[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
I installed the map because I died and It won't get into my FTB launcher. Does anyone know how to get the map back.

I also had a problem when I got no silkworms from 4 birch trees even with the crook.

Is there a non hardcore version because I only survived 3 days without starving?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla mechanics. Each time you sleep, the time until it rains is reset. Which is why if you make a habit to sleep every night you'll rarely see any rain. Which is annoying, btw, becasue when I try to search for a way to disable rain almost every result ends up in two places. Command blocks, which is a no, and NBT editing which doesn't work.

Since we cant get to the end you could put a chunkloader or spot loader or world anchor or something there to keep it loaded and then put in command blocks[DOUBLEPOST=1402672265][/DOUBLEPOST]
I installed the map because I died and It won't get into my FTB launcher. Does anyone know how to get the map back.

I also had a problem when I got no silkworms from 4 birch trees even with the crook.

Worms seem to really be rare I went through 12 trees before getting my first worm. Just hang in there and keep hitting those trees. Also you have to manually install the save file into your install folder for crash landing.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea is that you could move the biome to a desert again but tweak Enviromine so that the desert doesnt give heat stroke

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla mechanics. Each time you sleep, the time until it rains is reset. Which is why if you make a habit to sleep every night you'll rarely see any rain. Which is annoying, btw, becasue when I try to search for a way to disable rain almost every result ends up in two places. Command blocks, which is a no, and NBT editing which doesn't work.
Have you considered changing the default biome to desert instead of ocean? That would remove the rain permanently (it would still rain/tstorm, but you wouldn't be able to collect rain water since it doesn't rain in deserts. Although I'm not sure if you are using ocean biome for a particular reason, like to make all water placed in the world salt water?

Also, I haven't checked 1.0.4/1.0.5 yet, but did you remove the stone sink from pam's harvestcraft? It gives you infinite water.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Changing the biome to desert won't work. The ocean biome is REQUIRED otherwise you could get drinkable water from simply right clicking a water source block. While the solution I got isn't ideal, it works, and I'm unwilling to spend further development time trying to find a better solution that may, or may not, exist. While it bit odd, what I have works.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Respectfully, I have to disagree. Removing wood barrels is difficulty for difficulty's sake. Might I suggest the rut is the nerfing of items and the removal of recipes rather than creative thinking in terms of quests and outcomes.

I can grow a tree, I can harvest it, I can build a few dozen different tools and other blocks from it, including a wooden frying pan(?!?) but I can't craft a barrel? Really?

You most likely will not be able to preclude rain. Nekoali suggested making rain water be salty. I'm not certain if you can change that game mechanic or not, but it would be a much better route. It makes sense internally to the story.

Given salt water, I can boil it, collect the steam, condense it and have potable water. And salt, by the way. It's a fairly basic survival skill. Given the amount and infrequency of rain, it is hardly an infinite water source. Indeed, not being prepared for rain would very likely be fatal, given our storyline.

I don't mean to be overly argumentative, but your zeal to limit water is to me, at least, overly obsessive .

Change water in a wooden barrel to salt water, and permit that salt water to be transformed, at a cost, to potable water, and you have more or less defeated 'infinite water' is a measured, reasonable way in the early game. By mid-game, if the player can't produce water pretty much on demand...

If I could change wooden barrels to give salt water I would. But I can't. If I could remove rain I would. But I can't. If I left wooden barrels what happens is that people then build roughly 2 dozen or so...and there goes all the work I spent making water matter. If you'd read the quests, you'd see I added recipes to make dirt from saplings and rotten flesh to replace the composting feature, so you aren't losing anything by not having wooden barrels outside of not being able to mass spam them to collect rainwater.

I've spent a considerable effort to balance water, and it works fairly well if it isn't exactly perfect. Please note that things have changed rather dramatically from 1.0.4. The new version should be up sometime today, and I think you'll find things much improved.

And also, please do realize that this pack is still in beta. I'm still changing and tweaking things for balance and things can and will change fairly dramatically from version to the next.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
what if you have a few more crash sites added and when you find them it unlocks more quest in ur book.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, we understand. And we appreciate the work you are putting into this, Iskandar. Clearly we enjoy the map and the mod pack, and want to see it grow and thrive. We're just trying to add input to improve. We just don't know what goes on in the back end, what you've tried and what can't work. Please, keep up the good work, and thank you.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Respectfully, I have to disagree. Removing wood barrels is difficulty for difficulty's sake. Might I suggest the rut is the nerfing of items and the removal of recipes rather than creative thinking in terms of quests and outcomes.

I can grow a tree, I can harvest it, I can build a few dozen different tools and other blocks from it, including a wooden frying pan(?!?) but I can't craft a barrel? Really?

You most likely will not be able to preclude rain. Nekoali suggested making rain water be salty. I'm not certain if you can change that game mechanic or not, but it would be a much better route. It makes sense internally to the story.

Given salt water, I can boil it, collect the steam, condense it and have potable water. And salt, by the way. It's a fairly basic survival skill. Given the amount and infrequency of rain, it is hardly an infinite water source. Indeed, not being prepared for rain would very likely be fatal, given our storyline.

I don't mean to be overly argumentative, but your zeal to limit water is to me, at least, overly obsessive .

Change water in a wooden barrel to salt water, and permit that salt water to be transformed, at a cost, to potable water, and you have more or less defeated 'infinite water' is a measured, reasonable way in the early game. By mid-game, if the player can't produce water pretty much on demand...

i confused as to what the issue is. all water gives salt. you just put it in ur crafting bench with a pot and u get salt. u can even convert the water to the wooden buckets and then use those with a pot. heck u can even grind the salt up to get 2 more salt. i haven't played the 1.0.5 but everyone that plays should have enough barrels out side for water to cover filling each bottle you have.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I know you're tired of hearing of ways to remove rain, but I got one more.

