[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Woo. ok, reverted Special Mobs to 2.6. I've removed all the annoying type mobs (no fishing zombies, no poison mobs outside of spiders, no nija or shaman AI). I've extended the sight range of all hostile mobs. If they see you from about range 40 they should track you. Not as good as Zombie Awareness, but without the lag. You can enable ZA if you feel like it, it is still included, just disabled.

Also, there is roughly a 1 in 5,000 chance you might see a creeper flying a mini ghast and a roughly 1 in 500 chance of seeing a Witch riding a spider. Also, most spiders will be hostile during the day and almost all zombie pigmen will be hostile on sight. Oh, and you will see a few zombie pigmen in the overworld if you go exploring. They won't spawn near your shuttle, though.

Oh, and carrots and potatoes no longer drop from zombies.

I'd suggest going exploring with a jetpack. Just saying.

(and I fixed that bugged quest)

Gotta finish tweaking the blocks and then get someone to test this thing. Tonight, hopefully.

Reactions: cannajan

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Woo. ok, reverted Special Mobs to 2.6. I've removed all the annoying type mobs (no fishing zombies, no poison mobs outside of spiders, no nija or shaman AI). I've extended the sight range of all hostile mobs. If they see you from about range 40 they should track you. Not as good as Zombie Awareness, but without the lag. You can enable ZA if you feel like it, it is still included, just disabled.

Also, there is roughly a 1 in 5,000 chance you might see a creeper flying a mini ghast and a roughly 1 in 500 chance of seeing a Witch riding a spider. Also, most spiders will be hostile during the day and almost all zombie pigmen will be hostile on sight. Oh, and you will see a few zombie pigmen in the overworld if you go exploring. They won't spawn near your shuttle, though.

Oh, and carrots and potatoes no longer drop from zombies.

I'd suggest going exploring with a jetpack. Just saying.

(and I fixed that bugged quest)

Gotta finish tweaking the blocks and then get someone to test this thing. Tonight, hopefully.
Sounds cool! if you need someone to test it, I get off work in a couple of hours and can easily spend time this evening going through it (or most evenings for that matter) LOL

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Really liking SFM. Changed my setup so the input chest for empty or near empty camel packs goes in chest 1 and full camel packs land back in chest 1 as well for me to pickup. Now I only interact with the one chest.

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to put the 'double jump' ability on my Tinker's Construct Exo-suit legs, but I can't seem to get it to work. The recipe is a ghast tear, congealed blue and green slime blocks, and I've put 30% speed on my boots, so clearly I'm missing something. Thank you, virtually useless ftb wiki... Is it a boots buff only?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to put the 'double jump' ability on my Tinker's Construct Exo-suit legs, but I can't seem to get it to work. The recipe is a ghast tear, congealed blue and green slime blocks, and I've put 30% speed on my boots, so clearly I'm missing something. Thank you, virtually useless ftb wiki... Is it a boots buff only?
Says on the wiki "only for shoes"

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Very exciting! Any thoughts on making beds harder to get, so players can't get one on the first day to avoid all mobs?
Avoiding all mobs on this pack would be problematic, they are an important early resource, and you need the cooler work time in the evening. I for one would call beds a very two edged sword.[DOUBLEPOST=1406752555][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol, I'm going to HATE the mini creepers........ they wreck many early game pit traps.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Did u get this working? I have trouble with the item detection options, nothing is making SFM do the crafting properly. The recipe depends on damage values. Is there a trick i don't see?

Without actually trying this I'd imagine it has something to do with the metadata value's on the item (which probably pertain to the storage level) making whatever assembler block you're trying to use not recognize the camel pack.

I know that AE crafting works (ignores metadata) and I think the TE Cyclic assembler will as well.

PaulVito

Jul 29, 2019
Hi why i dont have a sapling in the strongbox ??? and needles tto just wondering ?

Attachments

• 2014-07-30_22.46.25.png
    2014-07-30_22.46.25.png
    280 KB · Views: 68

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
ZeekDaGeek and Fomanchoo as well.

Note that I've also seen a number of streamers throw up their hands and move on to something else when hitting the pneumatic craft wall. The plants are bad enough, but the UV box serves no purpose but a time waste, and the etching acid (where if you don't pick it up halfway, the item actually decays) is approaching the level of griefing from the modder. And you need seven (70 minutes just in the UV box) before you can automate it more seriously (since when do lasers run on air pressure?)

I've taken to making the unetched PCB and using NEI to simply swap them out for the unassembled pcb. It was that or just stop playing the map. Perhaps there could be a repeatable quest for that swap, or a single one for 7x Empty PCB -> 7x Unassembled, which is the minimum to setup an assembly line.

I really, really, really, dislike Pneumaticcraft. I think your usage of the term "approaching the level of griefing" is absolutely correct. This is coming from someone who actually enjoys the difficulty and hoops of Gregtech.

Come to think of it, boy it would be cool if this mod ditched PC and TE and went GT, or if there was a GT variant of this map. I don't even know if that' s possible even if there was interest - GregoriousT is kind of a knob and last I recall you couldn't run GT and TiCo together because mDiyo and him hate each other or something. DRAMA!

