[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Also shane I will be doing a Map Showcase ASAP just want to play around with it first Might be monday next week. You guys can update the Link when i do it.

Jsmoove2001

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing hardcore crash landing 1.1.3 and for the quest "firing it up" it doesn't show select task or manually detect. I have the slab furnace but I can't do anything so I can't continue
Can someone help

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing hardcore crash landing 1.1.3 and for the quest "firing it up" it doesn't show select task or manually detect. I have the slab furnace but I can't do anything so I can't continue
Can someone help
did you make the slab furnace or did you find it cause this is a crafting task that you must make to compleat

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
ok i just want to make a suggestion. Could we make it like forever day on the planet and then then add some mob spawning spots around to explore. Like small one not towns just like spots with just water and food and maybe a few ore dust around the build. i thought that since the pack was leaning towards exploring that would be a good idea. could put like a spawner a chest in a small building that is inside some of the Dunes. Then like every week to 2 weeks have the a night time event that blocks the sun and makes it night for like 2-3 days straight with no way to skip it.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Found a farm building last night. Pretty fun, got some seeds (and some hay bales!) which was pretty great.

Turns out it was two farm buildings next to each other, and right next to them: two cemeteries. I was about to say how OP the loot at the cemeteries is when cave spiders somehow started spawning just outside the cemetery I was looting. I got some stuff, but it was tough going and I had to eat one of my two red hearts.

In all, it was pretty fun!

Smeltery Time!

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Are bottles meant to be far more "fragile" in the 1.1.3 Version?

Reason I ask:
- Turning Waterbottles into the Water for Harvestcraft now destroys the bottles.
- A setup where Steve's Factory Manager filled my camelpack with waterbottles over the crafting-stuff of it (the Liquid-Crafter Machines ate too many of my camel-packs...) now not gives back the empty bottles anymore. In 1.1.2b it worked fine without destroying the bottles.
(Same problem in my old 1.1.2b World, the bottle simply vanish.... not sure if it's meant to be)

Crafting them together in a vanilla and tinker's construct crafting table works fine, only the factory-manager seems to be bugged there.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019

Reason I ask:
- Turning Waterbottles into the Water for Harvestcraft now destroys the bottles.
- A setup where Steve's Factory Manager filled my camelpack with waterbottles over the crafting-stuff of it (the Liquid-Crafter Machines ate too many of my camel-packs...) now not gives back the empty bottles anymore. In 1.1.2b it worked fine without destroying the bottles.
(Same problem in my old 1.1.2b World, the bottle simply vanish.... not sure if it's meant to be)

Crafting them together in a vanilla and tinker's construct crafting table works fine, only the factory-manager seems to be bugged there.

It's been posted about a few times. Yes, some recipes/uses for water bottles destroy them. You still get the free ones from making PB&J sandwiches/etc. though...

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah alright, thanks for the fast answer. Seems I overlooked the right postings when I looked over the last couple of pages. ^^"

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
ok i just want to make a suggestion. Could we make it like forever day on the planet and then then add some mob spawning spots around to explore. Like small one not towns just like spots with just water and food and maybe a few ore dust around the build. i thought that since the pack was leaning towards exploring that would be a good idea. could put like a spawner a chest in a small building that is inside some of the Dunes. Then like every week to 2 weeks have the a night time event that blocks the sun and makes it night for like 2-3 days straight with no way to skip it.

No:cool:. Because even though I really like the idea of playing on peaceful all the time with eternal day (cuz I really suck at the monster fighting thing and am such a chicken), there is no real challenge to this map if you were to do so. The "this is so hard" part - especially in the beginning and when you go exploring, comes from the fact that it does have all those mob spawning. If you don't get a move on it, it'll kick you where it hurts.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
No:cool:. Because even though I really like the idea of playing on peaceful all the time with eternal day (cuz I really suck at the monster fighting thing and am such a chicken), there is no real challenge to this map if you were to do so. The "this is so hard" part - especially in the beginning and when you go exploring, comes from the fact that it does have all those mob spawning. If you don't get a move on it, it'll kick you where it hurts.
always day doesn't mean peaceful all the time. and with it random instead of set nights with no real way of know when it will be would add more to the game. also all day does turn off spawners? All the spawners are cover. you could do like a oasis spot with a pool of liquid something and a chest in the middle. make it have cover that makes it dark enough for spawning and then when you open the chest bam spawners activate and start spawning. rofl Or maybe randomize the day and night cycles to where the can be longer or shorter would also work. rofl having it all day at the start wouldn't make it that much easier when you have to use the drop allot at the start to survive.

Reactions: verniu

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

Reason I ask:

if you make the grinder when you have cobble to you can stick in cobble and hand crank it into sand and use it to make glass.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
if you make the grinder when you have cobble to you can stick in cobble and hand crank it into sand and use it to make glass.

Have you found that to be faster/more efficient/etc. than just using a hammer? Sure, you have to break each block twice, but it seems faster than the grind stone. That said, maybe there's some bonus to using the grind stone like there is for sugar cane?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Have you found that to be faster/more efficient/etc. than just using a hammer? Sure, you have to break each block twice, but it seems faster than the grind stone. That said, maybe there's some bonus to using the grind stone like there is for sugar cane?
Well it doesn't use up anymore resources and you can do it any time you have to wait on other thing like trees, crops, or Night time to be over. The hammer you have to break down cobble into gravel and then replace to break down into sand. This way you still doing by hand but there is no placing twice. Not only that if you base is safe and you have enough food and water you can key bind right click to the space bar and just hold it down while you watch tv. Just keep an eye on the screen for water and food. It is the only way i get my sand. Now that i have the Smelting Shovel i can keep stacks of glass on hand by 1.5 time the sand. Can not wait till i get it up to Fort III.

Note: I don't know if fort works on the glass. I know it does on logs to charcoal.

Last edited: