[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Well it doesn't use up anymore resources and you can do it any time you have to wait on other thing like trees, crops, or Night time to be over. The hammer you have to break down cobble into gravel and then replace to break down into sand. This way you still doing by hand but there is no placing twice. Not only that if you base is safe and you have enough food and water you can key bind right click to the space bar and just hold it down while you watch tv. Just keep an eye on the screen for water and food. It is the only way i get my sand. Now that i have the Smelting Shovel i can keep stacks of glass on hand by 1.5 time the sand. Can not wait till i get it up to Fort III.

Ah, ok. Was hoping there was a little something extra in it. I can't do the bind-and-forget thing with the grindstone as it breaks the wooden crank eventually. I suppose that might be useful if I never needed more than a stack of glass. So far, in all of my playthroughs I haven't used more than 1 stack in a game.

Maybe I'm missing out on something! :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ah, ok. Was hoping there was a little something extra in it. I can't do the bind-and-forget thing with the grindstone as it breaks the wooden crank eventually. I suppose that might be useful if I never needed more than a stack of glass. So far, in all of my playthroughs I haven't used more than 1 stack in a game.

yeah but you can put up to 3 stacks in it and it will not break until it is out of items to grind from my exp. Also you need to sieve some sand at some point for seeds and a few other items.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

You could also just put the AA you get on an old fashion cobblegen and just get gravel from there. Then pound out the rest of it manually. Only need to pound once then.

Or if you're really into early automation and can figure out that SFM thing I think you can do full automation with just hammers and an AA. Or you could do it with some extra pipes - which is what I would do cuz I can't figure out the SFM thing for the life of me - yet. After taking the cobble from the node cobblegen thingy. (Lots of thingies I can't remember the names for :p)

always day doesn't mean peaceful all the time.
The way you first put it though - make it day all the time with only places here and there that spawn them. And night only coming a week or two in. That would make it easy.

I know you mentioned you weren't going into 1.3 yet, but if you were to try version 1.3, you'd see a bit of a difference from 1.2. Where a shorter day gives you very little time to do much of anything for the first day. So if you think of 1.2 as the 'eternal day' equivalent then you could see how much easier it is to do a lot more when the daylight just lasts so longer.:D I mean, I could have a trench, a wall around all the structures, and a few trees going by the end of day one on version 1.2. Can't even get a tree before the sunsets in version 1.3 :confused:

Or he could always just make it eternal night. No getting away from the mobs at all then :p

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You could also just put the AA you get on an old fashion cobblegen and just get gravel from there. Then pound out the rest of it manually. Only need to pound once then.

Or if you're really into early automation and can figure out that SFM thing I think you can do full automation with just hammers and an AA. Or you could do it with some extra pipes - which is what I would do cuz I can't figure out the SFM thing for the life of me - yet. After taking the cobble from the node cobblegen thingy. (Lots of thingies I can't remember the names for :p)

The way you first put it though - make it day all the time with only places here and there that spawn them. And night only coming a week or two in. That would make it easy.

I know you mentioned you weren't going into 1.3 yet, but if you were to try version 1.3, you'd see a bit of a difference from 1.2. Where a shorter day gives you very little time to do much of anything for the first day. So if you think of 1.2 as the 'eternal day' equivalent then you could see how much easier it is to do a lot more when the daylight just lasts so longer.:D I mean, I could have a trench, a wall around all the structures, and a few trees going by the end of day one on version 1.2. Can't even get a tree before the sunsets in version 1.3 :confused:

Or he could always just make it eternal night. No getting away from the mobs at all then :p
I do a showcase on 1.1.3 in the video i'm uploading know and then i switch back for 1.1.2.1 for the rest of the episode so we can do the Smelting shovel. I would love for a never day thing. it would be cool but as it is now you can make it day all the time anyway cause you can just sleep through it. I did not notice a difference in the day night cycle other then him start you off with only half a day to start. I assumed that was a mistake. I also look at the ender io mod but the recipes for them are allittle wierd. I don't know about making people go through making TE machine to make the Enderio machine that do almost the same thing? seemed a bit much. I am saving 1.1.3 for Season 3 which i think they said Crash landing was going 1.7.10 soon anyway. I didn't want it easier i just thinking a dust planet seemed like they would have longer days. I am still hoping for the random day/night cycle things. each day and night lasting different ammounts of time. rofl Sometime a day is 7 minute sometime 1 minute. rofl

Demon2236

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else having trouble with jet packs disappearing from a chest ?

also i have setup a grinder and auto spawner connected with a fluid duct and power conduit but the spawner only runs for 5 minutes spawning endermen before running out of mob essence. any help would be appreciated.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Also with the newest patch you'll need to make more Bottles then 1.1.2.1.

Well, I'm pretty much all sandwich, all the time, so I get plenty of bottles. Still haven't ever had to make bottles in CL. First time for everything, though, so I won't say never.... :)

I usually use the one machine frame reward for a pulverizer and then I get sand as a byproduct.

