[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
aqueous accumulators are still in the game. mind you it will take some hard work to get.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
aqueous accumulators are still in the game. mind you it will take some hard work to get.

By the time you get there, what's the point? Early on I can spam stone barrels and collect rainwater. With a little bit of iron and fluiducts, you can fill drums with endless rainwater.

I think the REAL hardcore hard mode should disable sleeping (like BnB) and NBT the next rain delay for MAXIMUM time so that it basically never rains. That would be a fun challenge!

Still, this mod is a fun change. So far the water/food tweaks are pretty good.

Ozymandeous

Jul 29, 2019
Almost completed the 1.0.5 easy map, and really enjoyed it, can hardly wait for the next mission tree :D

A couple of points I think you should know
The energy cell has enough power for at least 2 synch shells not the 1 stated on the sign, bug or feature just thought I would mention it
Water is just as scarce in easy as it is in hard, I thought I saw you mention quest rewards were suposed to be doubled? That does not seem to work (EDIT: just found the post it was starting food, so ignore this)
After dying and transfering to the shell you lose all enviroment data and can go for hours without drink, think you already knew this, it also appears to speed up ingame time but I can not confirm that, I might just have been very tired

Some suggestions
Add a compost recipe for string? Not sure how easy that is but I missed being able to compost string early on especialy if you are using worms for food
Start the new mision trees before doing too much fine tuning because new quests will probably just break all your balance work ;) (no alterior motive here honest . . . )
Add something on the easy map to make water collection just a little bit easier, maybe a couple of extra dirt.

Is there anyway to find out which blocks emit heat? I would really like to know what not to use to build a base

Last edited:

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is going really well. I played 1.0.4 and now im ending 1.0.5/1.0.6 and surely i will play future versions. It is nice to have feeling that theres always something to do. For everyone playing Crash Landin i have tip: knowing mechanics/reading book makes even hard map easy one.
Few suggestions:
- As for now silk worms matter little, i treated them as backup food but never eaten one and before i could afford to infest a tree with one i already had bed from spider silk
- Someone mentioned before juices and smoothies restore hydration now, what about making them liquid transoser recipe for little water
- Some distant advanced objective would be great because 1. after finishing base quests there is little motivation to play further for now 2. You could see how people are getting there and pin some milestones as quest and restrict some solutions to plan progress.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Some suggestions
Add a compost recipe for string? Not sure how easy that is but I missed being able to compost string early on especialy if you are using worms for food
Start the new mision trees before doing too much fine tuning because new quests will probably just break all your balance work ;) (no alterior motive here honest . . . )
Add something on the easy map to make water collection just a little bit easier, maybe a couple of extra dirt.

Is there anyway to find out which blocks emit heat? I would really like to know what not to use to build a base

String can still be put into stone barrels to compost.
The flux shovel on the easy map was a mistake, it doesn't work any better on dust then by hand. I just cheat a TiC shovel in and throw that one out. The easy map also has an extra capacitor (partial charge)
I don't think the Enviromine mod has anything to show heat in game. You'd have to look through its config to see.

Silk can still be composted in stone barrels.
He still has a bunch planned for this, probably updates every week or 2 for while. (I hope :))

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
There used to be a warning in the first post about logging in and out on Sync usage. Apparently it got lost along the way.

Yes, there will be weekly updates for the foreseeable future. There is much to do.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure if this was an intended change or not, but in 1.0.6 I can no longer cook cool water to turn it into regular water, to use in the camel pack. I wouldn't call it a big bug or anything, but it did cause a moment of panic when I had run out of regular water and tried to heat up the cool version. I just let my hydration get down to 80% and drank it straight from the bottle, while making some more dirty water.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure if this was an intended change or not, but in 1.0.6 I can no longer cook cool water to turn it into regular water, to use in the camel pack. I wouldn't call it a big bug or anything, but it did cause a moment of panic when I had run out of regular water and tried to heat up the cool version. I just let my hydration get down to 80% and drank it straight from the bottle, while making some more dirty water.
Apparently that was a bug, and aren't we all happy that it's been fixed now?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I think the REAL hardcore hard mode should disable sleeping (like BnB) and NBT the next rain delay for MAXIMUM time so that it basically never rains. That would be a fun challenge!

This. I think when this map is out of beta and I play a real legit run all the way through, I'm going to NBT my map so it never rains and also disable the recipes for beds and sleeping bags so that I can really experience this map the intended way. I think it's quite doable to never use rain water.

