[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
one other thing. the limestone. never used it except for mariculture (I think) before. Now? makes an awesome building material since if you ever need more, hit it with a hammer and multiply it by 3. :} BUT, I have one question. if you make slabs out of it, they are called limestone slabs and if you place the slab in the mob nospawn position (lower) they are called limestone slabs. if you place it in the top position, they are called creepy limestone slabs. I don't like the word creepy in there. :} F7 shows no spawning on any of the variations, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if that's just a text description or if they actually do anything?[DOUBLEPOST=1402865214][/DOUBLEPOST]
Huh, 1 block of plains? Not intended, and probably a glitch. As for the barrels, nothing on my end. Bug, probably. As for mobs using jetpacks, I seem to have an issue with config files corrupting a bit and resetting options. No, not intended, and I will fixit.

I restarted MC and the problem persisted. I was pretty upset to work up to stone barrels and have that happened so I ended up adding translocators to the pack, setup them and they worked fine. I was pretty beside myself on this wondering how you could have achieved this since you'd have to do something that wasn't a config setting (I scoured the cofh and aliquo/skyblock ones). translocators work fine for me. may be some wierd anomaly with the dl version or how I put it in.

the 1 block of plains is a white blip on the map. again, afaict it is useless. I built my base out to it and setup grass and for probably 2-3 weeks of MC time, no spawns. I setup a pool for squids that I go swimming and kill the buggers for some sweet sweet calamari for fish sandwiches and they are still the only spawns I've seen.

btw, thanks for the leather recipe! much appreciated.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, there are recipes for neutral mobs. Egg plus mob essence plus something else, except for chickens which are straight egg plus mob essence.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed too that if you use fluiducts on stone barrels to get water that you get nothing if you have them constantly trying to drain the barrels. You have to let the barrel fill some, drain it, then stop draining it to get more water.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
still playing 1.05 from the dlownload (not ftb launcher).

1) Once I got to stone barrels, I had the weirdest thing happen. I used the cobblegen to get a bunch of stone barrels, popped them down on top of a 3x6 array of barrels on the outside and fluiduct on the inside line with everything set as it should, and the tanks stayed at 0 during rain even tho I could see the barrels catching water then disappearing. removed it all, put one line of fluiducts with the stone barrels on top with the line ending up at a tank, same. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, it's the same setup I used previously for getting water in AG skies and this modpack before to get water. was this an intentional nerf, and if so, how did you accomplish it?

2) there is one singular block that I follwed to on the map north/west of your starting location that is a plains biome. I setup grass but no chickens. Was this intended to be for something? The only thing I could think of is that it might be used to get fresh water from the ground but by the time I found it, I have alot of dirt and making water for the camelpack is taken care of. I'm using rainwater to make soul sand in batches (made enough clay to last me for a long time).

3) noticed the config option is set to keep the enemies from using the jetpacks, is that intended? I wanted to watch flesh gordon use his jetpack but they wear it and walk towards you pretty silly.
did you remember to put in the servo and set it to no red stone or apply a redstone singal to the duct?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes they suck up a different item. I've found arrows and rotten flesh in there before. Try giving it an open (misc) inventory slot and see if it spits out something that isn't cobble stone.

Thanks, I stuck an extra barrel on and it seems to be getting dust from some where. The only being destroyed is cobble, and I'm not digging near it so I wonder where the dust is coming from.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
did you remember to put in the servo and set it to no red stone or apply a redstone singal to the duct?
of course. as I said, I've done this many times. everything should have worked perfectly but nothing was coming out. tanks were zero and barrels were emptying. it was going into nowhere. It was the exact setup I used in 1.04. Still don't know why. I ended up destroying the whole thing and laying it out non-scrunched and same result. you don't need servos all the time btw, in this case yes. The source end (near each barrel) was lit red.

edit: btw, what I meant in last sentence was that with fluiducts, if you servo first before changing the interface, when you wrench it, it's already set to redstone ignore, whereas if you wrench it, THEN add servo, it stays unmodified. just fluiducts do this. that's what I did and as I can see post below, I'm not alone. I wasn't about to setup a timer to get by what I saw as a bug or something. If this was intended, well then.... that's different.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I noticed too that if you use fluiducts on stone barrels to get water that you get nothing if you have them constantly trying to drain the barrels. You have to let the barrel fill some, drain it, then stop draining it to get more water.
good! I'm not crazy then! :} glad I've got company.

