[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Akantor112

Jul 29, 2019
When right clicking with a water bottle on drums and on portable tanks are they supposed to take the glass bottle with them? Because I find it annoying it does it with the player or an autonomous activator.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
When right clicking with a water bottle on drums and on portable tanks are they supposed to take the glass bottle with them? Because I find it annoying it does it with the player or an autonomous activator.

Yep, that's unfortunate... Luckily you can get tons of free bottles by making sandwiches (the kind that use jelly anyway). I find that the only way I lose bottles (since I don't use them to fill drums/tanks hardly ever) is by creating freshwater for making dough. If you use a bucket, the bucket gets returned, but I don't think the bottles do.

Also, speaking of jelly, I sifted 9 stacks of dirt and never got a single grape seed!

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yep those are the files we are using, I did see the post in your forums regarding rockdigger being missing from the first server files, but I had already noticed that before it was posted.
I reupdated our config and mods folders with the new ones you linked, unfortunately Salt, LittleStones, Raw Fish and Eggs still wont drop from dust when sieving.

Can anyone else conferm or maybe point me in the right direction

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
try making a grass patch and hoeing it that's how to get seeds in pams

Well, sure, but you can get sunflower, tomato, soy, peanut, and rice (plus various tree seeds) from sifting dirt. According to NEI, you should also be able to get grape seeds, but maybe I just had terrible, terrible luck. Oddly enough, NEI says grape seeds are 3% and yet I got several peanut and soy seeds which are listed at 1%.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Well, sure, but you can get sunflower, tomato, soy, peanut, and rice (plus various tree seeds) from sifting dirt. According to NEI, you should also be able to get grape seeds, but maybe I just had terrible, terrible luck. Oddly enough, NEI says grape seeds are 3% and yet I got several peanut and soy seeds which are listed at 1%.
I had trouble getting some if the seeds but tilling dry land works

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Starting on the new quests for Crash Landing I've got some ideas but I want more so send me some ideas just no hording quest plz.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a quest having to do with some of the cooling methods you may be adding in 1.1.4...

I think one of the quests that kind of never reached its potential was the quest to visit certain areas to find data tapes/logs/whatever around the ship. I know it's there to add optional "flavor" but it always felt like a great opportunity for worldbuilding...

And the quest rewards for filling out more of the memory of the quest book robot could be things like adding additional (minor!) functionality to the crashed ship. More lights on the outside? Maybe some kind of access hatch for the roof? etc. MInor things that might be more fun than functional (no idea how to add those via HQM though...) Just spitballin'

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
One of the things I wouldn't mind seeing is a traveling quest based on coordinates to the 1st city and maybe another city for the reactor. Also, some quest around setting up the reactor would be nice. And maybe needing to setup an AE quantum ring for the end game?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

A cooling off quest could be fun, and yes AE definitely needs a update,we added a Big Reactors quest line in 113 but i may add to it in the next update. Now the location quest were hard to do with random cities but now that we have the Rock Digger Mod i plan on using custom blocks that you will need to find this way i can tell whether you have found what i want you to find this will play a big part in the end game quest line and yes I've been talking to Iskandar about getting some more storie logs.
Thanks for the ideas

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
AE has its own dimension in rv13 (unless that waited until the 1.7 release), which is a very cold place. Might be interesting for players willing to work through the technical challenges of automating the return from the dimension (and risk of getting stuck worse than mystcraft). Building spatial pylons and a spatial IO port would get the player started.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
AE has its own dimension in rv13 (unless that waited until the 1.7 release), which is a very cold place. Might be interesting for players willing to work through the technical challenges of automating the return from the dimension (and risk of getting stuck worse than mystcraft). Building spatial pylons and a spatial IO port would get the player started.
Spatial pylons were there in 1.6, but I think the config disabled them by default as they were a bit buggy. Not sure if they ever became stable prior to 1.7.
check out

intelic76

Jul 29, 2019
Great Pack so far! Lots of deaths and making derpy mistakes, though some I'm learning from.. I've started over recently with the 113 update though I'm having trouble with the ore multiplication quest in finding the starter city. I Read the post back a few pages where the quest description of what direction it lies in is to the NW and not North, but does that mean its also not 200 meters as well? I found the new city described in another point (might have been on the home site for CL or here, cannot recall.. I've so far found some dunes with a few scatterings of ore dust, but as far as I can tell not the actual starter city, unless its the one that is 500m NW of the shuttle?

intelic76

Jul 29, 2019
D'oh!, just found the tweet about the location and direction. 500m NW Aye captain! Scary looking place for a starter city o_O

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys. I have the next episode up. We go to the city for our one goal from town, Blaze rods. I did die off cam though but was saved by the clone, but got 6 Blaze rods. Next episode will be wed and i'll be making the Smelting Shovel. Also almost have enough to make the Silky gem. Coming along good. Not going to upgrade to 1.1.3 i don't think. I kind of want to save it for season 3 and hopefully 1.7.10.