[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
No, I left survival generators alone on purpose. It only produces 5 rf/tick, but it is enough to trickle charge a transposer for water or kickstart a grinder, or even, very slowly, make a shell if you took the easy route.
A transposer trickled by a single survivalist generator can't keep up with the player's rate of dehydration, though. You need at least two. xD

See, the problem with using MFR to harvest cacti is that it's not a pre-tech option. We were discussing pre-tech specifically. One thing I can't believe I never thought of is using the autonomous activator to help with watering. Can it use watering cans? If not, can it harvest the rice while I water it? I must try this!

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Watering Cans can't be used in fake players. They get destroyed if you do.

People found out that that was a cheap method of growing plants fast. And the intent of the Watering Can was for the player to spend time using it, not to be automated. So they get crumpled up if you try now.

An AA should be able to harvest though. But at the cost of an AA for each plant.

Zeebo30

Jul 29, 2019
i can't download the pack i keep getting a message saying "error downloading modpack!!!" and i cannot figure out why. Other packs download, just tested it, but this one refuses to. Please help :)

Edit: Nevermind it appears to have randomly fixed itself.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

People found out that that was a cheap method of growing plants fast. And the intent of the Watering Can was for the player to spend time using it, not to be automated. So they get crumpled up if you try now.

An AA should be able to harvest though. But at the cost of an AA for each plant.

That's sorta bin changed with the 1.7 version. You just have to make that version by sacrificing one of your harts. Permanently.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
On cacti for water, I planted a stack of cacti and manually harvested/replanted (to make sure drops weren't destroyed by other cacti) them every other day. This provided more cacti than I needed for those two days. Surplus were made into soup.

Too bad they can't be used in a Transposer :(

This is why I Transposed leaves despite it taking ten to make a bottle. I had plenty of water already and just wanted an easily automated method.
A stack of cacti will get you places. The first stack of dust I ever sifted in Crash Landing got me precisely zero cactus seeds. The second stack got me three. By the time I was up to sixteen, any water I could have gotten from cacti was massively dwarfed by my fan-operated mob grinder. If watering cans work on cacti, though...
Well, I'll have to give it a try once I get home! Being stuck inside my ship overnight without water is really gonna put me in a bad situation.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019

That's... Good to know before I wreck a can. They're cheap, but why waste smelted stone? When the AA harvests rice, does it just go flying out? I haven't made a vacuum hopper yet, but I certainly have the capability now that I have a defensive wall. Just pop my head out, give an enderman the death stare, and laugh at their inability to dodge needle rounds from inside my ship.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, My RP starting new maps has always been to A: seal up the flaming nacelle and B:dig out the shuttle to carry out a damage inspection..... with the new map that's a LOT harder to get done in the first day without compromising survival. That's a lot of dust to remove with a spanner while still leaving time to grow a few trees.

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
Good day guys, i would like to ask how do i add the silk touch modifier on my scythe, i cant seem to put silky jewel onto the newly made scythe.
any tips will help thanks =)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Good day guys, i would like to ask how do i add the silk touch modifier on my scythe, i cant seem to put silky jewel onto the newly made scythe.
any tips will help thanks =)
With Iguana Tweaks there's no modifiers available on newly made items. Use it for a while until it levels up and then it should have a modifier available.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things…

Cactus
I tried the cactus route for hydration, and cacti grow so slowly it's not worth it. By the time you have multiplied enough cactus plants (either by harvesting and re-planting or sieving for seeds) to generate enough water to keep you hydrated, you have much better options for hydration.

Watering Cans
As with so many XU things, the watering can is totally OP. I personally try to avoid XU whenever I can because it feels too much like cheating. I refuse to use its cobble generator too.

Survivalist Generator
These are OP in the early stages of this pack and should be dependent on PneumatiCraft too. The initial wreck could contain one (it makes sense to have a survivalist generator as standard equipment on an escape shuttle), and there should be a "go to location" quest about 1000 blocks out (1.5 days walk there and back), where there is some more wreckage containing some machines including another survivalist generator. All additional generators should be gated behind PneumatiCraft.

Fluid Tranposers
I would also give the player only one Fluid Transposer at the start. One extra Fluid Transposer could be in the additional "survivalist generator" wreck.

Pneumaticraft
I ground through PneumatiCraft, and it is indeed a royal PITA. And in Crash Landing, all the good stuff is gated behind PneumatiCraft, so we are pushed into PC quite early in the game when resources are still scarce and this makes it extra frustrating. But some tips:

- Seed harvesting cannot be automated with the tech you have at this stage of the game, but there are some simple constructions you can build with blocks, droppers, buttons, conveyer belts etc which help make this a little less tedious - Google these devices up.

- Set up a dedicated area for each seed, in total this area will need to be about 3 chunks in size.

- The pressure chamber requires constant baby sitting, but a simple comparator on a pressure gauge and line of redstone back to the compressors will stop it blowing up.

- You can use an air canister on a charging station like an energy cell. This will give you instant pressure on a PC network because the pressure equalises throughout the network.

- The interfaces use heaps air to operate (3 charcoal per stack of items going in, and about the same coming back out), so it's much faster and uses MUCH less fuel just to break two blocks of the pressure chamber, throw in stacks of items and then rebuild the chamber.