wierd that translocators bypassed that issue but wierder still that I didn't have this issue with wooden barrels. should NEI some in and see if that actually is the case still. I'm still struggling to get power up and running w/o adding magmatic dynamos back in. :) trying (emphasis on trying) to do things legit. I added factorization for the packager cause I refuse to make another 27x CYCLIC assembly line to do the conversion of dusts and have 0'd out all the other blocks in the config. just using it for packager. I fell asleep the last time I did that in AG skies creating blueprints and messed up like 2 or 3 of them even watching carefully. Now with the translocators in there, just using it for the barrels. but beyond that, nothing else. this is HARD. I've setup 3 mob traps and essence is trickling in, not enough for a full blown gunpowder/mob essence reactant dynamo yet. using all my energy supporting the grinders mostly and running out of coal and the generators are unusable (IMHO) cause you can't redstone them to turn them off. charging some batteries and carrying them to mob traps on other side of base. have alot of ingots but even though I've got 3xAA's pounding dust/gravel/sand/soulsand (when I can make it) it's difficult w/o water since you can't use combustion dynamo freely. I've got that running and it's using up my coal and I'm going to have to start burning wood. jeez, I'm ranting.... sorry! :)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
If you're ranting about the pack but still want more, then that means it's a good one.

Wait till you get the next release, setting up power gets even harder.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If you're ranting about the pack but still want more, then that means it's a good one.

Wait till you get the next release, setting up power gets even harder.

true that.

It's like the first time I played BNB I rage quitted after dying (unfairly at the time) like 10-20 times within the first 10 minutes, had to reset and start new world since it was still nighttime and I respawned (with nothing) and same monsters were waiting for me... cause I died near spawn and didn't even have a bed yet. Had to learn new things/tricks, etc. and just when you think you have it figured out, you run into this wall. I've been trying hard to keep myself setup with water in this pack and I'm doing excellent as far as supplying "ME" with water, but setting it up for doing, just about everything else.... I am 2/3 of the way through the AA reqs. have the enderium blocks and quartz glass and I stared at all the effort in doing that last bit (the 64k liquid storages) and just quit just now. enough for one day. heh I hate grinding so much, yet I keep on playing these packs which demand it in some way. trying to train my brain to deal with it, but sometimes it's just too much I think. and then I think that's a good thing.... which doesn't make sense till I realize that I'm a sado masochist and all is right in the world again. hehe I WILL do those liquid storages tomorrow and then I will swim in my pool with my squids and bask in all the free water I have.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
true that.

It's like the first time I played BNB I rage quitted after dying (unfairly at the time) like 10-20 times within the first 10 minutes, had to reset and start new world since it was still nighttime and I respawned (with nothing) and same monsters were waiting for me... cause I died near spawn and didn't even have a bed yet. Had to learn new things/tricks, etc. and just when you think you have it figured out, you run into this wall. I've been trying hard to keep myself setup with water in this pack and I'm doing excellent as far as supplying "ME" with water, but setting it up for doing, just about everything else.... I am 2/3 of the way through the AA reqs. have the enderium blocks and quartz glass and I stared at all the effort in doing that last bit (the 64k liquid storages) and just quit just now. enough for one day. heh I hate grinding so much, yet I keep on playing these packs which demand it in some way. trying to train my brain to deal with it, but sometimes it's just too much I think. and then I think that's a good thing.... which doesn't make sense till I realize that I'm a sado masochist and all is right in the world again. hehe I WILL do those liquid storages tomorrow and then I will swim in my pool with my squids and bask in all the free water I have.

Harvester dumping saplings into a transposers should work for the water issue.

Odd you are having power problems. Even a small farm should provide more essence and gunpowder than 1 reactant dynamo can use, and in turn 1 reactant dynamo should provide more power than 1 grinder uses.

