[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
just launch the pack as normal and when you get to the main screen hit option>resource pack>then click open file location. at the top click minecraft tab that is right after crashlanding. Then hit saves. once there you can right click and click copy or you can drag downloaded map/s into that one. hehe
Hmm forgot about that method....

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
The potato jetpack should be taken out and be replaced with something like 5 cooked potatoes. I tried flying the potato jetpack and I exploded in mid-air.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
note: this is from the zip he upped. ftb still hasn't updated, and makes me wonder if it's related to the freeze on packs last week tho I thought that was their public ones.

Anyways, with 1.0.5, what's the difference between easy/hard since they're both hardcore? Starting resources I'm assuming? Gonna give it a go on hard and see how I fare. heh creepers stay away.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the hard map on 1.0.5. I really like all the changes from 1.0.4. I've survived up to the point where I can spam ex nihilo stone barrels and I have watermelons for food. I thought I read that you took out vanilla food? There are still wheat seeds and melon seeds in the quest rewards and one quests asks you to turn in wheat and seeds. If I didn't have melons right now, I'd still be pretty good on zombie jerky and spider eye soup, which would be fine. The terrain smasher from a reward quest really makes setting up a cobble gen a breeze and for getting tons of stone barrels for rain water collection, which I know you wish you could disable rain. It's too bad, I feel the same.

I was surprised all the vanilla wood/stone tools are nerfed to 2 durability. You should just disable them all together. I guess the wooden hoe with 2 uses is at least helpful for setting up your first farm. But man did it take forever to finally get a hatchet to cut down trees faster. Punching trees for hours is a real grind. Great map so far Iskandar!

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Easy map has double starting food, oak sapling, and a sync chamber to start.
Game play after that is the same.

Raythornious

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the hard map on 1.0.5. I really like all the changes from 1.0.4. I've survived up to the point where I can spam ex nihilo stone barrels and I have watermelons for food. I thought I read that you took out vanilla food? There are still wheat seeds and melon seeds in the quest rewards and one quests asks you to turn in wheat and seeds. If I didn't have melons right now, I'd still be pretty good on zombie jerky and spider eye soup, which would be fine. The terrain smasher from a reward quest really makes setting up a cobble gen a breeze and for getting tons of stone barrels for rain water collection, which I know you wish you could disable rain. It's too bad, I feel the same.

I was surprised all the vanilla wood/stone tools are nerfed to 2 durability. You should just disable them all together. I guess the wooden hoe with 2 uses is at least helpful for setting up your first farm. But man did it take forever to finally get a hatchet to cut down trees faster. Punching trees for hours is a real grind. Great map so far Iskandar!
He plans on taking out vanilla food in 1.0.6, he also wanted to nerf all vanilla tools to 1 durability but that's impossible so he did two.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you can do anything about this, but the wooden shovel you are given in 1.0.5 (a tinker's construct shovel) does the same amount of damage to mobs as a diamond sword in vanilla, even though it says "+3 attack damage" on the tool tip. I can two shot creepers/skeletons/spiders with it.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You mean the Fluxed shovel? It makes a great early game weapon :D
Before knives anyway.
No, I was on the hard version map, and you only get a wooden shovel from tinker's construct.

Why would you toss a jetpack at a zombie?
Because the potato jetpack is a gag item from simply jetpacks. It's not suppose to work. It guarantees blows up when you use it. So throw it at a zombie or just don't use it at all. It's a troll item.

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
Because the potato jetpack is a gag item from simply jetpacks. It's not suppose to work. It guarantees blows up when you use it. So throw it at a zombie or just don't use it at all. It's a troll item.

Why would you throw a jetpack at a zombie to make it explode! That would be worse than a creeper.

They should replace it with maybe 3 pieces of dirt

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
New update is live!

Pack Update 1.0.5

Changelog:
Updated TSteelworks
Updated Modtweaker
Added Iguana Tweaks
Added Extra Cells
Nerfed pulverized metals from dust
Can now get stones from sieving dust, at a reduced chance
Can, rarely, get eggs from sieving dust
End and Nether are now void
Removed wooden compost barrels
Added dirt recipes to compensate
Altered Stone barrel recipe
Altered Jetpack recipes
Added neutral mobs
Fixed a quest bug
all vanilla tools have 1 durability. Useful only for crafting recipes
No TiCo wood or stone tools: Bone and flint only in the beginning!
Sleep Hunger is now on
Water can now be drawn from saplings in a Liquid Transposer. 1/8 bucket each.
Leaves can be thrown into a crucible for 20 mB water each
Cauldrons are disabled
Accumulators have been removed from the starting map
Accumulator recipes have been heavily altered
Quests have been altered to match the new map
Second Map has been created. Maps now labeled Hard and Easy
Drinking juices and smoothies will hydrate you slightly and cool you off
Sulfur can now be sieved from gravel

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, totally forgot about bone tools... I actually grinded from bare hands to flint tools. Can't wait for the 1.0.6. update. I really like the direction this pack is going.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
don't forget you can use bone meal to make tools. "DO NOT USE WHOLE BONES!" you lose 1 bone meal per tool part.