- I cooked up 4 stacks each of green, black and blue plastic, and a stack each of a couple of other colours. This was enough to kick start some automation.

- I lost heaps of resources to items despawning, this whole process requires CONSTANT ATTENTION which is something I totally fail at. On advice from MineMaarten I set a real-life egg timer to 2 minutes, and whenever it went off I raced back to my PC setup. This helped a lot but I still lost a few stacks of iron and some PCBs when I got side tracked while running back :)

- Getting a PC system up and running requires an obscene amount of iron. Build a High Oven first to triple ores. (As an aside, High Ovens are far superior to Smelteries for automation because they triple ores and don't create alloys. I smelt ores in the High Oven then melt down blocks of metal in the Smeltery to create alloys.)

- Don't etch your PCBs one at a time. Save up a batch of 16 and throw them all in the acid at once. And remember to start your egg timer :)

- Use your first batch of PCBs to set up all the assembly line machines and then the PCB grind is over!! Celebrate!!

Hope that helps, and
KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: ScottieC

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things…

Cactus
I tried the cactus route for hydration, and cacti grow so slowly it's not worth it. By the time you have multiplied enough cactus plants (either by harvesting and re-planting or sieving for seeds) to generate enough water to keep you hydrated, you have much better options for hydration.

Watering Cans
As with so many XU things, the watering can is totally OP. I personally try to avoid XU whenever I can because it feels too much like cheating. I refuse to use its cobble generator too.

Survivalist Generator
These are OP in the early stages of this pack and should be dependent on PneumatiCraft too. The initial wreck could contain one (it makes sense to have a survivalist generator as standard equipment on an escape shuttle), and there should be a "go to location" quest about 1000 blocks out (1.5 days walk there and back), where there is some more wreckage containing some machines including another survivalist generator. All additional generators should be gated behind PneumatiCraft.

Fluid Tranposers
I would also give the player only one Fluid Transposer at the start. One extra Fluid Transposer could be in the additional "survivalist generator" wreck.

Pneumaticraft
I ground through PneumatiCraft, and it is indeed a royal PITA. And in Crash Landing, all the good stuff is gated behind PneumatiCraft, so we are pushed into PC quite early in the game when resources are still scarce and this makes it extra frustrating. But some tips:

- Seed harvesting cannot be automated with the tech you have at this stage of the game, but there are some simple constructions you can build with blocks, droppers, buttons, conveyer belts etc which help make this a little less tedious - Google these devices up.

- Set up a dedicated area for each seed, in total this area will need to be about 3 chunks in size.

- The pressure chamber requires constant baby sitting, but a simple comparator on a pressure gauge and line of redstone back to the compressors will stop it blowing up.

- You can use an air canister on a charging station like an energy cell. This will give you instant pressure on a PC network because the pressure equalises throughout the network.

- The interfaces use heaps air to operate (3 charcoal per stack of items going in, and about the same coming back out), so it's much faster and uses MUCH less fuel just to break two blocks of the pressure chamber, throw in stacks of items and then rebuild the chamber.

- I cooked up 4 stacks each of green, black and blue plastic, and a stack each of a couple of other colours. This was enough to kick start some automation.

- I lost heaps of resources to items despawning, this whole process requires CONSTANT ATTENTION which is something I totally fail at. On advice from MineMaarten I set a real-life egg timer to 2 minutes, and whenever it went off I raced back to my PC setup. This helped a lot but I still lost a few stacks of iron and some PCBs when I got side tracked while running back :)

- Getting a PC system up and running requires an obscene amount of iron. Build a High Oven first to triple ores. (As an aside, High Ovens are far superior to Smelteries for automation because they triple ores and don't create alloys. I smelt ores in the High Oven then melt down blocks of metal in the Smeltery to create alloys.)

- Don't etch your PCBs one at a time. Save up a batch of 16 and throw them all in the acid at once. And remember to start your egg timer :)

- Use your first batch of PCBs to set up all the assembly line machines and then the PCB grind is over!! Celebrate!!

Hope that helps, and
KeepOnDigging!

Why would you need 2 Fluid Transposers anyway?
For the pressure chamber put a life upgrade in so they won't despawn, it's an easy one to make. Just keep that timer for acid etching.
The watering can cuts down on the food grind, but I don't think that makes it OP.

Reactions: pc_assassin

mobthe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

when i download the recommend version or the 1.1.1 version it says always Error loading modpack? Why? Can anyone help me pls

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I've also been having that download error, and the FTB launcher's error message isn't exactly clear. It looks like an MD5 key is being compared when I get that error, but that could also be a connection token or something. It's like some key file isn't correct but the launcher can't tell which one.

Brenden Cousland

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me? When i download Crash Landing i try to got multiplayer but there is no option the button is gone i have tryed force update and adding the pack with the code "BOOM"!! any suggestions

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hey iskandar, the drum from XU in 1.1.1 is cheaper than normal. You made it harder back then before you fixed the rain, but now that stone barrels are cheap again, drums are cheaper than their original recipe.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
To automate water processioning. Saplings go in one water is transferred into the second. And bottled there.
That works. I just lerned SFM, and got it doing the same thing. I fill my pack, drop the empties back into the chest, add some leaves/rotten flesh and when I've come back I'll have 4 bottle of clean water. And my way save on the leaves/dirt.