 11-12 buildings but there are some id like to use for the ruins so just wait and see.

Reactions: tetshio

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yup. any spawnable area was lite up

I had something similar happen but then I noticed a small area that had red lines (one block) up in rafters above my area. Dunno. I concur tho that there are teleporting mobs in this pack somehow. I've had zombies appear out of thin air right in front of me. Had that happen 3 different occasions. Once on smeltery which is definately lit up, and one on top of compression chamber which again, is lit up. Not sure how they're doing it.

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Or make other rescue ships crash land randomly to provide more materials. Wonders if that's possible (change meteors into blocks that resemble other ships trying to save you and stuff).
That would be awesome but if they kept crashing you would start to wonder who they had controlling the ships xD. Maybe have meteors with ores and such but I think you would have to rewrite the meteor mod for all that... I'm not too sure but I don't remember seeing an area for customization.. but who knows, anything is possible.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, since you are removing carrots in 1.1.2 from zombie drops and assuming there won't be any way to get carrots at all, you might want to change the recipe for the MFR Breeder, since you have to make one for a quest, and it requires carrots.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
That would be awesome but if they kept crashing you would start to wonder who they had controlling the ships xD. Maybe have meteors with ores and such but I think you would have to rewrite the meteor mod for all that... I'm not too sure but I don't remember seeing an area for customization.. but who knows, anything is possible.
Crashing does not necessarily mean poor piloting. Did the ship come apart after being struck again?

Are the incoming items pieces of ship with decaying orbits?

Did escape pods fire, land, and the crewmen pass away in the enviroment?

What is the hazard? if it's some form of defensive cannon is it catching rescue ships by suprise?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm looking to see if that is a config option. If it is, I'll fix it. If it requires Minetweaker intervention, I may not. My energies are directed to getting 1.1.2 out, which, atm, is taking far longer than expected. Speaking of which, expect 1.1.2 no earlier than Monday, and probably Tuesday or Wednesday. It is hard for me to get any appreciable work done on weekends, so it really depends on what I can get done tonight.

It is. IguanaTweaksTConstruct.cfg,
B:moreExpensiveSilkyCloth=true

found it while looking for something else in another pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1407230884][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure about parts of the original shuttle but right now we are focusing on the cities we had planed on having some ruins this update however we ran into a problem with the chest loot in the ruins mod that will take some time to fix and with the cities taking so long he decided to keep the dunes but remove the structures. I will be talking to him about the ruins after this update and dont worry scene we are still using the dunes there wont be a need for a map restart to get the new ruins just explore a little more.
And to everyone that made building suggestions thanks that helped me a lot right now i built 2 new buildings a library and a government building plus my surprise building. As to the other buildings suggested well the city already has something like 11-12 buildings but there are some id like to use for the ruins so just wait and see.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

How bout a building the shape of a huge bicycle pump or a balloon?

*grin*

Lansy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but... anyways.
In a world with very good fps (by my standards) after dropping a 100% Exposed empty pcb into Etching Acid with an OpenBlocks Dropper next to an omnidirectional hopper (set to pick the item in the acic up a few tics later) The pcb is completely deleted from the game and the world becomes unstable and fps drops to an unplayable ammount. (0-2 fps) I think this is some sort of bug. If it is fixable, great, if not others should avoid this.

I am playing on version 1.1.1 of Crash Landing and I am using the Soartex texture pack. The lag is not caused by the texture pack because disabling it does not fix the lag.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but... anyways.
In a world with very good fps (by my standards) after dropping a 100% Exposed empty pcb into Etching Acid with an OpenBlocks Dropper next to an omnidirectional hopper (set to pick the item in the acic up a few tics later) The pcb is completely deleted from the game and the world becomes unstable and fps drops to an unplayable ammount. (0-2 fps) I think this is some sort of bug. If it is fixable, great, if not others should avoid this.

I am playing on version 1.1.1 of Crash Landing and I am using the Soartex texture pack. The lag is not caused by the texture pack because disabling it does not fix the lag.

u sure it's not in an infinite loop between the dropper and hopper? also, if reproducible, use F3 while redoing steps and see if entities goes up. if opis is enabled run before and after and compare results (if you are so inclined).

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
could carrots and potatoes be returned to the sieved dirt drop table as Ex Nihilo usually includes them.
Loot chest ideas - dyes, blaze rods, enchanted books and spawn eggs.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
could carrots and potatoes be returned to the sieved dirt drop table as Ex Nihilo usually includes them.
Iskandar specifically removed carrots and potatoes, and is even removing them further in v1.1.2 by removing them from the drop tables from zombies. Iskandar feels vanilla foods are too familiar and too over powered, and you should have to use harvestcraft foods instead. Wheat and Apples are the only foods he seems to be okay with not removing.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Iskandar specifically removed carrots and potatoes, and is even removing them further in v1.1.2 by removing them from the drop tables from zombies. Iskandar feels vanilla foods are too familiar and too over powered, and you should have to use harvestcraft foods instead. Wheat and Apples are the only foods he seems to be okay with not removing.

Being an american, all I gotta say is without those american fries, I will be shamed into eating zuchini fries and that my son, will be a very very sad day.... (removes tongue in cheek)

Seriously, they should be available maybe mid-late game to fulfill the other feast(s). Maybe make the other feasts' recipes created via a TE item frame or something? Those are hearty meals mind you. There goes my RP for having a breakfast, lunch (burger) and dinner (pizza) :}

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
What about the Division SIgn thing as rare loot? I don't know of another way to get unstable Ingots and they might be cool :p.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Being an american, all I gotta say is without those american fries, I will be shamed into eating zuchini fries and that my son, will be a very very sad day.... (removes tongue in cheek)

Seriously, they should be available maybe mid-late game to fulfill the other feast(s). Maybe make the other feasts' recipes created via a TE item frame or something? Those are hearty meals mind you. There goes my RP for having a breakfast, lunch (burger) and dinner (pizza) :}
The only alternative I can think of is making sweet potatoes replace regular potatoes in all recipes that use regular potatoes, but that would probably require tons of minetweaking code. Another idea is to allow potatoes to be found in a far off ruin in a chest that is difficult to get to, so you can't have access to them early game.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
What about the Division SIgn thing as rare loot? I don't know of another way to get unstable Ingots and they might be cool :p.

You can get the division sigil from the wither still. get wither skulls from skels dropped in witch water, etc.... I did it in previous version not so long ago.