You might want to invest in a TNT generator and a sound muffler. Loud and noisy, but decent power.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use dynamos. I like the ender generator since I can snipe endermen easily now. Had to rebuild my base due to carelessly digging something and dust came down and made a hole with zombies flooding in causing my death.

Croccy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar.
I found the experimental dropbox links, you should use a completely different name for the upload for each release or you can delete it right after your streamers download.
*removed*
Cheers.

EDIT: Yes, I downloaded it, and no, I'm not handing it out.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar.
I found the experimental dropbox links, you should use a completely different name for the upload for each release or you can delete it right after your streamers download.
*link removed*
Cheers.

EDIT: Yes, I downloaded it, and no, I'm not handing it out.

Yet the link is right there @_@

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm not too upset if my dev versions leak a little. I don't want widespread distribution, but if a few extra people end up with it, I'm not going to fret. I'm going to wrap up 107 tonight, bug test tomorrow and Wednesday and send it to FTB for release onWednesday evening.

Croccy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too upset if my dev versions leak a little. I don't want widespread distribution, but if a few extra people end up with it, I'm not going to fret. I'm going to wrap up 107 tonight, bug test tomorrow and Wednesday and send it to FTB for release onWednesday evening.
Kk, one thing that surprised me was that the Good reward bags have a chance of giving you absolutely nothing.
Nice to see there's some lore and new quests coming out :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Harvester dumping saplings into a transposers should work for the water issue.

Odd you are having power problems. Even a small farm should provide more essence and gunpowder than 1 reactant dynamo can use, and in turn 1 reactant dynamo should provide more power than 1 grinder uses.

You might want to invest in a TNT generator and a sound muffler. Loud and noisy, but decent power.
1) been staying away from the 'generators'. didn't like the way they ate resources and couldn't disable them with redstone to pause things if they got out of hand. will give them another look at.

2) I think my last 4+ hours were mostly looking forward and not looking where I am. as in, looking more towards the goal instead of looking at actually getting there? get my meaning? I think I need to go in fresh and plan out what I want and do it and not frantically look towards getting that aqueous so badly. water seems to be my stumbling block. you chose well there. w/o it, even w/o the need for water ala the camelpack, you really get dead in the water w/o magmatic dynamo. it puts everything into a different perspective and turns it upside down too :} Will try again later and hopefully have better success. Might move over saves and update officially from ftb once 1.07 releases to ensure things are copacetic.

Thanks for this modpack. I don't need a haircut this month. pulled it all out myself :)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this mod so far! Killed me a few...many...times when I first started playing, but now that I understand how it works I'm doing much better. I've also never played with pneumaticraft before so that's fun to use. I can't wait for 1.0.6 and future updates!

Couple of quick questions

1) I noticed big reactors is in the pack, however cannot find a way to get yellorium. Am I missing something?
2) Is there a way to cool yourself down a little more regularly? I find that I'm constantly at the edge of sweating and going through water fast. Even in the "shade" doesn't seem to help a ton. I have some good water generation setup so its not the end of the world but curious if there's something I should be doing that would help lower the water usage.

Thanks!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Loving this mod so far! Killed me a few...many...times when I first started playing, but now that I understand how it works I'm doing much better. I've also never played with pneumaticraft before so that's fun to use. I can't wait for 1.0.6 and future updates!

Couple of quick questions

1) I noticed big reactors is in the pack, however cannot find a way to get yellorium. Am I missing something?
2) Is there a way to cool yourself down a little more regularly? I find that I'm constantly at the edge of sweating and going through water fast. Even in the "shade" doesn't seem to help a ton. I have some good water generation setup so its not the end of the world but curious if there's something I should be doing that would help lower the water usage.

Thanks!
Hmm. Check the recipe for yellorium. Not sure if I included the sieve recipe for that in 1.0.5/1.0.6 or if it is in the upcoming 1.0.7 update.

You are likely to always remain sweating, hovering around 37.5 and 38 or so. The map is hot, after all. Keep your camel pack topped up and you'll be fine. Let your hydration fall below 70% to 80% for too long and your heat will spike. At that point, unless you drink a lot of water quickly you could end up in a death spiral where your hydration drops rapidly causing your heat to spike which causes your hydration to drop rapidly. Get much over 40 degrees and it is game over.