Curious, what is the first "machine frame" machine you folks build? Pulverizer for me, powered by 3 or 4 survival gens...

Demon2236

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm pretty much all sandwich, all the time, so I get plenty of bottles. Still haven't ever had to make bottles in CL. First time for everything, though, so I won't say never.... :)

I usually use the one machine frame reward for a pulverizer and then I get sand as a byproduct.

Curious, what is the first "machine frame" machine you folks build? Pulverizer for me, powered by 3 or 4 survival gens...

me too:D pulveriser first then some power cells

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
also i have setup a grinder and auto spawner connected with a fluid duct and power conduit but the spawner only runs for 5 minutes spawning endermen before running out of mob essence. any help would be appreciated.

Where is your mob essence coming from? I heard the auto spawner eats more of it than it produces.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

I make a harvester on most maps. I hate trimming trees.:rolleyes:

Demon2236

Jul 29, 2019
Where is your mob essence coming from? I heard the auto spawner eats more of it than it produces.
the mob essence is piped from the grinder

i might need a second grinder to help

i think in 1.1.2 i was running one grinder and auto spawner without running out of essence i think :confused:

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Thief Enderman? Ok, new game... Sigh. (showed up in my perimeter, hit me out of the blue, teleported me out into the trench. I died, resurrected in my sync in my basement, and then he showed up down there and killed me about 1 second after I stepped out of the sync box!)

So, I'm not really in the mood to rebuild again (yet).

Anyone have an early-ish save, maybe just after perimeter, water/cobble gen, and a few crops?

Probably a silly idea, but if anyone has a save they'd be willing to share, I think it would be interesting to see how others are setting things up at the beginning...

Demon2236

Jul 29, 2019
I have hade the same problem many times :(
thankfully early on every time though.

all my saves are dead but hopefuly some one can help. :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

another easy food is fish Sandwiches. rofl. i'm thinking about Harvestor. I'm already up to the Ps quest line anyway so it will not matter.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Here is the New Episode guys. I do a showcase of some of the new 1.1.3 features. (just the Big changes) Then we switch back to 1.1.2.1 so we can make the Smelter Shovel. It is really good IMO. I have gotten it to Fort I. ( Some people on here will say it is stupid to go for this but it is dead usefull and will give you more ingots the smelting in a furnace at the start until you get a smelter. I don't plan on using the Smelter that much. rofl)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
the mob essence is piped from the grinder

i might need a second grinder to help

i think in 1.1.2 i was running one grinder and auto spawner without running out of essence i think :confused:
The auto spanner will use more essence than the grinder will give you back from killing the mobs it spawns. You really have only two choices:

1. Get another source of hostile mobs. Dark room, night + fans/conveyor belts + trench, whatever. Move those to your grinder as well to top off your essence stores.

2. Bypass the grinder from time to time and kill the mobs yourself. It's not hard to force whatever is being spawned into a single space (MFR conveyors is easiest). Make a safe point for you to stand where you can't be hit and whack away. Drops can be collected quickly with a SFM rapid item valve and you get the xp.

Then you need an OpenBlocks xp drain sitting on top of a single OB tank. Attach an OB xp shower to the side of the tank and an MFR sewer directly under that. Stand on the xp drain. All the xp you just made from killing mobs will be pulled out, converted to OB liquid xp, and put in the OB tank below. The xp shower will immediately pull the liquid xp out, automatically convert it to xp orbs, and "shower" the orbs onto the sewer. The sewer will suck them all up and convert them to MFR mob essence. Pipe that out to a drum.

Using this method, I've found that I get back a ton more essence than the auto spawner is using. Any time I find myself a bit low on essence, I just shut the grinder off and manually kill for a few minutes. That's all it takes to set you up with essence for DAYZ.

Last edited:

Demon2236

Jul 29, 2019
The auto spanner will use more essence than the grinder will give you back from killing the mobs it spawns. You really have only two choices:

1. Get another source of hostile mobs. Dark room, night + fans/conveyor belts + trench, whatever. Move those to your grinder as well to top off your essence stores.

2. Bypass the grinder from time to time and kill the mobs yourself. It's not hard to force whatever is being spawned into a single space (MFR conveyors is easiest). Make a safe point for you to stand where you can't be hit and whack away. Drops can be collected quickly with a SFM rapid item valve and you get the xp.

Then you need an OpenBlocks xp drain sitting on top of a single OB tank. Attach an OB xp shower to the side of the tank and an MFR sewer directly under that. Stand on the xp drain. All the xp you just made from killing mobs will be pulled out, converted to OB liquid xp, and pot in the OB tank below. The xp shower will immediately pull the liquid xp out, automatically convert it to xp orbs, and "shower" the orbs onto the sewer. The sewer will suck them all up and convert them to MFR mob essence. Pipe that out to a drum.

Using this method, I've found that I get back a ton more essence than the auto spawner is using. Any time I find myself a bit low on essence, I just shut the grinder off and manually kill for a few minutes. That's all it takes to set you up with essence for DAYZ.

great stuff will give that a try thanks :D