Reactions: MrPeach774

Roque Grimaldo

Jul 29, 2019
when i play crash landing version 1.1.1 they don't appear the two sapplings, the one piece dirt and the ammo for the weapon are given when you are beginning to play the game. please someone help

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
when i play crash landing version 1.1.1 they don't appear the two sapplings, the one piece dirt and the ammo for the weapon are given when you are beginning to play the game. please someone help
You get those from quest just follow the beginners quest and you will get them

Burshaz

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things…

Cactus
I tried the cactus route for hydration, and cacti grow so slowly it's not worth it. By the time you have multiplied enough cactus plants (either by harvesting and re-planting or sieving for seeds) to generate enough water to keep you hydrated, you have much better options for hydration.

Watering Cans
As with so many XU things, the watering can is totally OP. I personally try to avoid XU whenever I can because it feels too much like cheating. I refuse to use its cobble generator too.

Survivalist Generator
These are OP in the early stages of this pack and should be dependent on PneumatiCraft too. The initial wreck could contain one (it makes sense to have a survivalist generator as standard equipment on an escape shuttle), and there should be a "go to location" quest about 1000 blocks out (1.5 days walk there and back), where there is some more wreckage containing some machines including another survivalist generator. All additional generators should be gated behind PneumatiCraft.

Fluid Tranposers
I would also give the player only one Fluid Transposer at the start. One extra Fluid Transposer could be in the additional "survivalist generator" wreck.

Pneumaticraft
I ground through PneumatiCraft, and it is indeed a royal PITA. And in Crash Landing, all the good stuff is gated behind PneumatiCraft, so we are pushed into PC quite early in the game when resources are still scarce and this makes it extra frustrating. But some tips:

- Seed harvesting cannot be automated with the tech you have at this stage of the game, but there are some simple constructions you can build with blocks, droppers, buttons, conveyer belts etc which help make this a little less tedious - Google these devices up.

- Set up a dedicated area for each seed, in total this area will need to be about 3 chunks in size.

- The pressure chamber requires constant baby sitting, but a simple comparator on a pressure gauge and line of redstone back to the compressors will stop it blowing up.

- You can use an air canister on a charging station like an energy cell. This will give you instant pressure on a PC network because the pressure equalises throughout the network.

- The interfaces use heaps air to operate (3 charcoal per stack of items going in, and about the same coming back out), so it's much faster and uses MUCH less fuel just to break two blocks of the pressure chamber, throw in stacks of items and then rebuild the chamber.

- I cooked up 4 stacks each of green, black and blue plastic, and a stack each of a couple of other colours. This was enough to kick start some automation.

- I lost heaps of resources to items despawning, this whole process requires CONSTANT ATTENTION which is something I totally fail at. On advice from MineMaarten I set a real-life egg timer to 2 minutes, and whenever it went off I raced back to my PC setup. This helped a lot but I still lost a few stacks of iron and some PCBs when I got side tracked while running back :)

- Getting a PC system up and running requires an obscene amount of iron. Build a High Oven first to triple ores. (As an aside, High Ovens are far superior to Smelteries for automation because they triple ores and don't create alloys. I smelt ores in the High Oven then melt down blocks of metal in the Smeltery to create alloys.)

- Don't etch your PCBs one at a time. Save up a batch of 16 and throw them all in the acid at once. And remember to start your egg timer :)

- Use your first batch of PCBs to set up all the assembly line machines and then the PCB grind is over!! Celebrate!!

Hope that helps, and
KeepOnDigging!

Did you check the upgrades for the PC chamber? The item life upgrade will prevent anything inside of it from despawning. PCB etching after fully curing in the light box is relatively quick and as you said doing multiple at one time is the trick.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and one more thing...

The item transfer node recipe for Openblocks needs to be gated behind something else. I would recommend steel from the high oven or rubber (sifting dirt for rubber seeds).

The reasoning behind this is that the Igneneous extruder is gated behind the PITA Pneumaticcraft and the Transfer Node can do the same thing with a vanilla cobble gen (and does it faster and better) but only requires that you established a slab furnace to be able to make.

In the last game I played I had this up within 20 minutes and 30 minutes after that I had completely walled off a massive area (with lighting) from my barrel of cobble. Plenty of room to expand, no danger or risk, just food/water management (at least until you get a 9x9 farm plot going).

If it was moved back a bit, but still before Pneumaticcraft that would seem fine.

Also, Pneumaticcraft sucks :/ Too much grindy to automate. Good thing I am good at Redstone from playing heaps of vanilla.

TheDarkOne

Jul 29, 2019
you should add Just a plane survival feature to this it would make doing your map more bearable for the high engsieaty people like me and my friend who just lost his dad

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, huge memory leak happened to me. Entire world became transparent and everything went invisible. Checked task manager, java was using over 6 gigs of memory.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
you should add Just a plane survival feature to this it would make doing your map more bearable for the high engsieaty people like me and my friend who just lost his dad

There are plenty of options for people who want to play on peacefull mode a mod pack labeled hard core may not be the place for you.

People who've suffered major trama may have difficulty playing a wide variety of Xbox fps war games.... That doesn't mean every video game must be mariocart.