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
This. I think when this map is out of beta and I play a real legit run all the way through, I'm going to NBT my map so it never rains and also disable the recipes for beds and sleeping bags so that I can really experience this map the intended way. I think it's quite doable to never use rain water.
You would need an aqueous accumulator for that to happen and those got nerfed big time

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking that it would also be a good idea to put an extra part of the spaceship half a km away and install optifine so people can see it so it is easier to get stuff like one aqueous accumulator. The player has to have enough stuff to get there without using up all there food. The extra part of the plane should have no food so you can't get there and back without a large amount of food and the ability to fight a large amount of monsters. It still is a good idea to keep people with resources from spamming them but if rain gets removed it would be only fair for that to be added.

On a side note the stone barrel is very hard to craft when you start out. I'm also wondering how to use sync.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
You would need an aqueous accumulator for that to happen and those got nerfed big time
Nah, you'd just need to unlock rubber trees and feed a huge tree farm or 10 into a few Fluid Transposers. I plan on doing just this in order to automate soul sand/quartz for an ME system.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
To use the sync booth, punch it to set it to you. You take a small amount of damage as it takes a sample. Then place the Leadstone energy cell in front of it to give it power. I found out it apparently only works from the front, not the side or the top. In short while a clone will be made of you. Pick up the energy cell and go about your business. If you die, you will be sent back to the clone body. Important details... Don't have anything sitting in front of the door of the booth, or you won't be able to get out. You can't even punch to break the item in front of you, apparently. Also, all your items will be where you died. So it's a good idea to have some back up gear stored, so you can get back to your stuff.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had terrain smashers just stop working?
Sometimes they suck up a different item. I've found arrows and rotten flesh in there before. Try giving it an open (misc) inventory slot and see if it spits out something that isn't cobble stone.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
still playing 1.05 from the dlownload (not ftb launcher).

1) Once I got to stone barrels, I had the weirdest thing happen. I used the cobblegen to get a bunch of stone barrels, popped them down on top of a 3x6 array of barrels on the outside and fluiduct on the inside line with everything set as it should, and the tanks stayed at 0 during rain even tho I could see the barrels catching water then disappearing. removed it all, put one line of fluiducts with the stone barrels on top with the line ending up at a tank, same. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, it's the same setup I used previously for getting water in AG skies and this modpack before to get water. was this an intentional nerf, and if so, how did you accomplish it?

2) there is one singular block that I follwed to on the map north/west of your starting location that is a plains biome. I setup grass but no chickens. Was this intended to be for something? The only thing I could think of is that it might be used to get fresh water from the ground but by the time I found it, I have alot of dirt and making water for the camelpack is taken care of. I'm using rainwater to make soul sand in batches (made enough clay to last me for a long time).

3) noticed the config option is set to keep the enemies from using the jetpacks, is that intended? I wanted to watch flesh gordon use his jetpack but they wear it and walk towards you pretty silly.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
still playing 1.05 from the dlownload (not ftb launcher).

1) Once I got to stone barrels, I had the weirdest thing happen. I used the cobblegen to get a bunch of stone barrels, popped them down on top of a 3x6 array of barrels on the outside and fluiduct on the inside line with everything set as it should, and the tanks stayed at 0 during rain even tho I could see the barrels catching water then disappearing. removed it all, put one line of fluiducts with the stone barrels on top with the line ending up at a tank, same. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, it's the same setup I used previously for getting water in AG skies and this modpack before to get water. was this an intentional nerf, and if so, how did you accomplish it?

2) there is one singular block that I follwed to on the map north/west of your starting location that is a plains biome. I setup grass but no chickens. Was this intended to be for something? The only thing I could think of is that it might be used to get fresh water from the ground but by the time I found it, I have alot of dirt and making water for the camelpack is taken care of. I'm using rainwater to make soul sand in batches (made enough clay to last me for a long time).

3) noticed the config option is set to keep the enemies from using the jetpacks, is that intended? I wanted to watch flesh gordon use his jetpack but they wear it and walk towards you pretty silly.
Huh, 1 block of plains? Not intended, and probably a glitch. As for the barrels, nothing on my end. Bug, probably. As for mobs using jetpacks, I seem to have an issue with config files corrupting a bit and resetting options. No, not intended, and I will fixit.