Removing the bed and sleeping bag and then using NBTexplorer to set the rainTime to 9,999,999 or whatever the max is, then it will prevent rainfall for several months real time. But I'm not sure if you think removing beds to sleep the night away is too difficult or not. Sleeping is what resets the rainTime in NBT, so removing the ability to sleep would fix that.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I do like what Sierra said. I started a 1.0.5 map last night. I was bothered that when the rain started, I couldn't make a barrel to catch it. It seems a logical first step when it comes to gathering water. Instead saplings have become even more of a precious resource than before, since you have to manage new trees, crafting dirt and making water with them to not dehydrate early on. I didn't mind the Aqueous Accumulator with a tank trick. I didn't get that going until hours into the game, scrabbling to have enough water barrels down or crafting dirty water to get by. I didn't know you could use a barrel to fill up with water.

If I can suggest for future versions, bring back the barrels for composting. The materials cost for a stone barrel is just absolutely insane. If it's possible, turn off the rain. It is supposed to be a desert planet anyway, so rain is decidedly odd. Or make it so that rain that collects in barrels is salty. That way it can't be used for drinking water. Not providing aqueous accumulators at the beginning means you don't have to worry about the barrel trick trivializing water to soon. But we should eventually be able to 'solve' that problem. Otherwise it goes from 'interesting puzzle to solve' to 'annoying busywork'. Maybe change the requirements for the accumulators so they can't be built very early, and disable the faster replenishing when surrounded by water blocks. Acting as real atmospheric moisture condensers. Machine blocks needing invar and seared bricks means they are not early game material anyway. You need a serious infrastructure going before you can start producing them, and a lot of resources.

The nature and a lot of the appeal of FTB packs is setting up challenges for the players to overcome and expanding options. It feels good to start early game with a wooden pick, and then look back hours later at your automatic farm and smeltery set up. Water management should be an early game difficulty, like getting enough food. Eventually you should be able to 'solve' the problem, and only have to replenish your resource, so you can continue on to bigger challenges.
i think i'm seeing what the complant is. you should be dropping rocks when you do the dust at night. which means by the 2nd day you should be able to get a furnace. once you have the furnace you make the crucible and use the Blazing pro from the crash as the fuel under it and surround it by cobble half slabs. this will give you lava by the end a day 3 at the most. then you make a cobble generator and that will give you the barrels by the end of the week. just make sure to save some cold water from the quest book. you can cook it to make reg water and should be able to import it to the LT. then exporrt to a buckets.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I know you're tired of hearing of ways to remove rain, but I got one more.

Removing the bed and sleeping bag and then using NBTexplorer to set the rainTime to 9,999,999 or whatever the max is, then it will prevent rainfall for several months real time. But I'm not sure if you think removing beds to sleep the night away is too difficult or not. Sleeping is what resets the rainTime in NBT, so removing the ability to sleep would fix that.
Yes it would, but I think that would be just a wee bit too much.

I'm just about done with making balance changes at this point. I will make changes to patch exploits (see mass rain barrel spam) but beyond that water and food are pretty much where I want them (in 1.0.5). At this point I am concentrating on unifying the tech tree, reorganizing the reward bags, and then expanding the quests.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
don't you have more of a chance for rain if you stay awake all night. i thought sleeping reset the rain counter to 0.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

Is there a non hardcore version because I only survived 3 days without starving?
if you go under option while you have the mod pack selected just hit force update botton. it will reload you with a map with out having to mess with the files. if you open the file location and open saves you can copy the map in there so you don't have to reset each time.

SIerra Nine

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent a considerable effort to balance water, and it works fairly well if it isn't exactly perfect. Please note that things have changed rather dramatically from 1.0.4. The new version should be up sometime today, and I think you'll find things much improved.

I would love to read the quests. I've been hearing about some of the changes, mostly out of context, from various beta participants for over a week now.

The delay is getting to be quite onerous.

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
Since we cant get to the end you could put a chunkloader or spot loader or world anchor or something there to keep it loaded and then put in command blocks[DOUBLEPOST=1402672265][/DOUBLEPOST]

Worms seem to really be rare I went through 12 trees before getting my first worm. Just hang in there and keep hitting those trees. Also you have to manually install the save file into your install folder for crash landing.

I can't find the folder for ftb do you know what it's called?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I would love to read the quests. I've been hearing about some of the changes, mostly out of context, from various beta participants for over a week now.

The delay is getting to be quite onerous.
For you and me, too. I wasn't expecting it to take this long for FTB to update. I absolutely hate having to keep telling you guys to wait, but there isn't much I can do.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find the folder for ftb do you know what it's called?
It is called crash landing... If you go to the launcher and go to the options tab you can see the install directory for the FTB launcher from that you just find where FTB was installed then all the installed modpacks should be In that folder. Simply click on the crash landings folder then minecraft then saves and place the file after that load up crash landing and you should see the save in the single player tab..... Assumming you nor I did anything wrong

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

Rohanguard1

Jul 29, 2019
It is called crash landing... If you go to the launcher and go to the options tab you can see the install directory for the FTB launcher from that you just find where FTB was installed then all the installed modpacks should be In that folder. Simply click on the crash landings folder then minecraft then saves and place the file after that load up crash landing and you should see the save in the single player tab..... Assumming you nor I did anything wrong

I got it working so I can play it now

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

just launch the pack as normal and when you get to the main screen hit option>resource pack>then click open file location. at the top click minecraft tab that is right after crashlanding. Then hit saves. once there you can right click and click copy or you can drag downloaded map/s into that one. hehe