[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the pack performs fine (which is a miracle on a WinXP 32-bit rig with 2 GB of DDR2, let me tell you :V ). I do get the occasional stutter from Zombie Awareness, but nothing lengthy or persistent.

I really suck at this, though. I haven't died yet (on Easy map), but I'm struggling just to stay hydrated! xD These kinda maps don't always suit my relaxed pace of gameplay, but I think I've figured out how to get out of the slow death spiral I was formerly in. Getting shears really helped me, I have so much wood from grinding saplings for a furnace (and later for dirty water). I also finally started working on crops since I'm about to get bludgeoned by Spice of Life. Looking at all the options with rice alone, I think I can get my hunger bar back from the brink. :D

I just got a clay bucket full of lava, now I need to put down some wood planks (I have plenty! :< ) and set up a nice cobblegen underground where I don't have to worry about the local star giving me heatstroke.

I haven't used Thermal Expansion since Minecraft 1.2.5, most of it is pretty easy to pick up from having watched people on Twitch now and again, but I'm not sure what to do about that fuel leak. How can I stop it from spewing fire everywhere? xD

Mk6200

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any server files? Me and some friends wanna play but we don't want to port LAN to our router

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Are there any server files? Me and some friends wanna play but we don't want to port LAN to our router
Sorry, no. Setting up server files isn't something I'm good at. The existing files should work if copied to a server, with the caveat that occasionally Minetweaker scripts don't load.

geels12

Jul 29, 2019
I died because of a lag. Zombies somehow stopped walking toward me, I couldn't punch them and when the lag passed by, I got instakilled (no armor until I got my first sync cage). That sucks.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I'm never gonna use an autonomous activator to auto mine cobblestone. Entity count is over 3000 after leaving it for a short period of time. I'll use the AA to for another function. Will produce season 2 soon. :D

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm never gonna use an autonomous activator to auto mine cobblestone. Entity count is over 3000 after leaving it for a short period of time. I'll use the AA to for another function. Will produce season 2 soon. :D
Why would you ever use an activator to mine cobble? Terrain Smasher. And yes, that happens with an Activator and Zombie Awareness. I'm really considering removing it for that reason.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you ever use an activator to mine cobble? Terrain Smasher. And yes, that happens with an Activator and Zombie Awareness. I'm really considering removing it for that reason.

Before (not sure when it was changed) the Terrain Smasher was one of the optional rewards along with a survivalist generator in the quests. Now it gives you an AA from a quest so I thought of having a semi-auto AA cobblestone generator (because the pick would wear out). But maybe using the AA to sift the dust/dirt/gravel would be a better use of it. I'm starting over due to lag, but I'm happy with the current changes and challenges that has been added to the modpack. Thanks!

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Before (not sure when it was changed) the Terrain Smasher was one of the optional rewards along with a survivalist generator in the quests. Now it gives you an AA from a quest so I thought of having a semi-auto AA cobblestone generator (because the pick would wear out). But maybe using the AA to sift the dust/dirt/gravel would be a better use of it. I'm starting over due to lag, but I'm happy with the current changes and challenges that has been added to the modpack. Thanks!

I think it was changed for 1.0.8

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tetshio

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hmm, would one of you people having lag issues with an activator try something for me? Go into your configs, under zombie awareness. The general.cfg? Change the tickRatePlayerLoop to 10 instead of 1. See if that helps. It might be having an issue with the fact that the Activator is a fake player. If this works I will make it a permanent change.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry but I cannot get past 2 nights without dying of hunger thirst or heatstroke and I think there should be an even easier version or a way to balance it out like starting with a full camelpack
Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm sorry but I cannot get past 2 nights without dying of hunger thirst or heatstroke and I think there should be an even easier version or a way to balance it out like starting with a full camelpack
Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Um, but you DO start with a camel pack and enough water to fill it. Um, you are doing the quests, right? Because that is the very first quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1405183682][/DOUBLEPOST]
That map that generates with a new world has a command block in it.
That is perfectly fine. As long as the map actually generates it is doing exactly what I need it to do. I can edit the template before I release 1.1.1.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Um, but you DO start with a camel pack and enough water to fill it. Um, you are doing the quests, right? Because that is the very first quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1405183682][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is perfectly fine. As long as the map actually generates it is doing exactly what I need it to do. I can edit the template before I release 1.1.1.
yes I try to and I do like how vanilla hardcore normally forces you to take things slowly and thi slack makes you take things faster and it is really fun to play. I think some torches at the beginning would be nice just to prevent a little bit of mob spawning. The engine leaking pyrotheum is too close(I think just a few more blocks is good and has started my wooden patchwork on the ship on fire(I know I could use other materials) but it also heats you up alot

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Torches wont help at the beginning. Mobs will still come towards you. If you need it easier disable Zombie Awareness, that'll keep to many from swarming you.

For the pyrotheum, just fill the area in with dust so you only have the source block to worry about and just keep things filled or empty 2 blocks from it.

D

Deleted member 128424

you can place the maps in your crash landing save file. windows key + r type "%appdata%" open roaming, go to crash landing > minecraft > saves > (drop the save files you dl'd from first page of this forum) done
I tried that also.... no maps. I'll never be able to play this modpack ever again. D: