[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Playing 1.0.6 with rain disabled and I'm just ignoring vanilla foods in prep for 1.0.7. But assuming 1.0.7 has the quest where you get an oak sapling for a reward, you'll be able to use apples and oak saplings to craft apple saplings and then spam grow harvestcraft apple trees. Not sure if you consider this too OP or not Iskandar. It took me an hour to get a dozen apple trees and now I'm living on fruit salads no problem, since each apple tree has 3-8 apples on them and they grow fairly quickly, and in terms of where I am in progression, I don't even have a smeltery yet. I know other packs typically disable the harvestcraft apple sapling recipe to curve this, or you could just not give us oak saplings. Just thought I'd let you know.

Playing with rain disabled really makes it challenging to make clay to get the smeltery started. It's taking me forever lol.

Last edited:

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing and it is an awesome map! I can't quite understand the sync mod but oh well :D Regular backups should save me.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Check the recipe for yellorium. Not sure if I included the sieve recipe for that in 1.0.5/1.0.6 or if it is in the upcoming 1.0.7 update.

You are likely to always remain sweating, hovering around 37.5 and 38 or so. The map is hot, after all. Keep your camel pack topped up and you'll be fine. Let your hydration fall below 70% to 80% for too long and your heat will spike. At that point, unless you drink a lot of water quickly you could end up in a death spiral where your hydration drops rapidly causing your heat to spike which causes your hydration to drop rapidly. Get much over 40 degrees and it is game over.
I didn't see one in 1.0.5 (it did say something about redstone dust to yellorium, but didn't see a way to get the dust) but didn't check since I upgraded to 6. I'll have to check later today once I'm back home.

And I didn't think so, I have an idea for some things I want to try to make it easier (need more infrastructure before I can even attempt it though), but once you have a good supply of water bottles it isn't too bad overall. Early on it can be a little tough though! This is one one of the few mods that killed me many times at the beginning and yet I can't stop playing LOL

Also, I saw the recipes for some of the passive mobs (cows, villagers, and I think a couple of others but can't remember). However there wasn't one for pigs or wolves. Just curious if those were left out for a reason or if there's a way to get those animals?

Lastly, are you in need of any more people to help you test updates before being released? If so, I'd love to help.

Thanks again!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I didn't see one in 1.0.5 (it did say something about redstone dust to yellorium, but didn't see a way to get the dust) but didn't check since I upgraded to 6. I'll have to check later today once I'm back home.

And I didn't think so, I have an idea for some things I want to try to make it easier (need more infrastructure before I can even attempt it though), but once you have a good supply of water bottles it isn't too bad overall. Early on it can be a little tough though! This is one one of the few mods that killed me many times at the beginning and yet I can't stop playing LOL

Also, I saw the recipes for some of the passive mobs (cows, villagers, and I think a couple of others but can't remember). However there wasn't one for pigs or wolves. Just curious if those were left out for a reason or if there's a way to get those animals?

Lastly, are you in need of any more people to help you test updates before being released? If so, I'd love to help.

Thanks again!
I might need more beta players. Want to get 1.0.7 done first.

Recipes for wolves and pigs don't exist yet. Wolves don't really do much for the player to make it worthwhile, and pigs I just couldn't think of a good recipe.[DOUBLEPOST=1402953152][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would it bother you Iskandar If I made a trailer video for this modpack/map?
Go ahead

Potato_Overlord

Jul 29, 2019
I hope to have the trailer up by tonight... at least the first version. Ideas just sometimes pop into my head like days later from when I need them. So don't be startled if there is more than one trailer.

maskatchi

Jul 29, 2019
I mean make them normal, yes. Me and a friend are playing this pack on a default world with enviromine disabled, and we just updated. As soon as we did, we noticed all of our tools (diamond) with no durability, however we want them to act like normal vanilla tools.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I mean make them normal, yes. Me and a friend are playing this pack on a default world with enviromine disabled, and we just updated. As soon as we did, we noticed all of our tools (diamond) with no durability, however we want them to act like normal vanilla tools.
Sorry, no. The only reason vanilla tools exist is because I don't feel like going through and reworking all the recipes that need them. You really should be using TiCo tools. Invar tools will work, also.

As a rule, I will not offer support for modified versions of my pack. This is not to be rude, but simply because finishing the development of the pack is taking the majority of my time and energy.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The tnt generators work really well for the cheap resources you feed it. It does sound like I'm being bombarded by a naval fleet in the distance (or this is what it sounds like when creepers have sex). Either way, I setup 4 tnt gens on outskirt of base and it's fully charged one resonant cell and half charged another, all 4 putting a full stack of tnt and each of the gens still have like 30-40 each. damn cool. didn't think to try that. thank you very much.

On a second note, I handled my water problem. Setup a Deep Tank (steelworks) (high tank?) and made it very very tall, used elevators to build it w/o jetpacks (next on list) and setup my water system to feed it and finally setup an actual set of pipes to my production line for soulsand and dumped all 100 of my hardened tanks plus my 4 resonant tanks full of water. this keeps me from running around during/after each rainstorm and lets me do actual stuff.

Removing aqueous accumulators from start definately changes the scope of this pack.

Overall, I get bored sometimes building and want to go out and kill the mass of monsters, explore. At least with this pack, as opposed to AS, you can do that to some extent (no exploring really). but alot of waiting creatures for my legendary sword. btw, where did that come from? I thought mastered was highest, but I have a legendary sword and axe. cool beans.

Thanks again for the pack. I'm having fun again and promise at least 2 days till I start griping again. btw, I don't even care when I get to aqueous accumulators now. My water issues are totally solved. Once you take away rain, well, then we have an issue. Is this really a pack to get people's awareness up on global warming? I KNOW YOUR INSIDIOUS PLANS!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Heh. So, there will be another difference between hard and easy maps coming up in 1.0.7. It should no longer rain in the hard map. At least around spawn. That was the last of the water issues, now sorted.

Potato_Overlord

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on working on it some more. Trying to find a song that is fitting. I think this might be the song. I just threw this together in a hour and a half. anything else you would suggest? Im trying to get as much input as possible.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Heh. So, there will be another difference between hard and easy maps coming up in 1.0.7. It should no longer rain in the hard map. At least around spawn. That was the last of the water issues, now sorted.
This is great news. I assume you went with a command block + redstone timer type thing?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
This is great news. I assume you went with a command block + redstone timer type thing?
Command block plus daylight sensor.
You sleep, you reset rain, anyway. You stay up all night, the daylight sensor puts out a redstone signal and clears the weather for 4 hours. In theory, it shouldn't rain as long as you stay near the command block, and depending on how chunk loading works, it may not rain at all.