[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
OK rage moment I was about 12 hours into this world then BOOM died to lava. Ok good thing I was playing on the easy map, heading to sync shell. Now i need to get my gravestone hmm how should I do this??? *whack* -pc_assassin tried to swim in lava to escape from skeleton. :mad: ***Your sync chamber didnt finish before you went out, as a result you have died. Have a nice day!!!! :)***

I always cover up lava so I don't accidentally fall into it later.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that is one right now. Forget what it is called, but it has a blue lightning bolt on it. It charges by being struck by lightning.

There is two more, disabled. One takes EU to make pressure, but no IC2. The other takes MJ, but we don't have BuildCraft so it is disabled. That said, RF can convert to MJ so I will be adding a recipe for that one in 1.0.8.
Gotcha. Thanks! Lightning is a little..unreliable..shall we say :) But I might give it a try! I look forward to all of the changes in 1.0.8!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
That is intended. You are supposed to get to the point of automating water, usually with a harvester/planter combo. Of course, that takes tech, and that take Pneumaticcraft. It is a deliberate balance point.

With the removal of rain, I will be re-adding wooden barrels and reverting stone barrels to their normal crafting recipe. I will also, then, buff leaves to 100 mB each and nerf saplings slightly to 100 mB each. The idea being the transposer/crucible route is faster but less efficient, while composting->dirt->dirty water->clean water is more efficient but slower and harder to automate.

If I can get a way to add transposer recipes directly, I'd like to remove leaves from the crucible and add them to the transposer. ATM I can't do that, as the method I am using now requires that a)all recipes have an output and b) all recipes be reversible. Making recipes that can not thus be exploitable is somewhat hard, I need the output items something you can get normally or cannot be used elsewhere. (A good example of this failing is oak tree sapling->grass. Grass can be composted, meaning you can double dip the water output a bit)

Edit: Someone mentioned a problem automating pressure regulation in Pneumaticcraft. The simplest way to do this is using a pressure gauge tube and 8 redstone. Simply replace one of the regular pressure tubes in your system with a pressure gauge system, lay down 8 redstone between it and your compressor, and set the compressor to turn off when it receives a redstone signal. Since the gauge gives off a signal equal to twice the pressure it contains, when your system goes above 4 bars of pressure that puts off enough redstone signal to travel through 8 redstone dust and turn off the compressor. When the pressure drops below 4 bars, the compressor will lose the signal and turn back on. Do note, the compressor will not turn off until it completes a burn cycle, it won't just stop in the middle. For coal and charcoal this isn't a problem, as even 1 extra won't be enough to push the pressure into the red zone. Using coal or charcoal blocks, otoh, is dangerous as a full block is more than enough to raise the pressure too much.
what about output of sticks?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
what about output of sticks?
Sticks wouldn't work, again, the output must be unique from recipe to recipe.

I'm waiting for either modtweaker to get TE3 support (soon) or Minalien to foix the bug that makes transposer recipes not work in the Jadedsblood mod.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
OK rage moment I was about 12 hours into this world then BOOM died to lava. Ok good thing I was playing on the easy map, heading to sync shell. Now i need to get my gravestone hmm how should I do this??? *whack* -pc_assassin tried to swim in lava to escape from skeleton. :mad: ***Your sync chamber didnt finish before you went out, as a result you have died. Have a nice day!!!! :)***

You should have made backups. I got 25 of them :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Sticks wouldn't work, again, the output must be unique from recipe to recipe.

I'm waiting for either modtweaker to get TE3 support (soon) or Minalien to foix the bug that makes transposer recipes not work in the Jadedsblood mod.
to bad cause that would be cool.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
to bad cause that would be cool.
My intention, as soon as I get access one way or another, to transposer recipes, is to have all sapling give a stick, non-reversible. I want all leaves to give their respective saplings, at a low chance, or nothing otherwise.

Croccy

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make a server out of this?
Use the open to lan feature, or just copy the mods and config folder over to a vanilla forge minecraft server, don't forget to copy the world over and rename it to "world" or whatever you specified in the server properties file.

Not a Tester

Jul 29, 2019
Because FTB is capable of automatically updating packs as necessary, it allows much easier control of Java settings, and you don't have to manually set up each instance?

Personally, I'd recommend MultiMC. Superior in almost every respect to the vanilla launcher and better overall even than FTB.[DOUBLEPOST=1403481155][/DOUBLEPOST]
May not be, I'm not a Mac person, but the point is the same, check to see if an update exists for Java. That error is specific to Java update problems.

You were right, I did have a java update to get.
But now I got this:
New Con Log.txt
any help?

Attachments

• New Con Log.txt
    47.4 KB · Views: 186

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
ava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space is your problem. This is why both the FTB launcher and MultiMC are superior to the vanilla launcher, you can more easily set the needed Java commands . For modded Minecraft, the default memory is never enough.
Edit the profile, at the bottom is a checkbox for JVM arguments. Add this: -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=256m (if you only have 4 GB of ram, -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:permSize=256m)

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
How am I supposed to get a glacial thingy? How do I get a logic expansion card? It looks like I need cards to make cards.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
How am I supposed to get a glacial thingy? How do I get a logic expansion card? It looks like I need cards to make cards.

Yah it requires pneumatic craft know-how. Something I don't have, ah well time to watch some direwolf.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
someone told you transfer node (liquid) when you make 3 source bolcks of water and put it there it will make water generator? and dont use source

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
someone told you transfer node (liquid) when you make 3 source bolcks of water and put it there it will make water generator? and dont use source
Fixed in 1.0.8.[DOUBLEPOST=1403550682][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yah it requires pneumatic craft know-how. Something I don't have, ah well time to watch some direwolf.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
There is a quest line for that. Soon as you do the ingot quest it will unlock the Under Pressure quest line, which will walk you through setting up pneumaticcraft.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ugh. Ok, I've been sick, modpack progress will be slow. 1.0.8 will only be a minor update. If all goes well, 1.0.8 will be the last 1.0.x, and the mod will move from early beta/unstable to beta/stable. That means the week after will be the first of the 1.1.x updates. World resets should be fairly uncommon, although when I implement the location quests there will be one last reset.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i keep seeing this on LPs so plz do me a favor. Stop Using Bones To Make TiCo tools. TiCo counts bones as 2 bone meal but if you check bones by scrolling over them and pressing u you will se that you can put them in a pulverizer for 6 bone meal. So when you use them before pulverizer is up and running you lose 3 but when making tool parts you lose 4 each bone. Save your bones unless you have a quest for them or emergency.[DOUBLEPOST=1403556099][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ugh. Ok, I've been sick, modpack progress will be slow. 1.0.8 will only be a minor update. If all goes well, 1.0.8 will be the last 1.0.x, and the mod will move from early beta/unstable to beta/stable. That means the week after will be the first of the 1.1.x updates. World resets should be fairly uncommon, although when I implement the location quests there will be one last reset.
this being the case i'll start my LP after the last reset. Then if anymore pop up will do like season 2 type of thing.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten into pneumaticraft yet, but watching a mod spotlight I see EVERYTHING uses iron. Jadedcat tweaked some of the recipes in AgSkies because of the high iron usage and allowed us to make some common items with ingots other than iron (i.e. hoppers and servos come to mind). My last playthrough on 1.0.5 had me constantly wishing I had more iron, while I left stacks of other metals sitting in my chests.

Does this imbalance still exist between iron ratios received from Ex Nihilo vs iron ratios required for building stuff? I might be a little premature in saying there's a problem, but I have concerns after looking over default recipes for pneumaticraft.